Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   ebay venders stealing more members cars? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/298531-ebay-venders-stealing-more-members-cars.html)

mugenman 08-12-2007 10:26 PM

ebay venders stealing more members cars?

cant remember your name on here man, but i reconized the car instantly. just giving you a heads up. not sure if you oked the usage of your car or not but i just figured id let you know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...QQcmdZViewItem

1sykcivic 08-12-2007 11:07 PM

Re: ebay venders stealing more members cars?

loool blk_civic isnt that yours haha your famous!!!

Alpha 5 08-12-2007 11:38 PM

I am using EDDIECHAPS sedan for one of my auctions. He was my only neg rep, so I used his car for an auction. I figured it was a fair trade. LOL

gsniper666 08-12-2007 11:40 PM

hahahah... nice alpha

gearbox 08-12-2007 11:44 PM

rofl yea ebay loves to do that with hidplanet pics. they put a pic of TL or s2k projectors and say thats what their pnp kit looks like :_please:

0H3ebpEM2 08-13-2007 12:56 AM

yeah every HID auction ebay has is people stealing pictures from other, using the same pictures on every post, or like gear mentioned showing pics of retrofits saying that you will get the same results with their kits. Thats bullcrap!!!

metalviper 08-13-2007 01:40 AM

i love how they even put their own watermark on the pics so no one can reuse em haha

Alpha 5 08-13-2007 03:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, he found it. :hgrin:

slowwhitecivic 08-13-2007 05:35 PM

ahhahahhaha

burke420 08-13-2007 08:21 PM

i better look closer at them pics on ebay

xproductionz 08-13-2007 09:06 PM

i remeber when this one company that makes those electric turbos... used a pic of mine on there website and even made a statment that i said there product was the sheit and even used my user name "xproductionz"... haha... that was back in the day.. dont know if anyone remembers it though

gearbox 08-13-2007 09:22 PM

haha i think i do lol.

jamis33 08-13-2007 09:24 PM

hahaha thats awesome man that car is nice tho i can see why they stole it.

xproductionz 08-13-2007 09:25 PM

haha.. i found it

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...-wtf-eram.html

Alpha 5 08-17-2007 11:08 PM

Here is the straight skinny.

If you upload your pics to pic hosting websites, For Example, Allyoucanupload.com, webshots.com, photobucket.com and others. Then these pics are out there for anyone to view and use at their descrestion. If you host them on your domain or upload them directly, NOT HOT LINK THEM, on this forum or any other. Then they become the property of that forum.

So if you do not care if your pics are used then, use a photo hosting website.

If you do care if someone uses your pics, save them directly to the forum or purchase your own domain name and host them yourself...

Just my .02. If I am wrong, pleas state why and show proof. Please do not get mad and just start mouthing to be mouthing.

gearbox 08-17-2007 11:45 PM

isnt photobucket a private account? basically people are STEALING links that normally they cannot get to if you didnt post on a forum. lol this isnt public domain. its someones private pics of their personal stuff. just like you cant go searching google for random pics and grab whatever you want to use for making a profit. i have seen ebay vendors lose their license over this kind of thing, heck i was partly responsible for one case.

dru106 08-17-2007 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4229222)
Here is the straight skinny.

If you upload your pics to pic hosting websites, For Example, Allyoucanupload.com, webshots.com, photobucket.com and others. Then these pics are out there for anyone to view and use at their descrestion. If you host them on your domain or upload them directly, NOT HOT LINK THEM, on this forum or any other. Then they become the property of that forum.

So if you do not care if your pics are used then, use a photo hosting website.

If you do care if someone uses your pics, save them directly to the forum or purchase your own domain name and host them yourself...

Just my .02. If I am wrong, pleas state why and show proof. Please do not get mad and just start mouthing to be mouthing.

I agree or if not put like a copyright thing on the pic.....

Alpha 5 08-18-2007 07:15 AM

Here is the copyright statement from allyoucanupload.com

http://www.cnetnetworks.com/editorial/copyright.html

All editorial content and graphics on our sites are protected by U.S. copyright, international treaties, and other applicable copyright laws and may not be copied without the express permission of CNET Networks, Inc., which reserves all rights. Reuse of any of CNET Networks editorial content and graphics for any purpose without CNET Networks' permission is strictly prohibited.
DO NOT copy or adapt the HTML or other code that CNET Networks creates to generate pages. It also is covered by CNET Networks' copyright.
As a courtesy to owners of intellectual property rights, we are willing to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints. However, we provide no guarantee that we will remove the allegedly infringing materials from our site.

Alpha 5 08-18-2007 07:27 AM

Photobuckets turn

http://photobucket.com/terms

3. Your License to Photobucket
Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content that you choose to post to the Site. After posting User Content to the Site,you continue to retain all ownership or license rights in your User Content and you continue to have the right to use your User Content as you did prior to such posting. However, by posting or making User Content available through the Site or via the Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket a nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform (whether by means of a digital audio transmission or otherwise) and process your User Content, or any part of it, solely on and through the Site and Services, including without limitation (a) adapting the format of your User Content (for example by encoding or transcoding) for suitable display on the Site; and (b) displaying, in Photobucket's sole discretion, your public User Content in search results generated by the Photobucket search engine. In addition, where you have made your User Content public, posted a link to your User Content on another website or otherwise shared a link to your User Content, you grant to Photobucket a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to sublicense the right to copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, and distribute your User Content as necessary to perform the Services, including without limitation the printing services offered by Partner Sites. In connection with the above license, you provide your consent for Photobucket personnel, including Photobucket contractors and service providers, to view your User Content at any time for the purpose of providing the Services and filtering content that violates this Agreement. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all Content you submit to the Site or provide to the Service. You represent that you either own the User Content or have the rights necessary to grant Photobucket this license.
Your license to Photobucket with respect to any particular piece of User Content will terminate once you or Photobucket remove it from the Site