Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   de-womanise my civic! lol (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/320138-de-womanise-my-civic-lol.html)

vrap 07-30-2009 02:42 AM

de-womanise my civic! lol

Hey guys, sorry to be a nag on my first post, im not much of a car enthusiast but i have taken interest lately.

basically i got my P's last week and got the mumma mobile, its a 2001 honda civic vi, 7th gen HATCHBACK and its red.
It basically has my mums name written all over it. Now i was wondering how i can change the appearance, and possibly the performance on a reasonable budget. A friend suggested tinting the windows to start, so i may be doing that first, are there any suggestions?

unTuned 07-30-2009 03:30 AM

Re: de-womanise my civic! lol

its a vi? what country do you live in? what is the engine size?

as for mods, our cars have so many mods you can do, and aside from a full exhaust system, and rims.....they are all cheap mods as well. most mods depending on what you are looking for can range between 100-300$

vrap 07-30-2009 06:07 AM

i live in australia, my car looks like this
NOTE this is not my car and im not selling anything :s

http://cars2.ebay.com.au/2001-Honda-...mZ220411539248

But yeh, its hard to think what i can do to it, and im new to this. Whats the process?

baron340 07-30-2009 09:15 AM

My vote says you have a decent platform to begin a sweet rally car build

hypnotic20 07-30-2009 02:48 PM

I say you clean the interior, and wax the outside if applicable. If you want to get rid of that mother feel either drop a powerful engine in it or throw a cheeseburger wrapper in the back seat... I vote for the wrapper as its cheaper.

Honestly if you think it's a momma mobile, well adding "make up" like rims and tinting is like putting on a fake mustache. It will still be a momma mobile.

unTuned 07-30-2009 04:23 PM

the interior and engine look pretty much the same as ours. to be completely honest, if i was you i would not go for performance on that car. it is an extremely ugly car. get some tint, a stereo system installed and some nice rims. forget anything else.

vrap 07-30-2009 07:00 PM

ahaha i love the mix of replies, i know its superficial to cover it up, but its my only real choice right now to make it look a bit nicer haha.

Any suggestions on what rims would look nice on that one.

Awjvail 07-30-2009 07:26 PM

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. That's a freaking mini van.

On the plus side, at least it looks like an SiR (or whatever they call them) from the front :D

BlueEM2 07-30-2009 08:51 PM

Just remember the most important thing: You just do whatever you want to your car and make it look how you want it to look! People have made the worst looking cars look incredible, and people have taken the nicest, most expensive cars and made them look just down right stupid.

That being said... Good luck on your build.

vrap 07-30-2009 09:04 PM

Hmm yeah its true, i think im just going to polish it up with some rims, some window tinting and a stereo system.
I wanted to put in a cold air intake because i like the sound, are there any cheap ones that would fit this? Im not really sure how it works :D
I bet your all laughing at me haha.

unTuned 07-30-2009 10:15 PM

well i would say take my advice and just go with the tint, system, and some rims.

stay away from intakes (thats getting into performance). once you do that, youre going to want to add more and more. haha.

anyway, if you really want to put an intake, buy the cheapest intake you can find on ebay and just buy an aem dryflow filter. once you get it, take their cheap filter off and put the aem one on in its place.

hypnotic20 07-30-2009 11:32 PM

Why dont you do the stranger test?

Would you rather get tinted windows and rims, or there value in cash?

If you pick the tinted windows and rims, then you should buy it, but if you pick the cash then that means save your money, because you dont really want it.

slayerc1 08-26-2009 05:09 PM

yeah i agree its one of the worst looking hondas i have seen. i think that no matter what you do its still not going to look that great. sorry to say

GreenMachineDX 09-08-2009 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by slayerc1 (Post 4432563)
yeah i agree its one of the worst looking hondas i have seen. i think that no matter what you do its still not going to look that great. sorry to say

Right outta my mind... Ugliest honda i saw..

Tuscani77 09-10-2009 08:56 AM

I'm in the same boat man lol, I'm taking my womens civic. Lots of work ahead of me :P

LuckyBoy 09-10-2009 10:11 AM

This is one of those cases where you'll get a million different suggestions, but in the end it all comes down to your preference.

As it was said, you should definitely be sure that you want to part with the money before you go buying mods of any kind. Make sure that you want to keep the car before sinking anything into it...does it have any mechanical problems? Body or paint damage? Anything else that might make you just want to sell it and buy something else? That could be an option and you don't want to potentially lose resale value by modding.

If the car is solid and/or you can't sell it or don't want to sell it, I would recommend using Photoshop (or similar) to "mock up" your ideas. Take a picture of your car and then tint the windows, add wheels, etc. etc. to see how it looks.

If you decide to go with mods, be a bargain shopper. Research what parts might be swappable with parts from a more common platform (if any, not sure about the four-door hatch) and look for them on craigslist and ebay. You can definitely find good deals on wheels and tires right now on craigslist.
After that, do the install work yourself to save even more (and learn.)

My personal opinion is that any car that you -want- to modify is worth modifying. Sometimes the more unusual platforms get the most looks because people haven't already seen a million of them driving down the street. For instance, Mustangs are awesome drag platforms but I would never buy one because you can't take a ten minute drive through my town without seeing at least 20 Mustangs on the road. That kills it for me.

Decide what you want out of your car, make a plan, and go for it. You can focus on in-car entertainment and add a nice head unit with video outputs and put monitors everywhere or you can laugh in the face of logic and strip the interior and weld in a roll cage. Modifying cars should never be about following a strict formula...if so it wouldn't be any fun because everyone in the same income bracket would have the exact same car in the end.

Redd559 09-10-2009 02:34 PM

at the end it'll still look like a minivan

sl33pyriceboi 09-11-2009 01:34 PM

just drop it, and put some rims on it. and maybe a tint.

DaSilverCivic 09-12-2009 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4434853)
just drop it, and put some rims on it. and maybe a tint.

agreed! any ugly car will look slightly better once it's dropped. gl!