Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Its Done!!! - Sneak Peek at what is up Foos' sleeve this week (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/297005-its-done-sneak-peek-what-up-foos-sleeve-week.html)

speedfoos 07-07-2007 05:53 PM

Its Done!!! - Sneak Peek at what is up Foos' sleeve this week

Buh bye.

civic-driver 07-07-2007 06:24 PM

Re: Sneak Peek at what is up Foos' sleeve this week

color matched carbon fiber hood? to replace the destroyed hail damaged one?

DsevenEm2 07-07-2007 07:06 PM

haha see...painting a cf hood aint that bad..very sleeperish. nice job.

mugenman 07-08-2007 12:38 AM

uh oh....tell me theres going to be some fresh paint on your ride

Alpha 5 07-08-2007 12:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Why would you paint a CF hood?

mugenman 07-08-2007 01:16 AM

could be perhaps the hood was hazed or maybe he just liked the look of it being color matched.

speedfoos 07-08-2007 03:27 AM

Lots of nicks and chips needed to filled. The hood has been on the car for 4 years now. Everything else will be done by Thursday.

mugenman 07-08-2007 08:04 AM

what color is that buddy? satin silver metallic?

speedfoos 07-08-2007 09:17 AM

Its a super uber custom paint.

4 parts Hammerite Smooth Silver, 1 part Hammerite Smooth Black, 5 parts thinner. I'm all high on paint fumes. Sprayed the hood again plus fenders and front bumper just now.

Alpha 5 07-08-2007 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn, this guy does it all.
Paints, automotive work, automotive alterations, defends his country, helps old ladies across the street, talks to and helps the no0bs, has some ink, gives the cat the milk from his cereal, helps out at the local shelter, donates blood to the Red Cross. He must be Super Man or something.

speedfoos 07-08-2007 10:55 AM

LOL - close! I'm not allowed to give blood anymore since I moved to the UK and I'm not as hung as Super Manga there!

mugenman 07-08-2007 04:30 PM

haha more like super douche....i kid i kid

speedfoos 07-08-2007 05:03 PM

Buh bye.

1sykcivic 07-08-2007 11:28 PM

hope those dont fall ROFL

civic-driver 07-09-2007 12:15 AM

i would say with all that blue and silver under the hood your going to be looking pretty damn good after its all put back together

mugenman 07-09-2007 02:30 AM

when i grow up i wanna be just like you clint

and on a side note please tell me your using a gravity feed gun....siphon feed sucks balls

speedfoos 07-09-2007 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by 1sykcivic (Post 4212315)
hope those dont fall ROFL

BOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Jon, grav-fed HVLP. Its the only way to go. At least for me since its all I have!

mugenman 07-09-2007 02:38 AM

dude i got a siphon feed with my compressor and it blows ill stick to the rattle can until i can get a decent paint setup at my place. anybody wanna rent me some time in a paint booth? ive got some shit i need to do to make me some money for my k!

speedfoos 07-09-2007 10:11 AM

Make friends with one of the joes at Ft. Campbell. All US base hobby shops (the big ones) have paint booths....

bullet02ex 07-09-2007 11:00 AM

very nice. I like the look a lot

02civic21 07-09-2007 11:01 AM

nah "superman was a punk" lol :roflmao:

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4212195)
Damn, this guy does it all.
Paints, automotive work, automotive alterations, defends his country, helps old ladies across the street, talks to and helps the no0bs, has some ink, gives the cat the milk from his cereal, helps out at the local shelter, donates blood to the Red Cross. He must be Super Man or something.

familycar 07-09-2007 02:08 PM

paint the mirrors while your at it lol

LT2004ever 07-09-2007 03:12 PM

Man make sure they dont fall like ur VC :( we dont want another thread showing after pics they are painful to look at hehe

speedfoos 07-09-2007 04:43 PM

Funny you should mention that Travis....the front bumper slipped out of my hand this morning when I was taking it down and hit a sharp corner of the stool underneath it. Put a nice 1" inch gouge in the bumper. Luckily a little sandpaper and body skimmer took care of it and I just rehung it and shot it with the back bumper and trunk lid today.

Should I paint the mirrors yellow? ;) Naw, they'll be getting painted with the doors tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm really impressed with how its turning out as well. I'll put some pics up tomorrow of what I shot today. Really not looking forward to dismantling and removing the doors but it makes painting the sills and doing the complete color change a lot easier.

LT2004ever 07-09-2007 08:04 PM

^^ dang man thats crazy... if i were you i'd keep stuff as low to the ground as possible! btw srry ur turbo install got delayed

jamis33 07-09-2007 08:46 PM

i wanna see the whole car put back together. Interresting choice to paint the lower portion of the bumper silver instead of black.

xRiCeBoYx 07-09-2007 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by speedfoos (Post 4212426)
Make friends with one of the joes at Ft. Campbell. All US base hobby shops (the big ones) have paint booths....

boo.. i'm jealous.. every navy base hobby shop i've been to only has lifts... the one they just closed down here had just about everything but a paint booth.. lol..

looks good tho

LT2004ever 07-09-2007 11:07 PM

whoot Ft.Campbell is close to me... seeing as how im in TN its just a nice drive north... but also Nashville is one of the few cities to have a Auto Diesel College, so i can just talk to a student there to do it for one of their classes all i have to do is provide the paint, and schedule a appointment..... and if they mess up the professor doest it!! win win!

speedfoos 07-10-2007 03:39 AM

Honestly its a matter "I'm tired of masking shit off, it's getting painted the same color!" That and it will be most likely be cut to install my intercooler in a couple weeks.

I'm not too worried about the turbo install being delayed. Having the car finally painted (primer sux) is more than enough for me at this point. Plus, momma and I had a "priorities re-alignment" discussion yesterday.... Ol 'foos has been spending a little too much quality time with the car lately!

speedfoos 07-10-2007 03:52 AM

Off to go rip the doors apart. Wee.