Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   my build thread - sspem2 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/301527-my-build-thread-sspem2.html)

k20EX 11-28-2007 08:28 AM

Re: 02 em2 w/ k20, bride, takata, volk, arc, mugen = game over

Yes, that ^^ .....could you let me know what the part number for the front CUSCO strut bar is?? and did it fit without any modifications?? Thanks!

boxcarracer 11-28-2007 08:56 AM

motha ****a

k20EX 11-30-2007 07:10 PM

could you let me know what the part number for the front CUSCO strut bar is?? and did it fit without any modifications?? Thanks!

mickeycivic04 11-30-2007 09:36 PM

nice ride.. im jealous..jk..

I my Honda

andyman97 05-05-2008 12:57 PM

I just dug this up to check out all of your mods and see how it looked complete. Did you pay a shop to do all of the work for you or did you actually do the swap yourself? I'm assuming it was probably the shop....?

I know you were being sarcastic but a ride for a 200 whp car? For real? Like it's a fast car or something..... Not to take away from thunder but you may see 13's at the track out of it.... That's decent for just a swap and bolt ons but by no stretch would I say fast enough to even joke about charging for rides, lol.

Nevertheless, there are unique things about it and some are original so I have to give props on the end result but I can't respect someone who pays a shop to have everything done the same way as someone who puts in the work themselves and really knows the ins and outs of their engines. One question, why no rear disc swap? I would have done that before alot of the things you'd done and it's such a worthwhile upgrade, too.

Anyways, I'm sure the car is fun to drive, enjoy it.

civicsrcool 05-05-2008 01:56 PM

^^ i agree with andy but i think to an extent your just hating lol. im sure if you were ballin like him you wouldnt wanna waste time on doing everything yourself! us people on a budget do everything ourself cuz its cheaper. also for the simple fact that you revived the thread just to say that you dont respect him as much as others supports the hate factor lol.

but anyways... NICE RIDE :) i think for all that stuff done to your car you would need a brake upgrade. bigger rotors up front and a rear disc. maybe a supercharger! :D

andyman97 05-05-2008 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by civicsrcool (Post 4313525)
^^ i agree with andy but i think to an extent your just hating lol. im sure if you were ballin like him you wouldnt wanna waste time on doing everything yourself! us people on a budget do everything ourself cuz its cheaper. also for the simple fact that you revived the thread just to say that you dont respect him as much as others supports the hate factor lol.

but anyways... NICE RIDE :) i think for all that stuff done to your car you would need a brake upgrade. bigger rotors up front and a rear disc. maybe a supercharger! :D

I didn't dredge anything up to hate. I looked at the ROTM thread and was browsing the mod list. I wanted to see more pics and the complete product and those were my thoughts on it. I didn't say that he paid to have everything done or that I didn't respect him. I made a simple statement that someone who does their own work deserves more respect than someone who doesn't. Plain and simple.

If I were ballin? Have you got any clue how much money is in my car? It costs what, about 5k to do a k20 swap? I've got so much more money in my engine than that, it's not even funny. Look at the numbers, man, you think it's cheap to get there, even doing your own work? Maybe you should check out my mod list before you open your mouth. Really the only thing I don't have is a custom paint job, but I have no desire for one, if I did, I would have one.

civicsrcool 05-05-2008 02:56 PM

^^ i could really care less about whats in or out of your car. i know whats in your car and what numbers your putting down as i have seen many threads about your car. as far as i see it, your thinking is: the more money in my car, the 'cooler' i am than you. just because you have a pretty penny in your car doesnt mean you can open your mouth and talk down on people (referring to myself). to many your car is the god of all 7th gens and thats cool. you having put a ridiculous amount of money into your car and me being a poor college boy workin 8/hr doesnt put you on a different level than me. as a car enthusiast yes, as a person no. so dont be telling me to watch my mouth.

and in the end; your a 28 year old dude talking down on a little 19 year old college boy lol. [me]

andyman97 05-05-2008 05:10 PM

WTF are you talking about? Talking down to who? Re-read what you said to me, then what I said to you. You're clueless. I'm done.

Envy 05-05-2008 07:52 PM

andy im thinkin his k-swap probably costed him along the lines of 12k.....especially considering his airbox alone costed like $750

miami_em2 05-05-2008 08:18 PM

I get what andyman is saying. I take pride in everything I put into my car. I've done everything except the interior (I did install it back into the car though)...lol. sspem2 has the money to do the swap and thats cool. That's the way he wants to do his car. I think this has just gotten out of hand. Just leave it at that. Each has their own opinions on anything.

Unevolved 05-05-2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by civicsrcool (Post 4313545)
and in the end; your a 28 year old dude talking down on a little 19 year old college boy lol. [me]

and in the end; you give little 19 year old college boys [me] a bad rap. You have no idea what you're talking about, and you make no sense. Just sit down.

But I think I get what Andy's trying to say. If you peel back the brand names and the flashy paint, there's really nothing that out of the ordinary, if you consider a K-swapped EM2 ordinary. It's kind of like a Sorority girl with Gucci sunglasses, North Face black fleece jacket, v-neck white tee and Polo hat getting into a 3-series. If it weren't for the names associated with it, she'd be nothing but a normal girl. An abnormally hot girl, since we're talking about a K-swap here, but you get what I'm trying to say.

And if you think people only work on their cars themselves because they can't afford to pay someone else to, you really don't get this whole gearhead thing.

miami_em2 05-05-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Unevolved (Post 4313622)
It's kind of like a Sorority girl with Gucci sunglasses, North Face black fleece jacket, v-neck white tee and Polo hat getting into a 3-series.

lol^^^...Nice way of putting it

HonCiv02 05-05-2008 10:32 PM

unevolved - for some reason you make more sense than a lot of the people on this site; your analogy rocks! :D

Unevolved 05-05-2008 11:29 PM

Ha thanks man.

andyman97 05-06-2008 06:53 AM

Yeah, thanks, Evolved. Let me see if I can clarify myself a little bit better....

Look at the rsx community. Is a stock rsx with kpro and bolt ons spectacular? Nope, go to club rsx and post that setup and see how impressed the community is....

Swapping that engine deserves props, it's a fair amount of work & money to do. You have to understand that without having done the work, you can’t take credit for it.

I view things differently. Being 19 with a stock or mildly modded em2 doesn't mean I'm better than you or that’s what I think, but understand, I've been working on my car since you were 12 years old. Not to be funny or an ass, it's the truth.

I've put 7 years of work to get where I am and I can say that almost every bit of work was done by me. Do you remember everyone saying ‘you can't make any power on the d17’? Or ‘you can't make 300 whp on a set of stock sleeves’? I've been defying haters since, maybe you should rethink who the hater is, pal.

That's why I take a different view. I have tested almost every limitation of this engine/transmission and pushed it farther than anyone. I've pioneered so many things and am proud of what I've learned and accomplished. It isn't just about money, that has nothing to do with it. I was broke when I first boosted my car but I really wanted it, and made it happen. Nothing wrong with not having money, you do what you can.

I’ve also contributed lots to this site. What have you contributed, other than ignorant comments, and, ‘oooh your ride is so hawt!’?

I really think you’re a little immature and naive to have any clue of what I’m talking about, that’s probably why everyone’s telling you to STFU, which I’d say is probably good advice cuz you look like a real *******, lol.

robbclark1 05-06-2008 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313726)
Yeah, thanks, Evolved. Let me see if I can clarify myself a little bit better....

Look at the rsx community. Is a stock rsx with kpro and bolt ons spectacular? Nope, go to club rsx and post that setup and see how impressed the community is....

Swapping that engine deserves props, it's a fair amount of work & money to do. You have to understand that without having done the work, you can’t take credit for it.

I view things differently. Being 19 with a stock or mildly modded em2 doesn't mean I'm better than you or that’s what I think, but understand, I've been working on my car since you were 12 years old. Not to be funny or an ass, it's the truth.

I've put 7 years of work to get where I am and I can say that almost every bit of work was done by me. Do you remember everyone saying ‘you can't make any power on the d17’? Or ‘you can't make 300 whp on a set of stock sleeves’? I've been defying haters since, maybe you should rethink who the hater is, pal.

That's why I take a different view. I have tested almost every limitation of this engine/transmission and pushed it farther than anyone. I've pioneered so many things and am proud of what I've learned and accomplished. It isn't just about money, that has nothing to do with it. I was broke when I first boosted my car but I really wanted it, and made it happen. Nothing wrong with not having money, you do what you can.

I’ve also contributed lots to this site. What have you contributed, other than ignorant comments, and, ‘oooh your ride is so hawt!’?

I really think you’re a little immature and naive to have any clue of what I’m talking about, that’s probably why everyone’s telling you to STFU, which I’d say is probably good advice cuz you look like a real *******, lol.

That's not how your first post came off. It came off like "I did the work on my car and this guy paid someone to put his engine in. Therefore, my car is better than his." That is why civicsrcool interpreted your post as hating on the guy. If you posted this post the first time, then there would be no discussion; however, the first post did seem like you were hatin on him and indirectly saying that your car was better because you did most of the work on it. The post came off very sarcastic and condescending.

Everyone just needs to redefine the way they post their opinions. Everyone gets on here and says ignorant comments rather than giving constructive feedback. Not singling anyone out, it's just the way things are across all forums. But hey, we don't live in a perfect world.

sspem2 05-06-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313503)
I just dug this up to check out all of your mods and see how it looked complete. Did you pay a shop to do all of the work for you or did you actually do the swap yourself? I'm assuming it was probably the shop....?

I know you were being sarcastic but a ride for a 200 whp car? For real? Like it's a fast car or something..... Not to take away from thunder but you may see 13's at the track out of it.... That's decent for just a swap and bolt ons but by no stretch would I say fast enough to even joke about charging for rides, lol.

Nevertheless, there are unique things about it and some are original so I have to give props on the end result but I can't respect someone who pays a shop to have everything done the same way as someone who puts in the work themselves and really knows the ins and outs of their engines. One question, why no rear disc swap? I would have done that before alot of the things you'd done and it's such a worthwhile upgrade, too.

let me put it out first. NO SHOP EVER TOUCHED MY CAR BUT THE BODY WORK. ive installed everything on this car down to the suspension even to the motor. me and a friend did it. thank you but nice try. whats the fun of paying someone to do it to build ur car? its more fun getting dirty with friends and drinkin beers. :sweet:

heres my build thread
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28580

everything on that mod list me and friends installed
http://hincity.com/cars/profile.asp?...4N7O3DR05G7CS2

im on a budget like everybody else plus i cant pay people to touch my car plus u cant trust anybody these days. only people i trust is me and my boy david.

chkolny 05-06-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by sspem2 (Post 4313883)
let me put it out first. NO SHOP EVER TOUCHED MY CAR BUT THE BODY WORK. ive installed everything on this car down to the suspension even to the motor. me and a friend did it. thank you but nice try. whats the fun of paying someone to do it to build ur car? its more fun getting dirty with friends and drinkin beers. :sweet:

heres my build thread

im on a budget like everybody else but i cant pay people to touch my car plus u cant trust anybody these days. only people i trust is me and my boy david.

omg epic ownage, props to you for for DIYing, i do think you get more out of your car when you DIY,. I dont see why you should have to make a point of jumping to conclusions about sspem, and even if he did get a shop to do it, so what? if he has a fatter wallet than you he can choose how to spend it.

sspem2 05-06-2008 08:50 PM

heres my latest parts I DID and a friend.

and yes thats me in the pics :p
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42545

i mite not be the greatest mechanic and know everything but i know my where around cars especially the 7thgen.

and me taking out the fpr and changed it to all black fittings done by yours truly. :sweet:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...k/IMG_0612.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...k/IMG_0611.jpg

abs and fuse box and heater core will be deleted from the engine bay real soon
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...k/IMG_0613.jpg

andyman97 05-06-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by sspem2 (Post 4313883)

heres my build thread

im on a budget like everybody else but i cant pay people to touch my car plus u cant trust anybody these days. only people i trust is me and my boy david.

Lol, what try? I asked a question, I didn't assume, just guessed based on my experiences. I agree, it isn't just the fun of wrenching and pride that comes with it but actually having a clue of what is going on.

It's nice to see that someone with a show car and a swap with an em2 has put the wrench time in, props for that. It's an assumption that's easy to make. It's just typical that most people who go the show route aren't very mechanically inclined.

It tends to be a trend, especially in the 7th gen community that people either a) go the show route and do what they have to do to get a good score out of the engine bay, usually by paying to have boost or a swap done or b) go all out for power, drag race, and put in the wrench time and actually know what's going on under the hood. It's actually refreshing and rare. Good job on the swap.

Any plans to take the performance a step further?

andyman97 05-06-2008 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by chkolny (Post 4313920)
omg epic ownage, props to you for for DIYing, i do think you get more out of your car when you DIY,. I dont see why you should have to make a point of jumping to conclusions about sspem, and even if he did get a shop to do it, so what? if he has a fatter wallet than you he can choose how to spend it.

WTF are you talking about? Who jumped to conclusions? I asked a question and made a guess. Getting a shop to do it vs. doing it yourself, see previous posts on the difference. What does having a fatter wallet than someone else have to do with anything? I made a statement about deserving more respect for doing something yourself than paying someone else, deal with it.

^ I actually did the all black fuel lines and hose ends as well. Uber stealth and a nice mod, you don't see it very often. Too many people have too much ss bling under the hoods. It's nice to see something different.

sspem2 05-06-2008 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313933)

i either wanna do a full race kit or do just a mild n/a build. cams, valvetrain, etc. i need other things first before i get to that like a new paint job and wheels. got a house mortage now so $$$$ is tight so nothing happening for awhile. :tdown: im just enjoying the power i have now. wayyyyyyyyy better than this POS. :lol:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../DSC01165c.jpg

andyman97 05-06-2008 09:33 PM

I'm sure if you've looked into n/a builds, a k24 bottom end is the way to go. You can pull 11's on a semi-aggressive build, that's just nasty. But it's so stupid expensive. Before I decided to keep going on the d17, I weighed the options between an n/a setup with k swap or furthering the boost to get the d17 to 11's. d17 was way too much more cost effective, it would have costed so much for the k swap and an n/a build to get the same numbers, it just wasn't worth it. Plus, nobody has pulled 12's, let alone 11's out of a d17.

I'd love to see a nice full race setup on your engine, they're so nice and it's so easy to make power on it.

sspem2 05-06-2008 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313933)
Lol, what try? I asked a question, I didn't assume, just guessed based on my experiences. I agree, it isn't just the fun of wrenching and pride that comes with it but actually having a clue of what is going on.

It's nice to see that someone with a show car and a swap with an em2 has put the wrench time in, props for that. It's an assumption that's easy to make. It's just typical that most people who go the show route aren't very mechanically inclined.

It tends to be a trend, especially in the 7th gen community that people either a) go the show route and do what they have to do to get a good score out of the engine bay, usually by paying to have boost or a swap done or b) go all out for power, drag race, and put in the wrench time and actually know what's going on under the hood. It's actually refreshing and rare. Good job on the swap.

u didnt assume uh? heres ur pwnag3. look at ur first post. \/\/\/\/ :lol:

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313503)

you got served :roflmao:

this is what i want my engine to look like. full race all day :drool: the guys car below is the guy i bought my motor from. he sells motors all day in south florida.

http://www.urbanracer.com/gallery/ga...-5-08/0178.jpg

andyman97 05-06-2008 10:40 PM

Assume/guess, after all the ass long posts I put up, you know what I meant, by 'assume', I mean 'would assume'....

Served? Yeah, I'll prolly cry all night over it, lol.

sspem2 05-06-2008 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4313958)
Assume/guess, after all the ass long posts I put up, you know what I meant, by 'assume', I mean 'would assume'....

u got pwn3d. :p :giggle: :roflmao:

wait til what i got in store for my car once i clear some shit up. i got a new cf lip kit in my garage waiting to be installed with my new paint job along with a cf varis diffuser. :eek:

CaTacL1sm 05-06-2008 10:51 PM

goddamn. who cares!

we can boil it down to the fact that its a sick car with a lot of thought and effort put into it.

it seems all i see on this site are people getting flamed.
theres a time and a place for that.. :P just not here

civicsrcool 05-07-2008 01:28 AM

yeah that was pwnage lol. k24 isnt that expensive andy. already seen this guy on k20a.org that sells 'fully built' k24 short blocks with any compression you want for 2500 flat rate. awesome deal.

TemjinX2 05-07-2008 02:08 AM

yeah i agree, the prices on the K's have gone down a lot over last couple of years. Still not down to B-series pricing but getting really close.