Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   what is the allure of the civic? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/338305-what-allure-civic.html)

rosettascone 02-14-2011 03:07 PM

what is the allure of the civic?

hi everybody, I figured I would ask this question on a civic forum to get the most feedback. What is the allure of the honda civic? All racing nonsense aside:rolleyes: , what makes it such a good car to you? fuel economy? ease of maintenance? Also, What is the average civic owners opinion on ricers?( I hate them personally)
PS, in case your are wondering, I own a ford f350 and a porsche caymen. this wasn't meant to be disrespectful at all, so no hating, unless you are a ricer. in that case i don't care:tongue:

lollygagger 02-14-2011 03:30 PM

Re: what is the allure of the civic?

It's all I need. Being 21 and not having a family, I don't need anything big or flashy. Plus I can't complain about reliability and fuel economy. Oh it's looks pretty good too haha

Brian1037 02-14-2011 03:47 PM

The way it looks, and how I feel driving it :)

BlueEM2 02-14-2011 03:47 PM

Gas Mileage!

xRiCeBoYx 02-14-2011 03:50 PM

I didn't have a choice when I got the car. The car was a HS grad present to me. I definitely like the gas mileage, and the suspension is decent from the factory. The civic wasn't my first choice of wanted vehicles, but the more I drove it the more I liked it. I'm prolly gonna run it in to the ground. Definitely a fun drive

SpeedDownZone 02-14-2011 04:11 PM

I like: Mpg, look, aftermarket parts everywhere, easy maintenance, cheap parts, gets me from point a to point be without having to worry about it breaking down.

I don't like: a thief magnet, the stereo type it brings because of ricers those that think its a sports car and put on huge wings like it going to fly with chromed 20in rims that the car is struggling to move with purple head light and different color doors and we all know most did not get it from the junk yard and to top it all off you can hear them three blocks away because of there fart cannons.(end rant notice how much i had this people)

sdaidoji 02-14-2011 04:16 PM

cheap and easy to deal with except for timing belt. Ergonomics are great - everything is accessible and the seats are great for the car price. A Corolla kills my back in 2 hours, a cavalier does it in 30 minutes...
And fuel mileage, plus if back seat is down, half the house goes in the trunk and still got me 44 MPG :D

gearbox 02-14-2011 05:14 PM

simple car, very easy to fix almost anything, easy access to parts, lots of options for customizing, overall reliable and pretty good on gas. nothing wrong with ricers if they drive normally.

BlueEM2 02-14-2011 05:14 PM

What makes my civic sexy is the Vtak.

lowlife9 02-14-2011 05:24 PM

they are pussy maganets lol. plus resale value is good.

SpeedDownZone 02-14-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4518524)
simple car, very easy to fix almost anything, easy access to parts, lots of options for customizing, overall reliable and pretty good on gas. nothing wrong with ricers if they drive normally.

That's the thing when O when do they drive normally. Around here they drive like there in a hurry to get home and wacth fast and the furious again.

sdaidoji 02-14-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by tbohar (Post 4518525)
What makes my civic sexy is the Vtak.

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 4518527)
they are pussy maganets lol.

bwaaahahaha!

sdaidoji 02-14-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by rosettascone (Post 4518506)
PS, in case your are wondering, I own a ford f350 and a porsche caymen. this wasn't meant to be disrespectful at all, so no hating, unless you are a ricer. in that case i don't care:tongue:

But anyway, Rosetta-san, what you looking for?
?Yo no lo comprendo por que usted esta aqui?

DarkSouljur 02-14-2011 10:06 PM

Looks, gas mileage, driving it is fun, cheap on maintenance / repairs, i dunno... what isn't there to like?

At 19, i don't need anything else ... and even though its not the cheapest on insurance ... it's cheap everywhere else so it's fine :D

I've always liked import over muscle ...

MikePDaTruth 02-15-2011 10:26 AM

MPG, look, ergonomics, and above all else, reliability and the fact that it retains its value extraordinarily well.

MelJ 02-15-2011 11:36 AM

Gas mileage, nice looks, pretty responsive steering. Great 5 speed gearbox. VTAK!!!!!111!!!. Reliability and it does what I need it to do. I couldn't ask for more in a car right now.

Leafsfan16 02-15-2011 06:08 PM

I shopped around for something good on gas and compared all the 4 cylinders and even a few 6's and for the money, civics seem to be the nicest cars. The cavaliers and focus's especially have a crap econobox feel, i would have bought a mazda but my civic had far less km on it for the same money and had a few more options.

MartinL 02-16-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 4518527)
they are pussy maganets lol. plus resale value is good.

ding!!
I always tell a girl she has a nice car when she is driving the same thing as me :)