Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   leak or no leak (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/306971-leak-no-leak.html)

mrbanhbao 04-24-2008 02:55 AM

leak or no leak

something retarded happen to my car today. i was driving home and there was constructions stuff around and i was talking to my friend and then i saw a iono fist size rock in the middle of the road and it was too late to brake and even if i did the car behind would hit me so i try to swerve around it but didnt work and i went over it pretty hard and i thought my car was going to fall apart it was like an earthquake, everything in my car shook and made weird noises. it was really BAD. i swear my front wheels was off the ground for a bit. my car is kinda really low. AFTERWARD i felt and notice that my car felt funny. im crusising 40mph and my rpm was only 1500. and 60mph and rpm was 4000rpm. acceleration was sluggish.

so the question is do i have a leak or someting in my exhaust ? are these signs of a leak. i drive automatic as well.

pheaton 04-24-2008 08:09 AM

Re: leak or no leak

Hrm. . wow. Couple things that come to mind:

Maybe you knocked a sensor or connection loose. Pop the hood and check your O2 sensor and air temp sensor, etc. Also inspect your spark plugs and make sure they are in good order.

It almost sounds like you're getting a missfire or something robbing your power. Another possible issue is timing.

I'm surprised you don't have a CEL..

baron340 04-24-2008 09:02 AM

alignment is prolly off, that can make your car feel pretty funny to drive. not so sure how it might affect the acceleration but if you hit a rock that bad i'd get it checked.

civicsrcool 04-24-2008 10:25 AM

maybe your exhaust got squished? im slammed and pretty much the same thing happened to me and it turned out my downpipe got squished from 2.5 to like a 1 inch oval lol. i heated up the metal and bent the downpipe back to close to normal shape and its fine now.

pheaton 04-24-2008 10:44 AM

Ohh yeah, pinched exhaust. That would do it, good call.

mrbanhbao 04-24-2008 02:46 PM

yeah thats wat i was thinking too. ill bring it to a muffler shop. i dont wanna bring it to dealership..they robb people. even when u have warranty

Ekonetics 04-24-2008 03:26 PM

Was this on first ave in Burien, cause that road sucks with the construction.

mrbanhbao 04-24-2008 11:38 PM

haha noo but i know what you're talking about. this was the backway under that new railing on 518 towards southcenter.

ex-cobalter 04-24-2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao (Post 4310562)
yeah thats wat i was thinking too. ill bring it to a muffler shop. i dont wanna bring it to dealership..they robb people. even when u have warranty

practically my experience with exhaust shops(in bold). that's why i quit.:roflmao:

mrbanhbao 04-25-2008 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by ex-cobalter (Post 4310704)
practically my experience with exhaust shops(in bold). that's why i quit.:roflmao:

huh? im not understanding that. but i think i should do some home maintenance before i bring it to the shop. like change the oil / tranny oil / sparks plug .

rice4lyfe 04-25-2008 10:44 AM

well, if anything, jack up the car and see if theres any damage. This way you can self-diagnose what the problem is, and see if you're correct when you bring it to the shop.

ex-cobalter 04-25-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao (Post 4310747)
huh? im not understanding that. but i think i should do some home maintenance before i bring it to the shop. like change the oil / tranny oil / sparks plug .

no matter who you go to, they will try and take as much money from you as possible. I worked in an exhaust shop, and that's all they tried to do

mrbanhbao 04-25-2008 12:30 PM

theres this shop by my house they said they will inspect it free, they only charge when they work on it. soo ima see how that goes.