Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Color change opinion.... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/294438-color-change-opinion.html)

cato1978 05-07-2007 01:11 PM

Color change opinion....

1 Attachment(s)
This is specifically about changing the color of my car (the non CF parts). I want to paint it a dark grey (like what was on the IS 300) with a small black flake mixed in. I've got an estimate for that, for going straight black, or going straight dark grey. I wanted to know what you guys thought.

The photo below gives a good idea of how the CF looks and the current color on the rest of the car is what is on the bumper. I'll be putting a CF lip on it after the paint job.

I don't care what anyone thinks about the CF z3 fenders, the hood, or the fact that I need a drop on it...but I do care about honest opinions on what color you would go for the rest of the body (not paining the cf). I don't really think any other color besides what's mentioned above will match very well, but if you think you know one that will work, recommend it.

:tup:

andyman97 05-07-2007 01:14 PM

Try and be respectful guys

paradoxblue 05-07-2007 01:49 PM

Re: Color change opinion....

i dont know id need to see pic colors
he grey and flake sounds interesting....

honestly im not dropping my car. and dont care what people say about it *shrugs* so do what you like :)

TRIZ 05-07-2007 03:05 PM

Well... what about painting the bumper to match the CF front, or have it wrapped... and then from the end of the fenders to the back, make a fade of grade to the blue... should tie it up nicely

dizbstretch 05-07-2007 03:52 PM

the is gray is a nice color to match the cf hood, fender, etc... but really, my honest opinion is to just swap the fender for the oem one and paint the entire car that color w/ the cf hood and lip carbon fiber... just my opinion, but you do what you gotta do man w/ that style... for you question, gray would go nice w/ it... =P

janardale 05-07-2007 05:29 PM

lol @ people who demand that others "drop" their car. Not everyone wants that look. Anyway, the paint change sounds like it would look great.:)

ciVictoria 05-07-2007 05:31 PM

Man is this a hard one, I look at this car and am I not really sure how you can pull off the carbon fiber front, even if you change the color. Going over to the rice border IMO. But I guess the grey with black flakes will help it look better. Good luck with the car I hope everything works out well. Also the drop isn't that important cause where I live the roads suck!

MidnightCivic 05-07-2007 06:38 PM

x99 on the drop..paint it a dark metallic grey color...gunmetal looking like

EggRollBandit05 05-07-2007 08:09 PM

You should consider painting the fenders if you're set on keeping them. I think it'll flow better that way but your car your decision

DsevenEm2 05-07-2007 08:16 PM

..he says he didnt care about that. i think the dark grey with the black flake will look very nice...go for it. if u get laughed at becuz of ur fenders n hood dont blame eveyrone else cuz ....as u can see they tried.

xcrxss 05-07-2007 08:41 PM

Hey Cato, I think your Vic would look good with the charcoal, I've always kinda had a thing for that. I would just take off the fender flares because it doesn't make the hood pop as much. Maybe some bigger rims too. ;)

Eyger 05-07-2007 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...8&d=1178593446

I think it would look good...

mani_is_kool 05-07-2007 10:31 PM

The most You can pull out off a carbon fibre look is by paintiing your car Either PEARL WHITE or if thats too expensive, SILVER !!! My 2 cents ;-)

Kevbotron 05-08-2007 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4186417)

LOL at the dog hahaha

cato1978 05-08-2007 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Eyger (Post 4186417)

Haha....nicely done, I guess I should've asked if someone could do this. That was cool of you. I see you put a drop on it too....

Thanks man. ;)

SSMCivic2k5 05-08-2007 08:26 AM

get anthracite off the TLs.... look hotness

BigE19 05-08-2007 10:29 PM

Get the body shop to colour match the same greyish look in the Carbon fiber, for the entire car.