Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   08 CSX Stormtrooper (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/365359-08-csx-stormtrooper.html)

UltraHDGames 09-28-2015 12:14 AM

08 CSX Stormtrooper

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys new here but have been lurking for awhile now. Start by saying this is actually not my car but actually my girlfriends, i supply ideas and do the work.

The car is her daily so mods can't be too extreme but it's a really fun car and seems to be reliable :) wish it was the type s but the k20Z2 has some kick!

So far I've painted the stock rims a gloss black, painted the calipers red, painted the grill and plasti dipped the rear emblems
Attachment 90580
First time painting rims, turned out pretty well I'd say
Attachment 90581Attachment 90582

The plans
-18x8.75 /35mm offset xxr 530s wrapped in 225/40r18s, If these set up would cause tire rub let me know. Unsure of which tire. The stock rims would be used for winter
-Tint windows, 35% sides with 5% back window
-Medicore sound system, touch screen double din, new speakers maybe amped and a 10 or 12 inch sub
-Maybe more power, intake, headers, exhaust etc, not sure what got brands for all these, just a few extra hp wouldn't hurt but without sounding ridiculously loud or ricey
-Hid fogs
-Type s spoiler or some kind not over the top
-Aftermarket hood, possibly a carbon fiber one. The oem hood has a dent on one side from rear ending my truck..
-Mugan Visors and sun roof deflector

Couple questions about this car
-Do the acuras have a factory amp? And if so is it half decent for aftermarket speakers?
-Do these cars have a limited slip or open diff?

Not going low because the car drivers down gravel roads in winter with lots of snow but you never know one day
Updates will be slow but stay tuned :) and any suggestions would be much appreciated

GolNat 09-28-2015 09:07 AM

Re: 08 CSX Stormtrooper

Welcome, looking good.

UltraHDGames 09-28-2015 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4694291)
Welcome, looking good.

Thank you :)

MassCivic 09-28-2015 12:30 PM

Thats a nice ride! Wish they'd sent those to the U.S.!

UltraHDGames 09-28-2015 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by MassCivic (Post 4694298)
Thats a nice ride! Wish they'd sent those to the U.S.!

Thanks! It's really fun car!

UltraHDGames 11-23-2015 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These came in, been crappy weather lately but if I get the chance I'll try and clean and install them
Attachment 90506
I have a question- Where can I find a reasonably priced spoiler? Kinda want something not Oem and a tad bigger, of course white. Let's keep in mind I do live in Canada so I'd prefer to not pay a hockey stick and a half for shipping

Kinda thinking something like this. Even has the exact same rims/tire combo that we plan on buying in spring so I know it looks good
Attachment 90507

UltraHDGames 01-01-2016 10:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Been awhile but sadly don't have any big updates. Still haven't put on those stickers due to winter here and lack of a heated garage to do it in, also didn't order the spoiler although that will come with time.

The actual car owner :)
Attachment 90475
Next to my truck, 06 Mazda B2300, 2wd with a 4" Suspension lift
Attachment 90476

Rims we should be ordering in the next few months and soon as snow is gone they'll get mounted. Been thinking that 18x7.5 might be better then the original plan of 18x8.75 on a 225/40R18 tire, I know the rim isn't technically wider then the tire(8.86" Wide) and a lot of guys stretch tires with too wide rims but will being that close in width effect tire wear? Just want to know what we're getting into for future problems

As for what tires we're going to get I'm still a little unsure, some options I've been seeing our Bfg G-force Comp 2 a/s or the nitto nt555 but when it comes to car tires I'm not to experienced. We need something that can handle rain and gravel and have decent life but still grip a corner nice and tight so give some input!

Very soon going to be replacing the dome lights with leds and the license plate lights with leds so if someone has a link to what we need that'd be much appreciated

Also for her birthday in February she told me she wants tint so 35% sides and 5% back window will be on the way making the Stormtrooper come alive

GolNat 01-02-2016 12:36 PM

I have not ordered from here but when I do my Fit with LED's I will probably be using them. You can do a search by the car. Not sure how hey feel about Canada shipping though.

https://www.superbrightleds.com

As for tires I have the BfG Sport Comp 2's and love them. Never tried them on gravel but great in the dry and wet. Other option that is popular is Yokahama S Drives (I believe that's the model). I might try those or some Pilot Sports when my BfG's are done just to try different tires for comparison to the Comp 2's.

UltraHDGames 01-02-2016 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4700433)
I have not ordered from here but when I do my Fit with LED's I will probably be using them. You can do a search by the car. Not sure how hey feel about Canada shipping though.

As for tires I have the BfG Sport Comp 2's and love them. Never tried them on gravel but great in the dry and wet. Other option that is popular is Yokahama S Drives (I believe that's the model). I might try those or some Pilot Sports when my BfG's are done just to try different tires for comparison to the Comp 2's.

I found some leds on carid but i'll check the superbrightled site
Good to hear about the tires, for the gravel its not like we rally race down them haha but its at least a mile everyday down them. Good to hear about the rain they seem like a good tire, hows the life on them?

UltraHDGames 01-09-2016 10:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Washed the car and put on the vtec stickers, to us they really look great and the black breaks up the white and flows with our theme very well http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps2qvokptw.jpg
Attachment 90464
Attachment 90465
Attachment 90466

Can't wait for tint, really going to set off the Stromtrooper image we want. Plus I'm going to add a stormtrooper decal on the back window after tint

kyledempsey 02-15-2016 12:53 PM

Hello there i too am also from canada i feel us canada guys should try our best to help each other out
i was just wondering if you made any success on a wing i believe you are looking for something similar to what i am looking for with not much success iv only found one decent honda civic or more or a cavalier aftermarket style bumper the guy has it painted green iv wanted one like it actualy just like it for so long and at first he had it advertised at 500$ !! for a bright lime green spoiler which i will have topaint over i managed to get him down to 250$ because when he bought this wing it was the start of the whole fast an furious craze an parts went through the roof i explained that these type of wings are not even close to the 500 mark these days you can get them on car sites and ebay for what i want brand new for 100 plus shipping
anyways i juat thought id introduce myself as another canadian an perhaps in th future we can help each other look ffor parts i am driving a 03 civic d17 and currently rounding up parts on here for ny own turbo build instead of buying a kit so in good faith if you can let me know of any d17 turbo parts i will do the same for you anyways ttyl
kyle dempsey

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4700433)

UltraHDGames 05-04-2016 05:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Really not a lot new, the gf ended up buying a quad so that took some $$$ away
Attachment 90295
However yesterday she did get the car tinted, 35% sides and 15% back. Overall its really nice, not to dark to get attention of cops but it does look nicer imo and driving is more comfortable during the day
Attachment 90296
Attachment 90297
Kinda heard to see but we did add a stormtrooper sticker, wish it was bigger though
Attachment 90298

WingsFan92 06-08-2016 04:53 PM

Damn dude I find you everywhere. FRF-BlueOvalGuy92 Expedition Portal- Travelin_Man

UltraHDGames 06-08-2016 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by WingsFan92 (Post 4708868)
Damn dude I find you everywhere. FRF-BlueOvalGuy92 Expedition Portal- Travelin_Man

Well hot damn haha, sadly since the last update this beautiful car was written off, however last week it was replaced by an 07 Csx Type S, sometime I'll start a new thread for it