Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   03 civic dx coupe... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/296721-03-civic-dx-coupe.html)

Medic_06 06-29-2007 01:45 AM

03 civic dx coupe...

4 Attachment(s)
Hey all..I've been floating around this forum since '03 but never joined. Just figured I'd post some pics of my car. I have sweet shag all done to it. But my goal is for a complete engine build and turbo kit this fall and winter. I am in rural newfoundland so a K swap is NOT an option. With what it would cost me here it is just as well to buy a used rsx-s. NO JOKE.
I have the car lowered 2 inches with DropZone lowering springs. Stock struts seem to be holding out pretty good, but when the give me trouble I'm gonna get the DropZone Struts as wells.

I also wanted to post and see what kinda Rice/Nice comments i would get. I find some of them pretty amusing.

cinaibur 06-29-2007 02:03 AM

Re: 03 civic dx coupe...

it's ok... not digin the nose guard

DsevenEm2 06-29-2007 02:11 AM

no one likes altezzas anymore..go find the stockers..i dont think ur drop is big enough it looks stock to me. but ur doing ok. cant complain..looks better than my car.

cinaibur 06-29-2007 02:57 AM

i think the drop just looks weird cuse ovf pic quality... mine looks thesame on caera

Medic_06 06-29-2007 10:43 AM

Hey guys,
thanks for the comments and the impute. She doesn't looked dropped much in the pic. I think I took them like a couple of days after I lowered it and they weren't quite settled I don't think. l also have 205/40ZR17's. NOT the right size. I went cheapy on it. I have to order my tires from the state's because prices here a completely RETARTED, and it was about 200 bucks cheaper down there. I was also in a hurry to get the rims on too because the black winter steelies just don't cut it.
I have the stock tails in my garage actually. I kept all of the original parts that came off of the car. I also think that we are behind you guys in the times. Maybe I'll try to fix that by poppin em out and tryin to get others to catch on. I got my $450 worth out of em now newayz.(Yes, i got reamed up the ass on those)
the nose gaurd really saves me from a paint job every summer. I kinda like it as well..The stock front end all silver kinda needs something to through it off a bit.
Really needs a set of black headlights.. Actually.. Really needs a new car. A civic is a civic. It dosen't matter what you do to it. It will always be a civic and every TOM, DICK, and Harry will always have one. Its canada #1 selling car for like 10 years running, so it obvious there are too many on the go. We don't have much option down here on that either. Canada won't "allow" the EVO because of the safety regulations. To buy a real Japanese car we have to make sure it is at least 15 years old. Canada put that under review this year so there might be a complete end put to that too.

Kevbotron 06-29-2007 11:40 AM

I hear ya w/ the nose guard... I'm not too far from Newfoundland myself lol (NH), the front of my hood has a couple chips from winter:_doh: so I can see the need for that nose guard. Most of the people on here (no to knock anyone) never see snow haha.

I'm really confused though, the car doesn't look lowered at all, ESPECIALLY 2":screwy:

LT2004ever 06-29-2007 11:43 AM

altezzas scare me :_ontome:

Medic_06 06-29-2007 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well, just to justify how people say the car dosen't look lowered. The first pic is of the car before. The second pic(13/05/2006) is of the car after. Now see if it looks lowered to ya.

svtec 06-29-2007 02:08 PM

Looks good bro do you have any other plans?

chicohonda02 06-29-2007 02:15 PM

tails must go, and nose thinger, beside that its clean

sl33pyriceboi 06-29-2007 06:29 PM

as everyone else say. lose the tails, and drop it more.

ur car still look stock height. no offense, but my car has a smaller wheel/fender gap than urs...and im stock rite now...

Eyger 06-29-2007 07:57 PM

Hm, seems pretty straightforward to me....nice ride. I bet it's tough workin on your car like out in the middle of nowhere, you said you live on in the rural part of newfoundland? That's cool. I think those taillights are bitchin dude. Goes nice with the silver.

AmbulanceMonkee 06-29-2007 08:58 PM

+1 for another medic.

Car looks decent. I understand the nose thing, and the mud flaps are a necessity, based on the roads. Like everyone else said, tho, I'd go back to stock tails. I think it will look a little lower if/when you get new tires, too. Something a bit fatter will close up that wheel gap a little. Overall, a good start. Welcome to the site.

Medic_06 06-29-2007 08:58 PM

Hey all..
well. yes it still looks stock. but look at the two last pics I posted and you can obviously tell its not. and as well. it was like the day after I lowered the car. so they were not settled. next nice day I will post a current pic. but she is allot lower than she was. put side by side with same make and model you can tell. and I repeat.. simply look at the two pics. I could shit more than a fist in there. Now the fender is 1.5 inches away from the tires. the undersized tires to add to that.
Next off. going lower here is not an option. would have the car destroyed completly. pot holes are nuts.
Eyger, i am not exactly in the middle of nowhere. we have garages, alignment shops and such. but the closest machine shop is 4 hours away, and the closest dyno that is open to the public in in another province. about 13 hours away not including a 6 hour ferry ride. Never the less. the springs were installed by yours truley in a garage in a back yard. with the hand of a Auto tech student who got me the spring compression tool.
My other plans are for a complete engine build starting in october or November. Hopefully have the car done and back out as soon as the snow goes. Gonna have to street tune it with the help of one of my buddies who is mad wicked with tuning. and if time/money is okay than I'll take a trip to novascotia for a dyno tune or hopefully catch the portable dyno gear when it comes to newfoundland.
keep the comments comming. about the tails and the bug deflector and how she looks stock height but is really not..:lol:

MidnightCivic 06-29-2007 10:39 PM

meh...ive seen worser looses the tezza's son and yeah your drop does look weird high on a few pics and low on others might be the different angles or the camera who knows...

klectic 07-05-2007 11:34 AM

a fellow dx-er!
keep up the good work..gotta work with what you got!

jamis33 07-05-2007 02:15 PM

i see snow and nose guards piss me off i had one on then i took it off to make the car look cleaner and now my hood has gotten chips and theres scratches where the guard was