Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I know ya'll will hate on my civic, but I don't care (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/331123-i-know-yall-will-hate-my-civic-but-i-dont-care.html)

sic1civic 08-14-2010 12:37 AM

I know ya'll will hate on my civic, but I don't care

5 Attachment(s)
Bought my 2000 Civic at a dealer auction in FL in 2002 for $300. Since then I have been building it into a showcar. The lambos that are on it are coming off and will be replaced with 180 degree suicide doors. I am also redoing the suspension totally with removing the inner fender wells and doing a cantilever suspension on the front and back with bags and putting 22s in the front and 24s in the rear.

Last year I also installed drag bars on my civic for the Relaxed Atmospheres show in Millington, TN. I participated in the drag session and achieved 15 foot rooster tails behind my car.

xRiCeBoYx 08-14-2010 12:42 AM

Re: I know ya'll will hate on my civic, but I don't care

Not gonna hate because you said it's a show car. I would like to see the 180º suicides though. And how the car finally turns out. I'd also ditch those hood pins for AeroCatch ones.. Just a personal preference of mine though

Is a cantilever suspension what the ariel atom has on the front?
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...suspension.jpg

sic1civic 08-14-2010 12:48 AM

I added the hood pins cause the urethane hood kept coming up when just used the hood latch. The front end is a 2004 JDM Acura RSX front end conversion, but I am also replacing the front bumper with a better one. It is difficult as hell to get a replacement front bumper for a urethane conversion one when you crack it. I am actually picking up a stock RSX bumper, cutting it in half and molding it back together just to have a better looking front bumper.

The cantilever suspension for civic can be found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12FGHNVHRQ

I am also considering replacing the stock motor with a K24A2/K20A2 hybrid from King Motorsports and Hybrid Racing. (Street Tuned to 350 hp).

sl33pyriceboi 08-14-2010 01:31 AM

thats pretty sick man. ur car isnt bad for a show car. cantilever suspension is the shit.

MindBomber 08-14-2010 01:55 AM

Cantilever suspension is nuts man, no hatin here.

Start a build thread to keep us updated on your progress.

jsmithe2010 08-14-2010 05:17 PM

I like the stealth paint job.

sic1civic 08-15-2010 08:01 PM

The paint job is just black primer. I have even more plans for the paint job to go along with my fave type of music, even though I may never get to go to one of the concerts.

Also all the work done and going to be done has been done by myself and a few friends.
On the cantilever suspension, I am actually building the system myself too, since I own my own welding business too.

Awjvail 08-15-2010 08:29 PM

needs more hood gap.

xRiCeBoYx 08-15-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Awjvail (Post 4484233)
needs more hood gap.

Haha.. I just assumed the hood was partially popped.. I didn't take a close look enough at the pins to realize they were pinned down

01civiclx94 08-15-2010 10:03 PM

LoL jsmithe uhh that's not an actual paint job it's just PRIMER :lol: ... I would deff like to see the suicide doors and i've always wanted to get 22s for my civic but i only got 17s :( looks pretty good tho

sic1civic 08-16-2010 11:56 AM

I am also removing the M3 style mirrors and doing something totally different. Thus the mounting plates for the mirrors will have to be custom made, I am using the mirrors from a Can-Am Spyder with the built in HIDs in the mirrors.

Nosepicker 08-16-2010 12:09 PM

I like it. I think the RSX guys would hate more than the Civic guys. LOL!

The only pet peeve of mine is that the body parts line up perfectly. If it's slightly off I just stands out like a sore thumb. That's just me.

sic1civic 08-16-2010 08:28 PM

That is why I am doing the cantilever suspension. The strut towers on the civic are wrinkled from an incident in Atlanta in 2003. Thus the front end doesn't line up, but when the strut towers are removed for the new suspension, should line up.

209civic 08-16-2010 08:55 PM

nice...i would say paint it and it would look much better.
GL with project

Tragedy 08-17-2010 08:35 PM

Electron blue pearl would compliment the interior nicely. Other than a paint job, it looks nice to me. The RSX front end is different for sure.

sic1civic 08-18-2010 09:45 PM

Today I found out who I will have to call for my wheels. Since I am going with an unusual setup and want something to compliment the paint job I have in mind, I am having to have my wheels custom made.

sic1civic 11-23-2011 07:32 PM

latest on the civic...
converting the brakes to 4X112 all the way around with discs going in on the back

Paint job is going to be stock silver with red flake with a two-tone flame setup with fire engine red metallic. Then will be getting 6 coats of clear with crystal chrome illusion in it.

MindBomber 11-23-2011 07:34 PM

Any updated pics?