Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Ride Competition / ROTM (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/297594-ride-competition-rotm.html)

LT2004ever 07-22-2007 01:58 AM

Ride Competition / ROTM

Ok well after some thinking i was hoping civicforums could have a contest.. like no real material prize, just a competition ya know. Just like how some car forums do a ride of the month kinda thing, i was thinking we should have a contest for cleanest coupe, sedan, also in their respective colors!!! Like cleanest SSM Coupe.... Cleanest NHB sedan, Cleanest Custom paint sedan, etc. Cause i remember seeing some members like supermex, have the 1st place trophy next to their name. Like idk i think a few polls for the best looking rides would be awesome. Then maybe even a small prize like they get a pic of their car on the front page for a week or something! but yeah this should also help those people who started the thread about how we should have a civicforums calendar. We could have the winners be put into the calendar, if the calendar thing goes through. Anyways, i was wondering who all supported this idea, of having a anonymous poll every month for a new category based on a certain criteria? And like u cant nominate yourself, u have to have someone else nominate your car, u have to have more than 20 posts and be active to compete, a short interview with the winner, etc. ya know we could just expand with the idea..

anyways who all is feeling this idea?

speedfoos 07-22-2007 03:14 AM

Re: Ride Competition

I'm feeling it. A nice Ride of the Month would be great in my opinion. Need the mods to support it, but I'd like to see it.

TRIZ 07-22-2007 05:23 AM

Maybe one in each color is a little too much, I can just see dru taking rallye red's every month. And put some kind of limit like, can only win in a catagory once every 6 months. And maybe a catagory "coolest in progress project" or something.

DsevenEm2 07-22-2007 02:02 PM

^true. im for it..itll be interesting.

2005EM2 07-22-2007 03:00 PM

sounds good

ST8RACE 07-22-2007 03:05 PM

IM IN FOR THIS .....SIGN ME UP.:tup:

HonCiv02 07-22-2007 04:08 PM

its a good chance to see what everyone has; it sucks going through the old posts of pics that dont work anymore. i think it is a good idea.

bullet02ex 07-22-2007 04:23 PM

good idea

mugenman 07-22-2007 04:36 PM

think its a perfect idea...actually we have something like this in the works for civic7.com

Christian Calim 07-22-2007 05:09 PM

should have two categories going on though like jdm(lip kit or stock), show(body kits) theme and overall of course. That way things wouldnt get mixed up.

TRIZ 07-22-2007 05:15 PM

^ what?

Anways, you Gotta come up with some other unique catagories too

probably something with turbo for the bandwagon
something like most unique DIY over the past month
coolest in progress project
coolest jpeg shot
this months tsudocivic award
...dont let me steal the spotlight, come up with some of your own.

Christian Calim 07-22-2007 05:26 PM

isnt he trying to focus on the peoples ride/car, not the best diy or coolest picture. oh and what i meant what was the best show car, best in JDM style, and more.

mugenman 07-22-2007 10:42 PM

i think a show car/jdm category would be great. and also maybe a sedan/coupe one too. i mean cmon theres some hot coupes on this site id have some serious competition :-)

greeen01civic4d 07-22-2007 11:18 PM

however much id like to see everyones rides very in a single forum, there are too many categories to cover, i think a more effective way to show rides would be to have a pic only thread, no comments, just pics of peoples rides with a list of mods to accompany them, simple, but effective, and we get to see lots of pics of rides with no filler....

Christian Calim 07-22-2007 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by mugenman (Post 4218579)
i think a show car/jdm category would be great. and also maybe a sedan/coupe one too. i mean cmon theres some hot coupes on this site id have some serious competition :-)

agree, coupe and sedan as well.

LT2004ever 07-23-2007 12:56 AM

see, im glad more people than i thinks this would be good. i think we should vote on the next week/months theme while voting on someones ride also.

Alpha 5 07-23-2007 01:05 AM

Count me in.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/health/070507/x05079A.jpg

mugenman 07-23-2007 01:06 AM

im honestly game to start this thing up now. the way we picked cars for the civic7 banner was i just posted up a bunch of cars and everyone voted on which ones they wanted in. i mean hell isnt that gonna be the simplest way to do this?

LT2004ever 07-23-2007 01:11 AM

but i think we should go to dave with the idea, considering i want a banner advertising it, so we can get more votes and more member involvement :)

Alpha 5 07-23-2007 01:15 AM

I guess I better get the trusty Mavica out.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/So.../DSLRA100H.png

Alpha 5 07-23-2007 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by LT2004ever (Post 4218662)
but i think we should go to dave with the idea, considering i want a banner advertising it, so we can get more votes and more member involvement :)

Always with the I wants, Always about you. LOL

I am sure Dave will go for it. I don't really know dave on a personal level but he seams to be an ok guy.

http://www.wanderingdave.com/images/...ave720x480.png

drunkenmagnum 07-23-2007 09:52 AM

Ride of the month FTW. no other catagories to make it over complicated. just have that and allow the winner to have a link to that post on the main page or something of that nature. other sites like CRSX have it and i am always cheecking it out. WE SHOULD TOO!

drew22mader 07-23-2007 10:04 AM

I'm def in on this too, make sure pictures look professional, these crappy as pictures take away from the cars.

LT2004ever 07-23-2007 10:15 AM

OK, so requirements are if you are submitted by someone for ROTM you have u take a "ROTM worthy" picture of your car. Like a up to date picture also (within a few months), cause people's cars could have looked good along time ago ya know. Voting is anonymous, and legit, so no creating multiple accounts to vote lol. Um any more criteria people wanna add or remove?

speedfoos 07-23-2007 10:30 AM

^^^ ROTM FTW. Let the admins figure out the criteria and us plebes vote on the cars.

mugenman 07-23-2007 10:43 AM

lol i agree clint lets quite discussing this and just dooooo it its not that hard to organize a ride of the month.

also another idea limit the amount of entrie each month. i mean hell you cant have 30 guys trying to win. it will be straight up craziness i say maybe 5 entires at a time and you can only run once every like 2 months to keep schmucks like me from running every month lol

drew22mader 07-23-2007 10:46 AM

There shouldn't be a limit to how much u can run as long as you don't win, if you win you should not be able to run for at least 6 months.

exturbo6 07-23-2007 11:04 AM

well drew won. lol his car is the cleanest, and simplest. no gay shit all over the car.

LT2004ever 07-23-2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mugenman (Post 4218758)
lol i agree clint lets quite discussing this and just dooooo it its not that hard to organize a ride of the month.

also another idea limit the amount of entrie each month. i mean hell you cant have 30 guys trying to win. it will be straight up craziness i say maybe 5 entires at a time and you can only run once every like 2 months to keep schmucks like me from running every month lol

See thats the thing, i know we can organize it, but i want the winner to like have a banner with a pic of their car ya on the front page ya know. :/

Originally Posted by drew22mader (Post 4218761)
There shouldn't be a limit to how much u can run as long as you don't win, if you win you should not be able to run for at least 6 months.

I agree with this! but then again you will have some people running every month not letting someone else run, and then that goes to the 30 guys running thing again.