Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   KANJO racers ; jdm insider (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/302195-kanjo-racers-jdm-insider.html)

mrbanhbao 11-20-2007 04:50 AM

KANJO racers ; jdm insider

man these jap guys are bad ass. haha check it out guys. their cars are simple but they drive like DAMN!!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbxYC...eature=related

Valdeezy 11-20-2007 11:14 AM

Re: KANJO racers ; jdm insider

yeah they drive like a bunch of idiots. There is a reason why that guys car was dented. Thats a good way to get urself killed as well as others!!

Da1lyDr1ver 11-20-2007 11:34 AM

i'm sorry to say, but theres a difference between good driving and being lucky at reckless driving.

like Valdeezy said, those guys drive like retards. take that shit to the track.

mrtrinh 11-20-2007 12:44 PM

this is an old video... if you like vids like this you should check out team top end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNkS9gbeYb8

HonCiv02 11-20-2007 01:28 PM

i dont know how i feel about the video. it was definitely amazing that nobody was killed. they should really consider moving those crazy antics to the track; its one thing to hurt yourself, it is a completely different situation when you are risking the lives of everyone else.

LT2004ever 11-20-2007 06:08 PM

yea they do that just for the adrenaline rush... but still i see nothing cool about that.

Over here its called being a reckless ricer... :/ :

DsevenEm2 11-20-2007 07:09 PM

yea you guys are forgetting that those roads arnt in america.. where people are 100x more likley to be killed for driving that way.. how many non-racers in that vid did you see swerve away drastically becuz a fartcan went screaming by there window.. how many of those people jumped in front of one of the racers and the racer had to slam his brakes...

people cant drive worth a shit here... racing the kanjo for over 20 years.. im sure most people on that highway are aware of what goes on every now and then and know not to drive like shit and cause accidents as well..

junior h.m 11-20-2007 10:19 PM

see people need to recognize the difference between real tuners (not saying im the best at it) and the difference between buying a civic and automatically saying your a tuner,, im not saying all of you do that but, they obviousl know what their doing IMO. like DsevenEm2 said im sure most people on that highway are aware of what goes on ... (20 years plus)....people here like the people above Dseven are used to the driving here, but if the u.s had the liberty of doing that i guarantee the majority of the people here would do it.....i dont condone to street racing but I DO IT. not safe but my team tries to be safe at all times we know what we do we seen people get killed so we obviously try to be safe,,,,,real racing junkies would know what i mean..its not the adrenaline they get its the passion they have and the enthusiasm into it..............like for example me- i tottaled my o3 em2 back in august, but hey im backin a car tuning and still street racing.im not dumb and do it every day on normal daily driving, but i wait friday and saturday and do it, not saying iits any safer but i do it... point is (jus incase you didnt get it) THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING THEIR CARS ARE OBVIOSL LIKE THAT CAUSE THERE NOT WORRIED BOUT LOOKS , THEY RACE...THEY LOOK LIKE RICERS for gods sake lol

Da1lyDr1ver 11-20-2007 10:31 PM

^^^ you have no point. you're saying its ok to do the wrong thing, but only sometimes (friday and saturday nights according to you).

i dont want to seem like i'm standing on my soapbox, but theres a difference between being a 'tuner' (in your words), and driving like an ******* on public roads. so what if no incidents happened in that video causing an accident, but does that mean because its been going on for 20 years automatically make it ok to do that?

i'm sure your tune will change if some jackass like that hit your mom's car. but, hey its ok as long as its friday or saturday right?

i get my adrenaline fix at the track road racing. i guarantee if those fools actually took their car to a track, they'd be lapped senseless.

kasimmmmm 11-20-2007 11:13 PM

fawk thats a lot of rice and they do drive like idiots. If I saw someone drive like that I'd walk up to the car and shove a baseball bat in his windshield. They drive like they're 16 years old! fags.

cinaibur 11-20-2007 11:28 PM

I'm just all the ricers here don't have cars like that. Or we would have a real problem on our hands. Street racing on public roads in traffic is just plain dumb. No question about it. Around here, everyone goes to a two lane road that is dead flat and like a mile and a half long. (which gets closed in on both sides) not saying it's safe, but at least they aren't putting anyone at risk but themselves.

PS- I DONT street race. So don't flame me.

SEN_ONE 11-21-2007 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by junior h.m (Post 4264927)
i dont condone to street racing but I DO IT. not safe but my team tries to be safe at all times we know what we do we seen people get killed so we obviously try to be safe

You said it all right there, you try to be safe. If you want to race in the streets your safety wouldn't be my concern, it's the other people on the road. If you race you know your safety is up in the air, but it's when you decide to put others in harms way that are just driving along minding their own business. A few months ago some local guys were racing down the road when one of them crossed over into oncoming traffic, and killed a girl just driving down the road. The guy racing walked away. It's not up to anyone else to decide to put other people in harms way.

civiccontend34 11-21-2007 02:16 AM

i agree these guys are idiots, but i havnt ever seen anyone in my time on the road going like that. Sure people weave in traffic but 90% of those cuts they made i didnt think was even possible, and iunno how they see those lines so far in advacne without worrying SOMEONE might change a lane and **** up there line. anyways not that i am FOR street racing but im sure everyone has tried once in a while, and can say there is absolutely no such comparison of the adrenaline rush on the street and on the track so i do it for fun once in awhile if i feel the environment is ok.

mrbanhbao 11-21-2007 02:43 AM

yea i can see wat you guys mean by how dangerous that shit is. but hey do u guys really think they look really ricey? i think its not ricy one bit compared to the one i see in the U.S. but japanese people do have some different style in everything.

LT2004ever 11-21-2007 03:11 AM

Just cause its been going oni for 20 years or so, doesn't justify it in the least bit. Just cause the people are used to it, still doesnt justify it, and just cause they dont care how their car looks doesnt mean that it still isnt rice in my eyes... Someone can come on this forum or any other forum and say they have a 98 hatch, with a off brand strut bar, a short ram intake, HID's, and 3" piping all the way back to a 4" exhaust tip, and then if they say every once in a while they go out with alot of their buddies on a busy highway they drive all the time, and swerve in and out of traffic, chase cops, and do whatever, you wanna know whats the first thing someone will say... and i quote "RICE" instantly then everyone will get on their case about how they are endangering lives and what not. So just putting a stamp of "KANJO" doesn't make it any different guys. Over here its still considered rice (except for that one girls car with the spoon engine) and its also extremely reckless! geeze... i mean even the vid shows all the dents, and crap where they have hit something (probably one of those people who have been driving that route for 20+ years of their life, and know these guys zip in and out of them)

DRKRacr 12-30-2010 12:43 AM

i really don't see how these guys would be considered RICE, as you call it. It seems like the typical American to hand out the word RICE like its halloween candy. (If anything ricers first started in the U.S. where we have either JDM Fanboys that put stickers on their cars, or just the common Geo Metro with AutoZone scoops)

I don't at any point see 5inch mufflers, whale penis intakes, all to d15 sohc, and not to mention do i see half primered exteriors.
These kanjo guys, apparently, have been racing on this highway for 20+ years. Im sure thay would know what engine specs they need to be running to do their little stunts successfully. With that said it doesnt seem neccesarry to tune/upgrade their engines beyond that (probably 180 to mid 200hp). Its just funny that from some "AMERICANS" viewpoint that anything with visuals like that better have 350hp+.

I would think that their would be less ricers in japan, nonetheless ENTIRE crews of them imo.

thats just my 2cent, but hey i don't know anything