Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Some current pics-check em out-VIDEO ADDED 1st Post (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/303354-some-current-pics-check-em-out-video-added-1st-post.html)

speedfoos 01-24-2008 01:18 PM

Re: Some current pics-check em out-VIDEO ADDED 1st Post

Yeah, it can be a booger because I know I had to cut both hoses and make new brackets so it would fit properly. Looks nice though and seems to keep things cool. But you're right, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

drunkenmagnum 01-24-2008 02:34 PM

before i pulled my engine (yes the cats out of the bag, im building mine too now) it engine would get warm on long trips or after boosting hard. just wondering if a new radiator would be worth it in order to keep things cool. but nearly $400 for that thing seems a bit steep

andyman97 01-24-2008 02:56 PM

If your setup is done right, your stock radiator should work just fine.

drunkenmagnum 01-24-2008 03:16 PM

what about a block gaurd? i have heard you do and dont need it. going to run 16psi. should i get it?

Boilermaker1 01-24-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4281783)
Meh, I don't think it'll make that big a difference, to be honest. Besides, Justin has had a bitch of a time with fitment on his, no thanks.

With the radiator??? It dropped right in. You just gotta take out the crash bar and AC condenser to get it in there, its too fat to come out the top like the stocker does. I had a bitch of a time getting the downpipe in... thats a whole nother story.

drunkenmagnum 01-24-2008 03:23 PM

well i will see if heats an issue before i drop $400 on it

drunkenmagnum 01-24-2008 03:24 PM

but the block gaurd?

drunkenmagnum 01-25-2008 09:17 AM

bump for thread jack question

andyman97 01-25-2008 09:58 AM

I wouldn't bother with a block guard. I've never had problems with stock sleeves.

andyman97 01-31-2008 06:40 AM

Some updates:
The passenger seat is in.
The Pioneer AVIC D3 with iPod and Bluetooth is now in.
Center console is back to black with a skunk2 5spd shift knob on the way.
The car goes in the body shop Monday for a new radiator support, so by the end of next week, the front end will line up perfectly.
Within the next 2 weeks I will be ordering my cf hood and cf front lip and having both front and rear bumpers replaced and repainted.
Meanwhile, I will be installing the new lsd in the new tranny and prepping to swap the motor and tranny.
Once I've done that, I will focus on rear disc conversion, axles, new ball joints and tie rod ends while I'm breaking in the new motor.
After that, it goes to Jeff Evans for a fresh, new tune.
Stay tuned.

filipinop1405 01-31-2008 06:47 AM

hey andy what intercooler are u running? sounds like everything is going good...

andyman97 01-31-2008 07:09 AM

Its a one off, custom fab. I may consider stepping it up at some point...we'll see.

filipinop1405 01-31-2008 09:37 AM

oh ok... i'm trying to see what would fit behind our oem bumpers without much modification but still does the job!!!

tuningmycivic 01-31-2008 09:43 AM

the dezod one should fit just fine....but you may have to trim a bit on the passenger side. i had to cut the lower grill out of mine for it to clear the SF one i have, but i think that is gonna be a problem across the board. Honda didn't leave much room under the front bumper support...

andyman97 01-31-2008 09:48 AM

Mine is fairly large and I still have room to work if I decide to go a little bigger. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can make almost anything work.

Boilermaker1 01-31-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by filipinop1405 (Post 4283566)
oh ok... i'm trying to see what would fit behind our oem bumpers without much modification but still does the job!!!

Anything shorter than 7.5" clears the crash bar and stays inside the bottom of the bumper. If you go 3" thick, you may have to do some trimming to the lower grill work.

andyman97 02-05-2008 02:59 PM

Car is in the shop. New radiator support is being welded in. Seibon OEM CF Hood and Seibon CF WW G5 front lip on order, should be here mid next week.

speedfoos 02-05-2008 03:38 PM

Good stuff Andy. Been thinking about ditching my stock raddy support and welding a tubular one in myself. I'd have a lot more clearance with that big GT30 in there, that's for sure! When does the LSD go in again?

Oh and I picked up a Bob's Crower rods. No more bitch boost!

andyman97 02-05-2008 04:40 PM

Never, seems like, lol. I dono man, I've been lazy, I don't have the oomph to get in the garage. Soon, I figured I'd get into the tranny this weekend and see what I'm dealing with exactly.

andyman97 02-06-2008 09:14 AM

Called the shop this morning and told them to go ahead and pick up a new bumper and paint it. Car will look near brand new when it rolls out of the shop, I can't ****in' wait!