Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Why no posts? What's everyone planning? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/306776-why-no-posts-whats-everyone-planning.html)

Eyger 04-18-2008 09:50 PM

Why no posts? What's everyone planning?

Just curious to see why there aren't really too many new posts? The member's rides forum is usually the most popular to my knowledge.

What is everyone's plans/projects their working on right now?

For me, it's complete exterior overhaul, paint, wheels, hood, trunk, headlights, tail lights, side view mirrors plastic trim etc... no dough, no go right right now.

How bout you?

sspem2 04-18-2008 09:59 PM

Re: Why no posts? What's everyone planning?

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4308835)
complete exterior overhaul, paint, and wheels no dough, no go right right now.

got the new lip kit in the garage waiting but no $$$$ for paint. then after i wanna sell my 18s volk gtn and get some 16s cpr or some kinda high end jdm wheels. then remove abs and relocate fuse box from engine. wiretuck ftw. no money to accomplish the goals ftl. just spent 2k on my suspension setup. broke as a joke

johnbt23 04-18-2008 10:06 PM

for me, im picking up some 17" ssr comps(only weigh 11 lbs each!!!) tomorrow. still deciding on what tire size and brand to get though. then im planning on getting jdm red h badges for the front and back. maybe a front lip and sideskirts but im still unsure about it. then i want to start working on the interior(new speakers front and rear, subs, shift boot, racing seats)

svtec 04-18-2008 10:20 PM

Well i got my lip kit here waiting for paint. i also got my spc camber kit and tokico blues.. all i need is some time to get everything together i will be posting pics as soon as i thing rolling!!

gearbox 04-18-2008 10:38 PM

lots of little crap as i have time and money. paint drums, touchup rust spots, clean up and paint my trunk floor, get bushings and end links put on, etc.

Eyger 04-18-2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by sspem2 (Post 4308838)
got the new lip kit in the garage waiting but no $$$$ for paint. then after i wanna sell my 18s volk gtn and get some 16s cpr or some kinda high end jdm wheels. then remove abs and relocate fuse box from engine. wiretuck ftw. no money to accomplish the goals ftl. just spent 2k on my suspension setup. broke as a joke

Tight, I think the CPR's would look nice. Wiretuck should be awesome too. I feel ya on the broke thing!

Eyger 04-18-2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by johnbt23 (Post 4308840)
for me, im picking up some 17" ssr comps(only weigh 11 lbs each!!!) tomorrow. still deciding on what tire size and brand to get though. then im planning on getting jdm red h badges for the front and back. maybe a front lip and sideskirts but im still unsure about it. then i want to start working on the interior(new speakers front and rear, subs, shift boot, racing seats)

Nice! SSR's are sweet action! Hm, red badges always a plus. Ya! I think having a sound system is one of the most fun things to have in a car. Sounds like you're headed the right direction.

Eyger 04-18-2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by svtec (Post 4308843)
Well i got my lip kit here waiting for paint. i also got my spc camber kit and tokico blues.. all i need is some time to get everything together i will be posting pics as soon as i thing rolling!!

Nice nice, yea can't wait to see em.

Eyger 04-18-2008 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4308846)
lots of little crap as i have time and money. paint drums, touchup rust spots, clean up and paint my trunk floor, get bushings and end links put on, etc.

Ya, I saw you going crazy with those HID's look great though! I think the little stuff is annoying too, but once you get it done it's a ton better.

ciVictoria 04-18-2008 10:49 PM

Repainting my car because of little scratches here and there (people hate to see a new paint job so they just end up keying your car). Last weekend I actually installed 4300K HIDs in my non-projector headlights its hella bright but maybe a retrofit is needed down the line. Planning to drop the car but I still have to do alot of reading on that.

Eyger 04-18-2008 10:58 PM

Freakin haters...they're just jealous because they've got rust and dents!

johnbt23 04-18-2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4308849)
Nice! SSR's are sweet action! Hm, red badges always a plus. Ya! I think having a sound system is one of the most fun things to have in a car. Sounds like you're headed the right direction.

yeah man, i cant wait to put the ssr's on. and about the sound system, u are totally right about it. i already have a nice headunit(pioneer avh-p6600dvd) but ive been too lazy(and poor for that matter) to get some new speakers and add a sub. but not this summer though!!! hopefully, i'll have everything in a couple weeks, and have everything finished by the summer :tup:

Eyger 04-18-2008 11:07 PM

^Cool. I think it's safe to say it's the single biggest thing I miss about my civic. Not having a sound system.

Envy 04-18-2008 11:12 PM

well i got the sound system (mostly) finished. just need to upgrade amp at my discretion. this summer im getting nuespeed sport + 16's. then maybe an HID kit and Im done =)

colourwolf 04-19-2008 12:09 AM

Just installed the AEM V2.

Going to black out the headlight and deciding if i should do smoked tail.

Getting a drop and probably exhaust after exams.

later this summer, if i make enough $$, lips kit / rims.

slowwhitecivic 04-19-2008 12:26 AM

wut im doing is tryin to save up money and stop spending on the car lol

pheaton 04-19-2008 12:31 AM

Rear Sway
Shifter Cable Bushings
Body Work
Shocks/Struts and Springs
Windows Tinted
05' Taillight Swap
New OEM Headlamps
16" Wheels/Tires
Gas shocks in the trunk
ICE needs some work
Trunk setup needs work
Axle Back
LED work inside
Oil Change
Intake Filter Cleaning
Fuel System Cleaning
Coolant change
New Radiator Cap
New Heater Hoses
And I have to see if I can drill out a bolt that broke off on the little gas/trunk lever.

Believe it or not I want this stuff done by the end of May. So I have a nice summer ride. Should be interesting because I'm now working Saturdays until memorial day.

Eyger 04-19-2008 12:35 AM

^ Ha ha, you've got a long list like mine!

Sounds like we've all got some plans!

spudz904 04-19-2008 02:07 AM

Just finished installing my sound system. It was worth the wait

I just waiting for may to get my stimulus check then get my grille painted and a drop

I need to retint too.....its starting to get hott again

HondaKorn 04-19-2008 06:43 AM

im gonna see if i caN trade my gram lights + cash for another wheel, install rear fog, install custom tein/jic coilovers......

minorc 04-19-2008 07:46 AM

Picking up a lip kit and new front bumper, debating on whether i should get a re-spray or a whole new paint job... after the winter you start to notice all sorts of little dents and dings, As well as a new header and possibly camshaft, but first things first... need the timing belt done.

sspem2 04-19-2008 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic (Post 4308869)
wut im doing is tryin to save up money and stop spending on the car lol

401k ftw :2pimp:

if i didnt have mine i wouldnt have any money saved. its a good way to save.

Eyger 04-19-2008 11:33 AM

Minorc, although more expensive I think you should get a full new paint job, either you can change the color, or just get it re-done because it'll keep it newer and hold the resale value.

gomorig 04-19-2008 11:48 AM

savin a little and ordering my rims in about 2 weeks. 17" motegi DV5's wrapped in yokohama's. probably some tint as well. maybe sway bars. and then other stuff for power down the line/unforseable future ha.

xcrxss 04-19-2008 02:05 PM

Sold my baby, bought my new pride and joy..'08 Si FG2 :rofl:

Mr_Plenty 04-19-2008 07:27 PM

struts/springs camber kit
6.5's 6x9's
front/rear strut bars
strut king pedals
shifter base bushings
front lip needs to paint
side skirts

^^^^^^^^^all need to be installed

gearbox 04-19-2008 07:30 PM

heres my list so far... already got a ton of stuff done so its looking good for the car show in a couple weeks!

***paint rear drums asap
rotate tires at 47k miles
install hood lamp fuse
fix front windshield chips
clean and paint trunk floor
respray rear undercoating
clean and touch-up rust spot above taillight and above exhaust cutout
change tranny fluid
find and fix trunk leaks
clean engine bay and paint brackets black or silver

jamis33 04-20-2008 01:21 PM

no dough no go is the story of my life. Im actually waitin to get more money for paint also. Well actually i have all the paint supplies bought just waiting to get a bit more money to pay my painter. And waitin for him to be less busy cant wait to post pics of my car after my lip kit gets painted and i get my cf hood fixed.

Eyger 04-20-2008 01:38 PM

Yea paint is a bitch... I'm saving up right now, I have 60 cents so far....

Good news is, I got a coupon for 15% off my next order from alsacorp.com

jamis33 04-22-2008 06:16 PM

ya paint really is but i think im doin okay because a guy i know is a pro painter and he has a garage that he can paint most little stuff in. So far i have my rear lip done and getting front lip done soon. Then i'll finally get to put my complete lip kit on. I can't wait. And I just picked up a cf hood last week so we're hopefully going to sand that down and fix everything in it before we reclear it and it looks like new. Hows ur project comin along eyger?