Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Can I plug 3 wires into 1 crimp for cd player? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/296152-can-i-plug-3-wires-into-1-crimp-cd-player.html)

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 06:18 PM

Can I plug 3 wires into 1 crimp for cd player?

I figured out my fuse was fried.... so i fixed that, but now i need to know if i can have the usb adapter power wire, the cd power wire, and the battery connecter wire all in 1 crimp.... would that do anything.... or do i not even need it since i have a usb adapter that has a IP-bus connecter... i dont know what to do, but i dont wanna mess up my fuses again, or my cd player....:help:

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 06:23 PM

Re: Please someone help me get an owners manual online

Why two threads about the same thing?

Same answere:
Look under the hood.

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 06:31 PM

first off... i posted twice cuz the first time i didn't realize there were only 2 people viewing in the electronics section.... second... there are 42 in this section.... third, i'm asking because i already looked at the fuses, both under the hood and under the steering column..... they all read voltages.... i don't think i could find the one i want by pulling 50.... it would take too long, and i could pull one thats blown, and not relevant to what i'm trying to do....

My cd player wont turn on, therefore i need an audio fuse to look at... i looked at my cd player fuse on the cd player, and its fine....

i need a manual to identify which fuse is which...now since i wasted a bunch of time, i have 1 hour and 30 minutes of daylight left.... tomorrow i have to go at 11 am if i can't figure this out and pay a guy 45$ to tell me my cd player is prolly fried..... if you could help, it would be cool... if you'r just gonna give me a blank " look under your hood"

well yeah, thanks:help:

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4203282)
Why two threads about the same thing?

Same answere:
Look under the hood.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 06:35 PM

At the price of me reseting all of my shit and there is a lot of shit. I will go pull the fuses under the hood untill my radio resets and then I will be back.

BTW all new threads go to the top of the list. There is a button on the top of the forum that states "New Posts". If you click it you will see all the new posts and threads regardless of location.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two pics.
The first is the before
The second is missing a fuse. The fuse that is missing killed my radio.

GO CHECK THIS ONE. THE BOTTOM RIGHT.

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 08:21 PM

cool... i found it and now my cd playa is workin again:D .... but now my question is this....

I bought a usb adapter for my pioneer and it has some kind of plug called like a IP-something-or-other and it plugs from the usb adapter to the back of my pioneer radio..... it comes with a power plug with 1) power *yellow* and 2) ground *black*.... the guy i was talking to at the cd place told me that i might not have to even plug the power in since i had the IP-something-or-other.... but if I need to, then how do i do it... can you put 3 wires in one connection ((crimp) the 3 wires are 1) from the dash power, 2) from the cd player power connecter, and 3) from the usb power connecter)???? I tried this the first time, and i dont think it fried my fuse, but i dont wanna even try it again until i know the answer....

well this is what i'm now waiting on..... i figured out i had a loose mute wire, so it might of touched metal and fried the fuse... i taped it with plastic bag over it..... so now nothing should fry anything....

i need an answer though....:sweet:

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4203292)
Here are two pics.
The first is the before
The second is missing a fuse. The fuse that is missing killed my radio.

GO CHECK THIS ONE. THE BOTTOM RIGHT.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 09:08 PM

Re: Can I plug 3 wires into 1 crimp for cd player?

The mute wire did not fry the fuse. Yes you can put all the wires you want in one crimp cap so long as they fit and make a good conection and the wire feeding them can handle the draw and the fuse is large enough to handle the amperage. And even though you did not say thanks for the earlier help nor did you rep me. You are welcome. Yes I am an ass.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 09:20 PM

Also, you can not open one thread then keep changing the title for whatever help you need. I just does not work that way.

Back to topic:
The part you are now talking about (I think) is PIONEER CD-UB100 IP-BUS USB ADAPTER.

Is this it? It should have came with instrucions, do you have them?

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 10:04 PM

well then i need to make sure i find out what did..... sorry if i seem like i'm not appreciating ur sarcastic help.... but i just got done working 67 hours this week, and this sh** isn't working and it's pissing me off..... i just wanted to get the power converter, crimp it, then plug the usb adapter in, and then blam.... do it.... but how will i know if the fuse can handle the amperage....it was 10..... the one that blew.... which shoul be plenty for the damn cd player, so idk why it would blow from that.... it might have blown with the usb adapter, but still, nothing was being played from it, nor was it even doing anything....

the manual only says to hook everything up, and shows no diagrams..... it has to be the worst manual book ever..... it doesn't even say watt usage.... so dumb!!!!!!!!

if you could help me find the info, and help me figure out if it could be handled by my 10 fuse.... well it would be awesome,.,,,:clap: :_bow:

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4203329)
The mute wire did not fry the fuse. Yes you can put all the wires you want in one crimp cap so long as they fit and make a good conection and the wire feeding them can handle the draw and the fuse is large enough to handle the amperage. And even though you did not say thanks for the earlier help nor did you rep me. You are welcome. Yes I am an ass.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 10:15 PM

I tried to look up the manual but to do so I need a log in.
I do not want to fill out forms tonight. SORRY.

Here is the url for the manual.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 10:51 PM

this is the only page(like i said before) that has the instructions on connecting it

http://a661.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b53931c514.jpg

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4203354)
I tried to look up the manual but to do so I need a log in.
I do not want to fill out forms tonight. SORRY.

Here is the url for the manual.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 10:55 PM

That is what I needed, thanks.

Just hook it up behind the radio.

Black to black and yellow to yellow. You should be fine.
The adaptor has a 3A fuse and the radio should have a 5. I would change the fuse under the hood to say a 15 or so and be done.

Lesclaypool 06-15-2007 11:01 PM

so do you think this is what fried it, even though i wasn't even using the adapter?:confused:

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4203387)
That is what I needed, thanks.

Just hook it up behind the radio.

Black to black and yellow to yellow. You should be fine.
The adaptor has a 3A fuse and the radio should have a 5. I would change the fuse under the hood to say a 15 or so and be done.

Alpha 5 06-15-2007 11:30 PM

No, I think it was some thing else, what, I don't know. Just hook it up and be done.

skipbarber 06-16-2007 06:42 AM

i dont understand this thread. is this all because of a pioneer IP-bus unit?

Lesclaypool 06-16-2007 08:59 AM

I'll explain it for ya...

So I used to drive a ford explorer, and it had my cd deck in it... some random pioneer deck... The car was lent to me basically, and it was time to get a new car (honda civic:p ) So I took my old deck out, tried to put it in the honda, and I saw that i needed the cables for it since the werent the right size... I also figured out that I was tired of using cds so I would buy the CD-UB100 usb adapter that allows you to plug in flash drives, or even hard drives in order to listen to music alike to what some people do witht their ipods....

So anyways, I tried putting it all in when i got the cables, and bam it worked, but right when i tried to finally push it in to the dash, something blew the fuse and the cd player stopped working.... I didn't find this out until yesterday.... Anyways, now I replaced the fuse, and I'm wondering how I exactly plug the CD-UB100 in since the instructions are terrible.... It looks to me like i have to directly plug the power cable to the battery (from the CD-UB100), but i'm not sure, and I'm just gonna go up to the cd dealership place to ask em what I do with the wires.... I went up there yesterday to see if they could figure out why my cd player wouldn't turn off (the blown fuse), and they were like, yeah we'll rewire and check for blown fuses and all that good stuff for $45.00.... and i was like.... ehhhh no.... so then i came home found it, and its fixed, but now i'm wondering how much they charge to install this thing....

and i dont want to have to pay, since i could ask you guys, but none of you seem to own this thing...

i dont really know what to do since i think the USB Adapter was the suspect behind blowing my fuse:_doh:

Originally Posted by skipbarber (Post 4203544)
i dont understand this thread. is this all because of a pioneer IP-bus unit?

skipbarber 06-17-2007 07:03 PM

it works the same as ANY other pioneer IP-bus component. you plug in the DIN cable from the component to the head unit, ground the black wire to anything metal and give the yellow wire 12V + constant, which translates to any power wire that remains on regardless of key position. easiest thing to do is to take them both to the head unit, ground it with the headunit ground, and give it constant from the head unit harness too. color for color. pioneer instructions arent hard to follow. as far as the head unit not turning off, sounds like you have both the power and ignition wires either touching or hooked up together. and if you keep blowing fuses, you probably have exposed wires that need to be insulated with tape or heat shrink. when i did this stuff for a living, i would go to town on people in situations like yours.. but evidently, youre determined to get it done yourself.

Alpha 5 06-17-2007 08:00 PM

I do this stuff for a living, well for fun actually. Maybe that is why I don't understand why this is soo hard. I told him to wire the Yellow to the Yellow and the black to the black. Then he is done. And plug in the bus cable of course... But from the reading it sound like he did not buy a harness and tried the hard wire method. If this is so, he needs to visit the12volt.com and get the diagram for his car. He has issues that NEED to be adressed......

skipbarber 06-18-2007 12:03 AM

well, then i dont know what else to do, it really doesnt get much easier.

Alpha 5 06-18-2007 01:18 AM

I 100% agree.:rockon: