Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   cold intake? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/305505-cold-intake.html)

mrbanhbao 03-14-2008 02:19 PM

cold intake?

quick question. would a CAI work with an automatic. my friend, she wants to put an intake for the hell of it on her 7th gen.

cinaibur 03-14-2008 02:20 PM

Re: cold intake?

yeah

mrbanhbao 03-14-2008 02:33 PM

oh i see would the install be normal. meaning no extra precaution or prep? which would u recommend CAI or V2?

bluecivic_19 03-14-2008 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao (Post 4297344)
oh i see would the install be normal. meaning no extra precaution or prep? which would u recommend CAI or V2?

get a fujita cai or injen cai, V2 is just a waste of money

2005EM2 03-14-2008 02:51 PM

I'd say get the V2 just because you won't have to worry about hydrolocking or spending a few more to get the piece (bypass valve) to prevent water sucking into your motor.

mrbanhbao 03-14-2008 02:55 PM

2005EM2 I just gotta agree with ya. i live in seattle. RAIN LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW here. so thats a good idea. performance wise they're both the same huh?

2005EM2 03-14-2008 03:05 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I believe a while back on AEM's webpage, they did a test between the V2 and the CAI.
The result: V2 was slightly better, but if you ask me, it ain't worth the money, unless you are doing some major NA build up, especially on our little motors.

CivicHatch9one 03-14-2008 03:20 PM

if she wants an intake just to sound cool. just ****in ebay it. no use spending 200+ for a girl to get some intake sound (no hp gains) so save yourself some money and go ebay. for 20 bucks. and get a short ram so you dont have to worry about sucking up water. problem solved.

Lord ET 03-14-2008 03:21 PM

^^^
agreed

mrbanhbao 03-14-2008 03:22 PM

hahah you ^^ got a point there.

CivicHatch9one 03-14-2008 03:27 PM

:D glad i could help.

Kevbotron 03-14-2008 03:28 PM

yeah get an SRI I don't even think CAI's fit due to our ginormous tranny.. plus you wont worry about hydro lock. I have an SRI and I've forded some good flooded roads, AND my civic's lowered!

2005EM2 03-14-2008 03:32 PM

:clap: CivicHatch9one

bluecivic_19 03-15-2008 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao (Post 4297353)
2005EM2 I just gotta agree with ya. i live in seattle. RAIN LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW here. so thats a good idea. performance wise they're both the same huh?

i live in vancouver, and i got a fujita cai, it wont suck water at all unless u got like a foot of water. it goes right underneath the battery and the front bumper and the plastic shit it has underneath makes it impossible to suck water

mrbanhbao 03-15-2008 05:24 AM

haha yea i seee. man the plastic covers at the bottom of my front bumper is all scratched up from scraping or something.

CivicHatch9one 03-15-2008 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by bluecivic_19 (Post 4297583)
i live in vancouver, and i got a fujita cai, it wont suck water at all unless u got like a foot of water. it goes right underneath the battery and the front bumper and the plastic shit it has underneath makes it impossible to suck water

you just got lucky.

i had a sri on my 7thgen and i went through what i thought was a small puddle. and i mean it wasnnt under my door but even with the plastic there i sucked in water. but you got to remember if your in that situation DO NOT STOP floor it. hopefully it was only a little. and keep flooring it. your car will sputter and not want to go but you gotta blow all that shit out the back. then your car will be fine. if it did not hydrolock

Honda05 03-15-2008 11:42 AM

I would go with the fujita..I think the V2 is a waste of money but thats just me..I have the fujita on my car and i havent had any problems with hydrolock..Plus i have a body kit so i dont have that plastic peice underneath it and i havent had any problems..Its sounds good to

bluecivic_19 03-15-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Honda05 (Post 4297628)
I would go with the fujita..I think the V2 is a waste of money but thats just me..I have the fujita on my car and i havent had any problems with hydrolock..Plus i have a body kit so i dont have that plastic peice underneath it and i havent had any problems..Its sounds good to

yea fujita is a great buy and it has a great sound. short ram is crap its "hot air intake" it sits in the engine bay where all the heat is and i think it looks kinda silly having this big ass filter floating on top of ur engine bay, but thats just me.

bluecivic_19 03-15-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao (Post 4297585)
haha yea i seee. man the plastic covers at the bottom of my front bumper is all scratched up from scraping or something.

yea mine is too, i poped off my bumper the other to check on my intake filter and it was clean ass **** as if it were brand new and ive have this intake for like 4 months. driven it in the rain and snow.

Honda05 03-15-2008 06:57 PM

Defintly get the Fujita though

mrtrinh 03-15-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by bluecivic_19 (Post 4297748)
yea fujita is a great buy and it has a great sound. short ram is crap its "hot air intake" it sits in the engine bay where all the heat is and i think it looks kinda silly having this big ass filter floating on top of ur engine bay, but thats just me.

did you not read earlier that he lives in seattle... it rains a lot there and getting a cold air might not be a good idea.

CivicHatch9one 03-15-2008 11:18 PM

and didnt we agree for a girl. ebay is the way to go. she dont give a shit.

mrbanhbao 03-16-2008 04:33 AM

haha yeah. both are right. ill just show her the one from ebay. hehe.

DsevenEm2 03-16-2008 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by bluecivic_19 (Post 4297748)

you know.. essentially the "cold air intake piping" gets warm under your engine bay also.. and the air that you pick up from the ground.. isnt all that much better, since it goes through the "hot air piping" eventually anyways.. they both will yield about the same hp results through our motors. sorry.

bluecivic_19 03-16-2008 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrtrinh (Post 4297761)
did you not read earlier that he lives in seattle... it rains a lot there and getting a cold air might not be a good idea.

ya i did, and do u read, did u see my other comment i live in vancouver smart ass

bluecivic_19 03-16-2008 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2 (Post 4297887)
you know.. essentially the "cold air intake piping" gets warm under your engine bay also.. and the air that you pick up from the ground.. isnt all that much better, since it goes through the "hot air piping" eventually anyways.. they both will yield about the same hp results through our motors. sorry.

um no it doesnt, ive touched my intake piping plenty of times during and after just being on. and its cold as ice. the hot air isnt gonna heat up the piping. and i no there isnt a big difference in hp gain maybe 1 hp more. but colder air the better