Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Picked up the new ride today! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/312577-picked-up-new-ride-today.html)

Derwood 11-26-2008 05:52 PM

Picked up the new ride today!

So after about a month of fussing with the insurance company- I was able to pick up my new ride today!

Now- I know some of you will prob. have a few choice words regarding my choice, but for the price, performance, and options- I couldn't turn it down.

I picked up a 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 SVT in Liquid Silver Metallic with the black\red leather. Has the stage two performance package from Ford Racing, which includes tokico adjustable coilovers, brembo brakes, cold air intake, 2.5in exhaust, lightened flywheel, short throw shifter, a programmable ECM, and a few other goodies. All said and done, the car feels like it would have eaten my civic alive. I test drove this fifteen minutes after I test drove a modded RSX.... This was faster. Crazy faster.

Only owner was a service tech from the dealership who picked up a Shelby Mustang. When I signed the papers the guy sat down with me and we went over all of his paperwork on the car. And he kept EVERYTHING. Oil change logs on a spreadsheet. Gas milage checks. Tune ups. Tire rotations. EVERYTHING. He gave me a manilla folder about 3in thick full of papers, receipts, and three CD's full of stuff.

All said and done, they had the car listed for 9,330. The stock subwoofer was missing (as well as the stock enclosure), the tint on the front windows was bubbling, and the rear window's stock tint had a few scuffs in it. There wasn't a whole lot else to really say about it- but I was able to pick up the car for 8,500 out the door with a 12 month 15,000 mile bumper to bumper.

Payments are looking at 172.50 a month, insurance is 123.45. That leaves me with a total note every month of 295.95. That's what my car payment on my civic was! Without insurance!

Now I know, I know... Ford. Whatever. But after talking to a few people that I know that have had these, they're dependable, few to no electrical gremlins (of which I had several in my civic- window motors, power locks, dash lights), cheap to fix when they do have problems, and easy to mod.

No pics yet as I took it on a shake-down run for most of the day and it's already pitch ass black outside- not to mention freezing cold out.

manahoonie 11-26-2008 05:56 PM

Re: Picked up the new ride today!

no complaints from me! sounds like you got a great deal on it!

how many miles are on it? (or WERE on it, before you went and racked them up in 24 hours :P)

02civicg5 11-26-2008 10:06 PM

its ok i guess.. still would of chose the rsx over it.. either way that monthly is very cheap and good deal

doctor 11-26-2008 10:56 PM

excellent pickup....the best focus you could have got

DaSilverCivic 11-27-2008 12:02 AM

cant wait to see pics... congrats. hope you enjoy your car!!!

Maple50175 11-27-2008 05:42 AM

LoL a ford focus,

I'm sorry....

sl33pyriceboi 11-27-2008 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maple50175 (Post 4365769)
LoL a ford focus,

I'm sorry....

yea i agree...

"oh my boyfriend drives a ford focus"

"oh my boyfriend drives a RSX type-S"

hum.....hahahah

lilmidget08 11-27-2008 06:56 PM

hahaha

Guso 11-27-2008 07:05 PM

theres not one thing wron with your choice. Ford til i die *****!

katzenjammer84 11-27-2008 08:48 PM

The SVT models are pretty fun to drive actually; best choice you could have made if you're going the Focus path.

lordhelmet 11-27-2008 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4365841)
yea i agree...

hum.....hahahah

You'd totally do the DC5-s guy in the butt:moon:

Derwood 11-29-2008 09:17 AM

No pictures as of yet with the holiday and all. Family is taking up too much of my friggin time!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4365841)
yea i agree...

hum.....hahahah

RSX-S = 200 hp @ 2778 lbs curb weight for 15-18k depending on year, milage, and options.... Two doors plus very little useful space when you really consider it. Not a very practical car for someone with more than just him to think about.

SVT ZX5 = 170 hp @ 2600 lbs curb weight for 8-10k depending on year, milage, and options... Four doors and I got every possible option Including the HID's, 50k miles, for aprox. half the price I could have found a RSX. Plus I can actually use my zx5 to tow my jetski if I wanted, haul a good deal of cargo\people, and it's been shown to put down some decent numbers with only a few mods....

Sometimes you don't need to compensate.

TemjinX2 11-30-2008 09:02 AM

if you were looking at domestics you should've looked at a srt-4 as well. There not priced much more then what you paid for the focus. Congrats on your new ride.

KTciv_03 11-30-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Derwood (Post 4366217)
No pictures as of yet with the holiday and all. Family is taking up too much of my friggin time!

RSX-S = 200 hp @ 2778 lbs curb weight for 15-18k depending on year, milage, and options.... Two doors plus very little useful space when you really consider it. Not a very practical car for someone with more than just him to think about.

SVT ZX5 = 170 hp @ 2600 lbs curb weight for 8-10k depending on year, milage, and options... Four doors and I got every possible option Including the HID's, 50k miles, for aprox. half the price I could have found a RSX. Plus I can actually use my zx5 to tow my jetski if I wanted, haul a good deal of cargo\people, and it's been shown to put down some decent numbers with only a few mods....

15-18k depending onyear for a dc5? i dont know where you live but i picked up my 02 type s a couple weeks ago for less than 12k. 49k miles. never wrecked, garage kept. mugen body kit, borla exhaust ( straight pipe now) and aem cai. interior stock and clean as hell. bose sound system. ETC. happily run mid to high 14's with a stock motor and couldnt be happier. its a honda thing i guess.

KTciv_03 11-30-2008 01:40 PM

^not to mention near $1k a piece wheels came on her...

gearbox 11-30-2008 01:47 PM

ride pics?

katzenjammer84 11-30-2008 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2 (Post 4366432)
if you were looking at domestics you should've looked at a srt-4 as well. There not priced much more then what you paid for the focus. Congrats on your new ride.

SRT-4's fall apart after 50,000 miles, much like standard Neons.

TemjinX2 11-30-2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by katzenjammer84 (Post 4366498)
SRT-4's fall apart after 50,000 miles, much like standard Neons.

i think thats a over exaggeration, from what i heard the engine itself is built very well and can take a lot of boost stock. The problem lies with the interior which is crap...but in my opinion i would take the srt4 over the focus. Its a neon but at least i can say i'm fast..lol.

gearbox 11-30-2008 03:39 PM

yeah if you race it every day it will break lol.

TemjinX2 11-30-2008 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by KTciv_03 (Post 4366479)
15-18k depending onyear for a dc5? i dont know where you live but i picked up my 02 type s a couple weeks ago for less than 12k. 49k miles. never wrecked, garage kept. mugen body kit, borla exhaust ( straight pipe now) and aem cai. interior stock and clean as hell. bose sound system. ETC. happily run mid to high 14's with a stock motor and couldnt be happier. its a honda thing i guess.

yeah i agree. i even seen a couple of turbo rsx's on clubrsx for $16-20k

sl33pyriceboi 12-01-2008 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by lordhelmet (Post 4365887)
You'd totally do the DC5-s guy in the butt:moon:

hahahhahahahha :thistop:

Originally Posted by Derwood (Post 4366217)

hahah im just teasing you man. theres nothing wrong with a focus... but jetskies...that shit rocks.....its sad how some ppl will never even know the feeling of flying 60mph through the water, open air, their entire life

Killzone2142 12-01-2008 03:22 AM

nice find on the focus. i like them alot cuz its a not a domestic car. its actually designed and developed in europe. so technically its a euro car with lame american badging. look up the rs and youll fall in love and your focus will have some pretty good handling too

drunkenmagnum 12-01-2008 09:26 AM

congrats?

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 12-01-2008 11:04 AM

nice!!! :D