Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Just Got Done Painting My Vic. Let Me Know What You Think (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/301011-just-got-done-painting-my-vic-let-me-know-what-you-think.html)

sevenplaces 10-17-2007 11:30 AM

Re: Just Got Done Painting My Vic. Let Me Know What You Think

:_puke:

ronaldo9 10-17-2007 11:48 AM

Hey man hope the car is driving better. Looks like the car is coming together nicely. Keep us updated on the boosted status.

So.Ill.EM2 10-17-2007 03:10 PM

it's ok i guess, not my cup of tea. but if you're going for show, you're on the right way. i like the color, but too much flake. need to align the bumper, align the hood, and get a grill. i think that the rims don't look right, black would look tight with the mirrors. i also am not feeling the fenders.

this is what i figure...

align the bumper, black 18's, cf hood, cf trunk lid, cf mirrors (since you said you were gonna get em), and since you've got the turbo set up, you'd be straight ballin.

just my .02

boosted.es2 10-17-2007 03:37 PM

i agree with everyone elses comments. i think any dark wheel would set off the paint a lot better. i think people would be lookin too hard at the wheels and not the very expensive paint you got their. your engine bay is clean, all you gotta do is paint the charge pipes on there and it will look a lot better... cheers!

IrockCivics 10-17-2007 03:56 PM

Looks good, whats next? Interior?

affixrider 10-17-2007 05:12 PM

interior and dressin up the engine bay.

Colombian4Lyf 10-19-2007 08:53 AM

Paint job is clean bro, nice job. Wish I could do my own. The wheels are the only thing not flowing. Everything else looks good. Keep up the good work.

affixrider 10-19-2007 10:13 AM

thanks

tuningmycivic 10-19-2007 12:31 PM

not my taste but well done. don't really like the chrome with such a bright paint job either, but to each their own bro

gonna have to get all the fayettenam 7thgens together one of these days...maybe we can get Carl, aka soldierboi, to finally do some mods....:lol:

exturbo6 10-19-2007 12:56 PM

exturbo6 10-19-2007 12:56 PM

get rid of those rims.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 10-19-2007 12:59 PM

OMG wow... LOL. im probably just gonna refrain from saying my comments. LOL

trubluciv 10-19-2007 02:33 PM

lookin sweet....i like how you didnt paint the mirrors....adds a different style......

kronickz 10-19-2007 02:36 PM

paint looks fuzzy or dull on the hood and the close up shot. Needs to be cut and buffed or something

PopcornPlaya 10-19-2007 04:14 PM

Looks like a bass boat to me. I don't like the flake size in the paint. And the chrome... ugh... The color would be alright without the flake and either some black or dark grey rims.

MURDOCK 10-19-2007 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya (Post 4253273)
Looks like a bass boat to me. I don't like the flake size in the paint. And the chrome... ugh... The color would be alright without the flake and either some black or dark grey rims.

A bass boat:roflmao:

exturbo6 10-19-2007 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya (Post 4253273)

:roflmao: bass boat...bass boat on chromes.

affixrider 10-19-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by kronickz (Post 4253213)
paint looks fuzzy or dull on the hood and the close up shot. Needs to be cut and buffed or something

yeah i will, but your not supposed to the first couple of weeks after its been painted.

also, i like the bassboat comment, its true i guess, but i still like it. catches peoples attention. theres a car show here tomm. in fayettnam, nc, so im sure ill hear everyone elses comments as well. again thanks for everyones opinion, keep em going.

7GENCVC 10-20-2007 12:18 PM

cool color, but again the flakes are too big, loose them chrome wheels, side mirrors should have been painted too. Did you bondo or painted over the side skirts and rear bumber together with the body to make it like a one-piece look? If so, watch out for them speed bumps. Your side skirts may crack and damage the paint job along with the body paint. Instead of replacing and repainting just them side skirts, you'll end up repainting your car on each sides. :hithead:

affixrider 10-20-2007 04:17 PM

on the side skirts, i laid down fiberglass sheets(thin and thick) and bonded to pin holes in.

Mr_Plenty 10-20-2007 05:59 PM

affixrider...dont mind all the shit these dudes talk...if you like it then fuc what they say lol. but then again you did ask for an opinion. right?. Its cool 2 me though. im not a fan of full body kits and flashy colors n stuff. i like a sleeper. but i would stare if it came down the street so i guess thats the idea. And what the fux up wit the assumption that dude is from the south? thats bullshit....

soldierboi 10-20-2007 10:11 PM

oh snap!! im gonna come over tomorrow and see that beast!

redem2 10-20-2007 11:32 PM

looks nice. just need a nice set of rims to complete it.

tuningmycivic 10-21-2007 12:02 AM

saw your car out that the expo center today....looked around for you but didn't see you anywhere....

affixrider 10-21-2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty (Post 4253653)
affixrider...dont mind all the shit these dudes talk...if you like it then fuc what they say lol. but then again you did ask for an opinion. right?. Its cool 2 me though. im not a fan of full body kits and flashy colors n stuff. i like a sleeper. but i would stare if it came down the street so i guess thats the idea. And what the fux up wit the assumption that dude is from the south? thats bullshit....

dont worry man, i dont let it get to me. i like to hear peoples input. and i love my civic, considering that i did all the work and not some other shop. thanks for the comments of my car. and yeah im not sure where the whole i must be from the south thing came up either.

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic (Post 4253741)
saw your car out that the expo center today....looked around for you but didn't see you anywhere....

yeah i was walking around everywhere. didnt win anything. the evo that was damn there made completley out of carbon fiber won everything. but i tried. i need to do some interior work, i think thats what got me.

RedHonda00 10-24-2007 01:32 PM

by first appearence looks rice, not really into the whole aesthetics of a honda

speedfoos 10-24-2007 02:01 PM

^^^ Then why are you here and with RedHonda00 as your screen name?

burke420 10-24-2007 02:38 PM

nice engine..wheels..idk..tooo much bling!

HighBoost 10-24-2007 03:02 PM

i dont know what to say, u got ur own taste, keep up the work i guess.

RedHonda00 10-27-2007 12:35 PM

im not into body kits, and custom paint jobs, personally i would keep my honda stock, put rims on then go all for performance.