Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Post hail storm: new wheels, etc (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/355049-post-hail-storm-new-wheels-etc.html)

dubtee1480 04-18-2013 09:48 AM

Post hail storm: new wheels, etc

March 18th a massive hail storm came through, seriously screwed a lot of people's cars up. I had some hail damage, but not nearly so bad as most - very light. Insurance paid out and I saved most of the money by arranging to have a friend of a friend do the paintless dent repair, finding and replacing my own hood and not replacing the window (wasn't damaged by the hail storm, it's all from the crappy roads around the warehouse where I work) that Progressive wrote into the estimate, even though I told them it wasn't a result of the storm. All in all I made out pretty well.

I saved $740 by finding a sourcing my own parts yard hood in a part of the state that didn't get hit with hail. Behold, my $100 hood:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...rock-pecks.jpg
No more hail dings and no more giant owl dent. I'll attempt to clean up the rusty rock pecks later in the summer. Grease pencil markings came off with Lysol of all things, WD40 and degreaser had no effect.

I also saved $260 by not replacing the windshield, even if I had, I would have paid about $175 for it. So I put my money to work:
I finally got rid of the loathsome hub caps.
Enkei RSF5 in Hyper Silver:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...oxed-wheel.jpg
Installed:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/m...-installed.jpg
I also installed a WheelSkin that I picked up from AutoAnything.com, have some factory style fogs coming in from K2 Motor, WeatherTech window visors sitting in my living room and am planning on tinting the windows next weekend since it's starting to get warm again. Tint and visors would already be installed but the dent guy has my car this weekend and I didn't want him to have to work around not being able to roll my windows down or the visors being in the way with them down.

Maybe I can sweet talk my wife into getting leather seat covers installed for our 3rd anniversary this November, thinking a dark brown to match the upper dash since I keep getting the light tan seats dirty with warehouse dust. :fullofwin:

krudmuphin 04-18-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Post hail storm: new wheels, etc

Nice! Sorry about the hail damage. I've got a few small dents on my roof, but nothing really noticeable.

I actually considered geting those same rims. They look good! Would look even better on a lowered car :roflmao:

Kennykid2002 04-18-2013 11:06 AM

Looking good.
Those rims look nice on a white car :tup:

GolNat 04-18-2013 12:40 PM

Damn that sucks about the hail. Glad I don't have to worry about hail! Those wheels look nice!!

Like krud said, would look even better lowered!

dubtee1480 04-18-2013 03:26 PM

Thanks everyone! I can't lower it at the moment but after I get my driveway fixed it wouldn't be out of the question to drop it an inch or so. I'd definitely have to watch it coming in and out of work though, we have a street gutter out front. The front lip and exhaust tips on my Impala SS were scratched to hell when I sold it.

dubtee1480 04-18-2013 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by krudmuphin (Post 4638369)
Nice! Sorry about the hail damage. I've got a few small dents on my roof, but nothing really noticeable.

I actually considered geting those same rims. They look good! Would look even better on a lowered car :roflmao:

Several weeks ago when I was weighing buying new wheels, larger wheels when I needed new tires, I looked hard at the Adrenalina you have. I was never really comfortable with anything I looked at though, these popped up on the new arrivals tab on Tire Rack's site last week and I knew I wanted them. Just need to get some wheel locks so no one jacks them.

krudmuphin 04-18-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dubtee1480 (Post 4638388)
Several weeks ago when I was weighing buying new wheels, larger wheels when I needed new tires, I looked hard at the Adrenalina you have. I was never really comfortable with anything I looked at though, these popped up on the new arrivals tab on Tire Rack's site last week and I knew I wanted them. Just need to get some wheel locks so no one jacks them.

I'm actually getting rid of my Adrenalinas really soon. :(
They look really really good in the dark and also when the car is rolling slowly, but they look terrible when they're dirty and not spinning, lol

It's a love/hate thing, so I decided just to get new rims, haha

Gunner 04-19-2013 06:37 AM

Nice pick up.. they look good

dubtee1480 04-19-2013 10:32 AM

Factory style fogs came in today, ordered from K2. I read that it came with a switch and I assumed it would be some cheap toggle and that I would need to source a better (maybe stealth install) switch from AutoZone or somewhere but it came with a factory style switch. That's pretty cool.

krudmuphin 04-19-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dubtee1480 (Post 4638444)
Factory style fogs came in today, ordered from K2. I read that it came with a switch and I assumed it would be some cheap toggle and that I would need to source a better (maybe stealth install) switch from AutoZone or somewhere but it came with a factory style switch. That's pretty cool.

Definitely a cool switch, but a pain to install, haha.
Most people I've seen with the K2 fog lights, including myself, have their own custom switch mounted somewhere else in the cabin. I actually had wiring issues with that switch as well...

dubtee1480 04-19-2013 12:24 PM

Depending on, I may still stealth mount the switch. When I installed fog lights on my truck I wired the signal wire on the relay to my parking lights and mounted a push-on/push-off button under my dash, just to the right of my parking brake release. Easy for me to find but out of sight.