Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Function Form Type 2's on Page 5...Still working on the interior. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/311062-function-form-type-2s-page-5-still-working-interior.html)

K/Turbo 10-07-2008 04:39 PM

Function Form Type 2's on Page 5...Still working on the interior.

10 Attachment(s)
Hi fellow members, I am almost done converting my interior from tan to black. I'm just replacing panels instead of painting or dying them. I still have to install the dash and the door panels.

During the conversion I'm adding some extras. I'm having a custom bezel made to do a RSX Cluster Swap. I upgraded the radio, added a Revo Shifter with 07 shift knob and aluminum bushings. I also modified the boot to fit with the shift knob.

The wrecking yard also gave me the ex dashboard when I purchased the interior. I also purchased the power window regulators, power door locks and harnesses. I,m going to see if I can make this DX/VP have factory power door locks and power windows.

The guy that is making the bezel is still finishing the plug that you see in the pictures. He is going to make a mold off that plug so that more bezels can be made just in case I need one in the future. He is going to make me a black bezel and a carbon fiber bezel. I,m not sure which one I'm going to use yet.

Also a couple of months ago I added the 06 RBC Intake Manifold and my AC is finally working again.

TRIZ 10-07-2008 04:45 PM

Re: Almost Done w/ Tan to Black Interior Conversion.

Thats about the only dx that I'd ever want to drive. Nice job man! The conversion looks like its going great.

HonCiv02 10-07-2008 05:54 PM

car looks really good. nice work on the conversion and the swap! everything looks really good. i like the wheels too. what kind of numbers are you putting down?

gearbox 10-07-2008 06:15 PM

wow lookin good

filipinop1405 10-07-2008 08:06 PM

nice conversion and swap!!! i like them rims too!! i think i just found my winter rims!!

sethro 10-07-2008 08:10 PM

RSX gauges ???

manahoonie 10-07-2008 08:21 PM

:D and here i've been thinking of going out to the junk yards, just to poke around and see what's out there :D

looking good!

too bad i don't think sedans in the US came with black interiors, just the black over grey ones...make a USDM Civic RX2 :rofl:

nastasi980 10-07-2008 09:09 PM

nice car dude looks good what kind of wheels you got on there ?>

manahoonie 10-07-2008 09:37 PM

i believe they are HFP ones for us...

drunkenmagnum 10-08-2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by manahoonie (Post 4351260)
i believe they are HFP ones for us...

Yep, mine did. black dash, panels, etc. But the roof and sun visors are still grey.

TS- I love your car! great work. The mods you have done so far are very tasteful and it is just my style.

filipinop1405 10-08-2008 08:39 AM

^^ Look like HFP's to me too!

Albertross 10-09-2008 03:57 PM

How much are you paying for those interior panels? I've thought about doing that instead of painting my interior black (paint is starting to chip because I didn't put a clear coat on), but I thought the costs were much heftier than a few cans of vinyl paint.

K/Turbo 10-13-2008 07:55 PM

Thanks guys for the positive comments. The wheels are the upgraded OEM wheel for our 7thgens. They have Enkei stamped on the inner section of the wheel. They are great for winter. The wheels come in 16"x6.5" and I have them wrapped in some Falkins 615's 215/45 16.

K/Turbo 10-13-2008 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sethro (Post 4351235)
RSX gauges ???

Yes, they are 05-06 RSX Type-S gauges.

K/Turbo 10-13-2008 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Albertross (Post 4351694)
How much are you paying for those interior panels? I've thought about doing that instead of painting my interior black (paint is starting to chip because I didn't put a clear coat on), but I thought the costs were much heftier than a few cans of vinyl paint.

Most places seem to be selling the complete interior any where from $500-$1000 dollars. I paid $750 dollars for the complete interior. The Honda and Acura wrecking yard here in the Cali Sacramento area is really pricey. When It come to interior though you want to by it site on seen unless you really trust the wrecking yard that you're purchasing it from. If they send you some really scratched up panels or crappy seats or a bad dash the money saved could cost you more in the long run. The yard I bought my interior from allowed me to exchange parts that did not look good.

EBP02em2 10-13-2008 08:14 PM

Do you have any more exterior shots? Car looks really good!:tup:

K/Turbo 10-14-2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by EBP02em2 (Post 4352993)

Thanks! I don't have anymore pics of the interior...but I will post more when it's complete.

manahoonie 10-14-2008 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by EBP02em2 (Post 4352993)

Originally Posted by K/Turbo (Post 4353331)
Thanks! I don't have anymore pics of the interior...but I will post more when it's complete.

:hgrin:

exterior...interior....same difference!

sorry, just had to go :susp:

:sweet: for you doing the interior by panel-swapping!

K/Turbo 10-15-2008 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by manahoonie (Post 4353409)
:hgrin:

exterior...interior....same difference!

sorry, just had to go :susp:

:sweet: for you doing the interior by panel-swapping!

Opps my bad. Here are some more pics of the exterior.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...1&d=1172113845
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...9&d=1204178151
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...1&d=1224097427

filipinop1405 10-15-2008 02:51 PM

nice!! love the car!

02civicg5 10-15-2008 04:05 PM

car is absolutely gorgeous, mu fav car, unfortunately im stuck wit ssm but dont only think im not feelin is the cf hood.. i wouldve preferred clean wight look.. all in all shitz amazingly hott

eknibbler 10-15-2008 05:30 PM

Damn that is nice!

DeepBlueC 10-15-2008 10:33 PM

im doing the same conversion, just waiting on getting ALL the interior pieces before i start on the conversion. i made diagrams in photoshop of EVERY piece a person would need to complete the swap with checklists lol. im a loser. but yea, ANYONE WITH BLACK INTERIOR PARTS, HOLLERRRRRR. i need them. nao!

ps - if anyone wants to see the diagrams, reply and ill post em in the thread or somethin, idk.

tuningmycivic 10-15-2008 11:19 PM

i think i need to find me some of those HFP wheels.....

filipinop1405 10-16-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by DeepBlueC (Post 4353836)
im doing the same conversion, just waiting on getting ALL the interior pieces before i start on the conversion. i made diagrams in photoshop of EVERY piece a person would need to complete the swap with checklists lol. im a loser. but yea, ANYONE WITH BLACK INTERIOR PARTS, HOLLERRRRRR. i need them. nao!

ps - if anyone wants to see the diagrams, reply and ill post em in the thread or somethin, idk.

post please... just wanna see... thanks!

DaRk_MauL 10-16-2008 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by TRIZ (Post 4351162)
Thats about the only dx that I'd ever want to drive. Nice job man! The conversion looks like its going great.

that about the same thing i was thinking, nice job on all swap mods!!

DeepBlueC 10-16-2008 04:34 PM

color coded, the only way to go! lmao.

http://i37.tinypic.com/rkpwcx.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/11trigz.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ebgw2s.jpg

K/Turbo 10-21-2008 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for the positive comments...they are much appreciated! I just picked up the non CF bezel. My friend Dave is still working on the CF Bezel. Once the interior is complete I'm planning to continue with my HID Retro. I'm going to have Dave make some bezels to cover the TSX projectors in an OEM Civic Housing to make the retro look factory.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...7&d=1224646321

EBP02em2 10-22-2008 01:12 AM

Thanks for the exterior pics! Your car is very well put together! Btw, what are you dropped on?

filipinop1405 10-22-2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by K/Turbo (Post 4355808)
Thanks everyone for the positive comments...they are much appreciated! I just picked up the non CF bezel. My friend Dave is still working on the CF Bezel. Once the interior is complete I'm planning to continue with my HID Retro. I'm going to have Dave make some bezels to cover the TSX projectors in an OEM Civic Housing to make the retro look factory.

what cluster is that?? rsx-s??