Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Everyone this is GLI (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/341898-everyone-gli.html)

SpeedDownZone 06-26-2011 09:17 PM

Everyone this is GLI

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys iam kind of bored so I decided to show yous guys my car. I know its not a civic or a honda but the thing is I really don't like the VW culture. Most of the forums I have seen I have not joined because they just flame each other and I guess if you have not spent 20k on mods they are lighting there torches. But not all of them are this way its just they really stan out and spoil it for others. I don't know if its a lack of dropping the ban hammer on users like does by moderators or what but they just run lose.

Any way that's why I have you guys that I love and trust and alway lurk around to. :hgrin:
Attachment 100359
Attachment 100360
Attachment 100361
Attachment 100363
Attachment 100364

I have not seen this pics on a monitor just on the phone which iam using to post right now. So sorry if there's bad quality. Anyway I don't have interior pics or engine pics. I will start doing mods but slowly since there so expensive compare to the civic and post them here. So thanks for looking.

sl33pyriceboi 06-27-2011 09:41 AM

Re: Everyone this is GLI

get off german!

where is that ban key...

hhahahahha i kid. good to see you around. the car looks gorgeous.

SpeedDownZone 06-27-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4545820)
get off german!

where is that ban key...

hhahahahha i kid. good to see you around. the car looks HIDEOUS .

Hater.:moon: :lol:
Aint bad for a $5k car right. 2007 26k on it right now, direct inject engine with turbo, DSG transmission with paddle shifters which is awesome since i hate driving manual got the best of both world for my still of driving. FREE satellite radio for life WOHOO. I love the steering wheel and the sports tuned suspensions are worlds above my old civic since they were stock. Although i do missed the fuel economy on the civic since this only takes premium and to get 30-34mpg i have to granny it on the highway.:shake:

sdaidoji 06-27-2011 06:24 PM

niiiice! They are little monsters in the track!
glad you got another ride!
when you have a chance, git a 4-6th gen too :D

mac25 06-28-2011 02:05 AM

noyyy-ice wip "dawg"! at least its gdm at a meet we were making fum of a guy for being kdm (hyundai). lol

BlueEM2 06-28-2011 05:22 AM

Very nice car ;)

SpeedDownZone 06-28-2011 06:03 AM

Thanks everyone, I do want to take it to the tracks cause every review I have read petty much agrees that I was built for it. But I would feel kind of shy to go out there when there's alot of people looking. So I might go on a week day if possible. Plus I need 4 new tires. I want to get the APR stage one flash since there's a special right now and then go stage two. But all in time.

sdaidoji 06-28-2011 06:36 PM

just hit your nearby SCCA autoX to start :D

Shift-E 06-28-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone (Post 4545863)
Aint bad for a $5k car right.

Are you saying you got this car for 5k?? How???

SpeedDownZone 06-29-2011 04:08 AM

Sdaidoji: I am probably gonna go down there one week end since there is two not to far from here I will let you know how it went.

Shift-E its a salvage:https://www.civicforums.com/forums/p...15-post23.html

janmmaster 06-29-2011 05:50 AM

credit everyone, I do wish for to capture it to the tracks cause every review I have read inconsequential much agrees that I was built for it. But I would feel kind of shy to go out there when there's a lot of people looking. So I capacity go on a week day if possible. Plus I need 4 new tires. I feel like to get the APR stage one flash since there's a exceptional right now and then go stage two. But all in time.

SpeedDownZone 06-29-2011 06:46 AM

^^^^ are you a malfunctioning bot for skynet. I thought your mission was to take over the world? What happened to your goals and dreams of world domination?

Shift-E 06-29-2011 09:09 AM

That's actually a ridiculously good price. Even though I don't like VW, I'd get that car for 5k. It hasn't given you any problems, has it?

SpeedDownZone 06-29-2011 06:41 PM

No I only been driving it for about 3 weeks. I have been driving it like a rental and nothing has broke so all good.

sdaidoji 06-29-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone (Post 4546187)
^^^^ are you a malfunctioning bot for skynet. I thought your mission was to take over the world? What happened to your goals and dreams of world domination?

bwaaahahahahaha!
Sorry, i was just re-watching Sarah Connors Chronicles - i guess they did change the past again and it was delayed, so skynet is still in it's infancy!

SpeedDownZone 07-22-2011 06:37 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Alright here is some of the interior pictures of the car.

Nothing special just like most german car its like a "your here to drive so nothing to get you distracted with".
Attachment 99722
That is going to get change you real soon for a oem nav one.Attachment 99723
Attachment 99724
DSG FTW!!!!
Attachment 99725
Paddle shifters are nice.
Attachment 99726
Attachment 99727
Attachment 99728
Attachment 99729
Attachment 99730
Attachment 99731
Attachment 99732
Attachment 99733

Rain and light sensor. What the rain senson is for auto wipers(lame) and it closes your windows if you let them down even with the car off(cool).

And my first mod because i dont have no real money at the time.
Attachment 99734
debadged
Attachment 99735
Attachment 99736

Happy that most not all of my hardcore personal civic friends approve. Thanks for looking.

billkisme 07-22-2011 07:02 PM

ohhhh ahhhhh. looks good and for the price its well worth it. NOW its time for some engine pics.

lollygagger 07-23-2011 01:34 PM

love the GLI, even the TDI cup edition is nice

SpeedDownZone 08-13-2011 01:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Drunk drivers FTMFL.
Attachment 99305
Attachment 99306
Attachment 99307
Attachment 99308
Do you think insurance will repair the headlight or replace it?

Attachment 99309

This one has a broken tap

SpeedDownZone 08-13-2011 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So I was posting out side and logged.out and this happened.
Attachment 99303
Attachment 99304

Shift-E 08-13-2011 03:15 PM

Holy shit man! You need to move, because there are too many horrible drivers frequenting your area!

That is the worst luck I've seen... So sorry to see that man :(

MindBomber 08-13-2011 03:41 PM

Wow man, I'm with Dark, you've gotta move.

Your neighborhood is a death trap for cars.

Shift-E 08-13-2011 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 4556095)
Wow man, I'm with Dark, you've gotta move.

Your neighborhood is a death trap for cars.

When did Dark post? :P

MindBomber 08-13-2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Shift-E (Post 4556096)
When did Dark post? :P

lol I meant to say you. :p

VTEC-4.0 08-13-2011 03:57 PM

Damn dude.That sucks.It was a nice car.Time to call up the real estate agent.

gearbox 08-13-2011 04:59 PM

ouch, if any of the headlamp lens is cracked they will replace it. its gonna cost bigtime tho like almost $1k for each one. theres actually quite a bit of damage. not severe, just costly. new hood, new bumper (maybe just paint if there is no plastic scraped off), new lights at least.

SpeedDownZone 08-13-2011 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yea after the accident i witness i pretty much made my mind up to get out of the city and becoming a farm boy. People here drive like they live there life, just dont give a ****. Its really sad how I am able to all that is wrong with society today but there not, sad.

Anyway its would have suck if my insurance would have had to pay for it. I was walking and saw my car with the damage and i though mother effer a hit and run. So i was looking at my car and just looked back at the car in front of it and what do you know.
Attachment 99295
Attachment 99296
That thing is under his car and somehow got on my hood.
Since its a 4x4 he was able to get of my hood. I know he was dead drunk cause he looked hanged over but he told the cops that his girl was driving. This is how he left his car. Windows down and cell phone charging.Attachment 99297

Yea i know how overly expensive vw parts are so there going to be looking at a big bill. I will push for the lights to get replace since does scratches were not there before and maybe get me something nice for all this trouble.

gearbox 08-13-2011 07:58 PM

didnt the cops arrest the guy? drunk drivers really piss me off and i see stuff like this all the time. whats worse is they always get off with a slap on the wrist.

sdaidoji 08-14-2011 07:45 AM

ow god...
hope you get a much better place to live...
darn!
2 on your car, and witnessed another one...
these guys need to have a restriction to engine size, i guess. they would benefit with being stuck on driving vespas, so they WILL need to be careful or their bodyes will be epxosed, not the car.

SpeedDownZone 08-14-2011 09:03 AM

Yea he pretty much walked free and the cops i think are not going to pursue it. But the dude that hit my civic was in the court system the other day. I got a letter to come as a witness for the city and then they told me to leave after about 1/2 hour cuz he was working for a guilty plea.

I have seen smart cars blow pass me on the high way so engine size would not matter. Oh and the fire department was directing traffic on the accident i witness and there was about 8 drivers that got impatient and almost took out the dude directing it. The thing is around here they they cut back on the police department and everyone knows that. So they know as long as they dont go into west reading across the bridge or near the college the have a big city the could run around and act like animals.

Just to put it in prospective, I call them and they got there a little over 30 min after i hanged up. The accident i posted up there the paramedics came and the fire depo came but the cops got there about a full hour after they left. Yea they left and the car was left in the middle of the road.

I was looking for a pic that i thought i took can find it of the scene but did not find it but anyway that car got hit so hard the battery flew out of the hood.

Forgot to say the claims adjuster will be here monday or tuesday so will let you guys know what he says.