Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Honda Fit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/331510-honda-fit.html)

StrobeWylan 08-28-2010 11:47 AM

Honda Fit

My wife just got an 08 Honda "Fit".

Anyone know anything about these? It's a new thing to me.

sam68 08-28-2010 12:50 PM

Re: Honda Fit

I know they are 4x100 lug pattern. I wanted to get a set of Fit rims for my 7th gen but changed my mind.

gearbox 08-28-2010 01:02 PM

they are nice little cars around town. not fast, but good on gas. check www.handaaccessories.com if you want good prices on honda accessories for it. may also want to check out a honda fit specific forum, since this site is mainly about civics.

20_CiViC_02 08-28-2010 01:05 PM

L15A engine, i-VTEC, inline 4, SOHC
About 118 horsepower, 107lb/ft of torque

Or it could be a 1.2L or 1.3L (EUDM and JDM)
But I'm thinking it was made in North America, so then it's the L15A engine.

kamal77 09-17-2012 11:39 AM

Honda Fit problems can cause buyer's remorse or even compromise your safety when driving the vehicle. It's possible for any car to experience problems, but there are a few important points to consider if you own a Honda Fit or are thinking of buying one. This vehicle ranks very high by consumers and buyers as having excellent fuel economy, a versatile interior and a higher level of standard features. Overall, it's an excellent choice of automobile, especially for drivers in small cities. There are, however, a few problem areas that may be key influences in your decision to purchase a Honda Fit.

1. Honda Fit Recall

A recall has been issued for Honda Fit problems with model year 2007 to 2008. The issue lies with the driver side master power window switch. If this switch comes into contact with excessive liquid from a spill or even a hard rainfall, the switch can overheat and cause a fire. Several incidents of this occurrence have been documented in the US, but no human injury has occurred. There has been one death outside of the country and the suspected cause was that of the subject of this recall. Some models will require a new switch, while the rest only need a water-tight skirt installed to keep the switch from coming into contact with liquid. Until more official information is released, drivers are advised to be conscious of the amount of liquid that falls onto the window switch and install window rain guards, if possible.

2. Honda Fit Brake Problem

While there is no official report of the Honda Fit having problems with the brake system, several Honda Fit and automobile forums suggest that a few are experiencing numerous questions and inconsistencies in this area. Many report the brakes to feel "soft" shortly after purchase. Others have had to return their vehicles to the dealer for ABS problems and malfunction. Keep in mind that anti-lock brakes will make an odd grabbing sound when in slick driving conditions. Also, you will need to break in the brake system by consciously working the new brake pads for about the first 200 miles put on the vehicle. If you experience problems beyond this, you may want to consider speaking with a mechanic.

3. Honda Fit Weaknesses

There are a few Honda Fit problems that may not be life-threatening, but may cause the buyer to reconsider following through with a purchase. The driver of this vehicle will tend to experience excessive road and wind noise. The smaller tires on the car wear rather quickly and the low front bumper may scratch more easily than that of other cars. The front seats lack a height adjustment which also may cause an inconvenience to the driver.

4. Honda Fit Problems with Extended Warranty

There are many reasons and many ways to purchase an extended warranty in case of Honda Fit problems. The decision to buy an extended warranty lies with your preference as a vehicle owner. Many people like the added security of knowing unexpected and expensive repairs will be taken care of. Others feel as though the reliability of any Honda model doesn't warrant the extra $800 to $2000 for additional coverage.