Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   story of your civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/310353-story-your-civic.html)

sicma99ot 09-13-2008 01:35 AM

story of your civic

ok guys. id like to hear the story of your civic. why did you decide to get your car? what mods do you have? what mods are you planning on getting? how much you paid on it? how much you put into it? yada yada yada ect. basiclly lets hear about your history with your car.

thanks guys

doctor 09-13-2008 01:44 AM

Re: story of your civic

Got my 01 EX in September '01. Had been driving a '91 Volvo DL and was desperate to get a brand new car. I had no knowledge about cars in general at the time, and after watching F&F, I assumed a civic would be pretty fast. It was my first stick car, and it was loads faster then the Volvo, which I woudln't even bring over 70 mph for fear of something exploding.

Found this site almost right away and overall, spent about 7k, half of which was repairs from various accidents. Paid 16.5 and am now at 112k with a blown HG at 90k. I dont know why I havent gotten rid of this car. It not fast and not very popular among the Honda family, but its served me well and I plan to keep it indefinitely.

sl33pyriceboi 09-13-2008 03:23 AM

is anyone seriously really gonna read ur [or anyone who tells] story??? i mean....seriously?

but heres mine:

i totaled my accord. got a civic.

doctor 09-13-2008 04:49 AM

^^winnar story there

LT2004ever 09-13-2008 10:04 AM

yea most people have a thread about this already... i highly doubt people are gonna post their stories again.

Check some of my threads about Automatics, there are a few stories in there

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...into-auto.html

rednwhite04 09-13-2008 10:12 AM

I graduamakated highskool in 2004 and my daddy baught myne fore me. I pute biggar rims on it rite away. Then sumone told me a cold aire kitt wuld make it breethe beter so I baught one of them. Than I wanted to shift fasster aftar seeing fasst and furius so I got a short thro. I have cince also baught a lower strut brace, aluminam undardrive, DC headar, and 2.5 inch piping from thare back to a DC singal can with know cadillac convertar. I just ordared D2 koiloveurs. For bling I have got a vis carbun fibre invadar hood and rota gt3 wheels and wilwuud sixe pistun brakes with 10.5 or 11 inche rotars, I don't remembur witch. Tha car was 13,500 knew and I have abowt 3k in it and it now has 117k miles.

Eyger 09-13-2008 11:52 AM

Ha ha, we have an entire forum devoted to this topic in particular, it's called the honda civic member's rides forum.

Me? I bought a 7th gen, screwed with it for 3 years and now I have a car with no paint, stock wheels with no hubcaps, and no front bumper.... yay.

7th_gear 09-13-2008 03:57 PM

well i bought my 03 civic sport off an old lady for 8 G's and haven't had any time to upgrade at all, i had recently bought it signed up on this site. but Am signing it over to my brother in a little bit when i go to the military, and when i finish my training he is going to buy me a 05/06 civic si, I think im going to go with the 06 though, dunno really. either way, THAT will be the car i put money into.

jamis33 09-13-2008 10:03 PM

my dad buys and sells trucks. he picked up the 01 coupe on trade when he sold his 04 tundra back in january 06. I was still 15 at the time and i wanted to start moddin cars. I actually wanted to buy an eclipse spyder but my parents didnt think it was practical and since we already had the civic one day we decided to just start buyin aftermarket stuff for it and its been like crack ever since. Started with altezza tails and m3 mirrors lol. Then blackout lights. Some ICE. Wheels then bought a bodykit which i sold for a lipkit. Lipkit so much better. I picked up some tein flex coilovers and lowered er and did some more suspension work and exhaust intake blah blah blah then this year it was all about the yellow jdm fogs and rsx full seat conversion. Then car got vandalized so getting a complete repaint as i type this. 3tone silver with blacktop and gunmetal stripe cutting it in. Car will look similar to civicfreak03 going to be so sweet. Will post pics