Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   New guy here.. 06 WRX STI 6MT --> 86 Hatch SI 5MT --> 05 SE-EX 5MT (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/298341-new-guy-here-06-wrx-sti-6mt-86-hatch-si-5mt-05-se-ex-5mt.html)

1986-5MT 08-08-2007 09:53 AM

New guy here.. 06 WRX STI 6MT --> 86 Hatch SI 5MT --> 05 SE-EX 5MT

Hey I'm new here - thought I'd post some pics of how I got here, and say hi to everyone.

I purchased an 06 WRX STI a few months ago and immediatly started modding it. Stage 2 had me working with 330 AWHP, I found out soon after the dealership had no title for the vehicle they sold me (it was a stolen car someone traded in.) I threatened to sue, and they gladly came and took the car back / paid off my entire loan.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...mural-wall.jpg

bye bye STI... So I'm carless - my best friend says "hey I have this 86 Civic SI in my yard, you can have it if you pay for it to be towed to your house.. it needs a clutch cable.

Stupid me, I agree and think its an easy fix.. the bracket which holds the clutch cable to the firewall up behind the dash was busted and rusted off the firewall... yikes. We ghetto rigged it and made the clutch work.. but the idle is bouncing and needed a TPS sensor which most of you know is connected to the throttle body - not cool. I wasnt about to spend $500.00 more on this already junk 10 owner car. Instead, I went to a used car dealership, with it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...d/86-civic.jpg

They laughed and I told them I'll go look around while they appraise it.. I came across a car that has no info on it, it was just traded in.. in the raw. Not cleaned, nothing done to it - no inspection yet etc. 05 Civic Special edition EX model 5 speed. I test drove it and immediatly knew what I was buying.

They wanted $16,895 for it.. I said an 05 with 44K on it is only work $15,500 to me if its flawless.. They said well your trade is worthless, I said give me $1,500 for my trade and I will sign the papers right now.

Sure enough, they gave me $1,497 for my trade and I took the 05 civic home. Now it's no 330 AWHP turbocharged street sweeper, but it's definitly an extremely nice piece of machinery. I enjoy it every bit as much as my STI, though obviously I'm going to miss that car.

Heres some pics of the car I just got:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-073.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-072.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-076.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-071.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-075.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ed/8-8-074.jpg

I guess I'll be sticking around afterall, though maybe I ought to change my username? lol :sweet: Good to be here I love the new car.. although after I washed it today I realied the front bumper, right fender, and headlamp are new. It was obviously in an accident which was not reported - they even swapped over the vin sticker to the new fender, bastards.

- Brett

Kevbotron 08-08-2007 10:15 AM

Re: New guy here.. 06 WRX STI 6MT --> 86 Hatch SI 5MT --> 05 SE-EX 5MT

wow sounds like a lot of treachery with your car dealers lol.. that STI looked pretty sweet, but the 7thgen is a great car, and very reliable. Theres a lot of information on this site if you look around, and maybe you'll see some things you'd like to mod!

welcome! in either case haha

bullet02ex 08-08-2007 11:06 AM

welcome to the site

mugenman 08-08-2007 11:10 AM

i would have bought that third gen offa you i love em! lol sucks about the scooby and nice looking em2

west imports 08-08-2007 11:24 AM

Welcome to the forum, scoob is nice of course but it woulda been fun to hang on to that 86 SI. I love the old stuff.

DsevenEm2 08-08-2007 11:57 AM

ooh he just doesnt know yet does he. welcome to the boards and im sure ull have fun with the em2. ull soon realize it really isnt a 330 awhp street sweeper. but..theres always room for improvement (turbo cough cough k swap)... looks nice and clean keep us posted on wat happens to it, welcome again!

05SEX5MT 08-08-2007 12:13 PM

Thanks for the fast replys everyone! I am looking to do some light aesthetic mods, and basic performance mods probably. With all the money I'll save on not having $600.00 a month car payments anymore I could probably turbocharge this car if I found a complete "bolt on" intercooled kit for it. I've got a lot of research to do, as I never had a civic before.

I did have a 95 Honda Prelude 5 speed, this kinda reminds me of it, only newer and nicer. The cloth seats in this car have CRAZY NICE side bolstering on them.. I couldn't belive it. The STI chairs were not made for a little guy like me.. I have a 34" waist, and these chairs are just perfect. The others were way to wide, allowing me to slide around in turns. Go Honda for awesome freekin seats in every car!

I keep using too much effort trying to change gears not realizing it's a stock honda shifter.. not a short throw, or 86 honda shifter lol.

I think i'm really going to love this car even if I never do major performance mods to it, it just looks great and feels quality like all Hondas do when they drive.

I have the 6 disc stock mp3 capible radio in there, it's silver and looks almost aftermarket. aux in jack etx.. does anybody know if the back of it has sub out attatched to it? I'd like to ad a small subwoofer with out changing the stock head unit out... possible or no?

DsevenEm2 08-08-2007 05:49 PM

i think it does but i could be wrong. i have the basic stereo on my ex but i have a sub and amp combo..u need to get one of those converters and break it off into one of the speakers and it works jsut fine. im running 1300 watts from my sub into my factory stereo. with some upgraded speakers and a single amp for my sub...its perfect.. ull be fine.

05SEX5MT 08-11-2007 06:01 PM

i came out to the 05 civic after a rain storm to find my trunk full of water, and not just that but since the entire right side was mismatched, i decided to take it back to the dealer and they gladly took posession of it, since it was whack.

I went today and bought an 07 EX 5 speed in black on black.. i dont like it much but it'll have to grow on me since SI's are hard to find, and I baby my cars anyway so i don't need the extra power.

Have pics after I pick it up on monday.. they couldn't inspect it today they went home at 5pm.. lazy.

2 miles on it when I got in the car and drove it from the secondary lot, to the dealership.

DsevenEm2 08-11-2007 09:51 PM

wow....so u ended up hating the em2 huh. oh well. i dont like the new civics.. i dont liek the body styling and the motors arent that great..unless its an si...have fun with it. post pics when u can.

mani_is_kool 08-11-2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2 (Post 4226781)
wow....so u ended up hating the em2 huh. oh well. i dont like the new civics.. i dont liek the body styling and the motors arent that great..unless its an si...have fun with it. post pics when u can.

Evn u would if u found ur trunk full of water :lol:

@topic maker : Time to change ur Username again :giggle:

So.Ill.EM2 08-12-2007 03:49 AM

if you could afford the 600.00 a month, you should've gotten another sti or evo lol. i love my vic, but once you go AWD, you never go back. except in my case...

LT2004ever 08-12-2007 04:33 AM

wow the stealership gave u 1500 for the 86 Si, nice..

05SEX5MT 08-12-2007 07:56 AM

The thing is, I had been working my ass off to afford that STI for a while.. and once I had it and started modding it .. it came down to the same thing every car in my life does - "wow, this is it?" meaning.. no automobile is ever good enough. In the first week the 300 stock hp was getting boring, the AWD was just a bummer to me really because with a good suspension setup, even FWD and RWD cars can handle like they are riding on a rail. I just knew after the 400 hp mark I was goin to have to go build the engine, bigger turbo etc and then it would become unreliable for daily driving. Buying anoher will lead to that same bank draining addiction, where as buying a civic makes me want to buy mods like carbon fiber hoods and such to save weight, and get better gas mileage. (lol, funny but true.)

I loved that 05 civic by the way.. i think it was one of the best civic honda ever made it just felt right. But when I noticed the entire right side of the car had been wrecked and repainted, found deer hair and meat in the engine bay burning into the power steering rack, and the trunk full of water.. I couldn't take it anymore I said buying a used car just isn't worth the aggrivation bro.

I would rather have to get used to the space-ship like features of the 07 coupe and have no miles on it, and no previous owners just for that peace of mind. Payed 18,550 after arguing with the guy for ever, and my girlfriend opened her mouth since the guy said "we cant do 18,500 for a brand new EX civic.. we just can't. I said then I can't buy it! He said work with me.. and after 15 minutes of me threatening to walk out, my girlfriend said 18,550 and he shook my hand.. what ever $50.00 more dollars - I'll eat that I guess.

It's been a trip buying cars for me.. I only "want" 3 cars in the world, and none of them are practical so.. I figured I might as well buying someting 100% reliable, and with probably the best resale value on the market.. civic!

I'm anxious to pick this thing up, but now what do I do with the intake and tinted tail light covers I ordered for teh 05... hmm hack them up and fit them to the 07 possibly?

stay cool everyone, pics coming in 1 day!

- Brett

marcuse 08-12-2007 08:04 AM

you type a novel each post. hurts my eyes lol. 300 horsepower boring.. give me a break man.

DsevenEm2 08-12-2007 02:22 PM

u can always sell the intake and tinted tailight covers. post em up in the for sale section..and in honda-tech..civicseven.com and emhonda.com..im sure sum1 will take that stuff. i have a feeling ur going to get very bored with the new ex alot quicker than with the sti.. i mean who gets bored with the sti? buy a bugatti...

Eeeeeeh 08-15-2007 07:11 PM

I remember that car from iwsti.. Welcome :)