Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Opinion on fogs. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/292936-opinion-fogs.html)

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 01:45 PM

Opinion on fogs.

I just got my ebay fogs today, and I'm little pissed off. I ordered the clear ones, and got the yellow ones. Problem is, it looks like I'm going to have to spend $15 or more to send them back, even tho it's their error. So, my question is, what do you guys think, keep the yellow ones and install them, or spend more money and get the clear ones I wanted originally?? I don't hate the yellow, and really I had a hard time deciding what color I wanted when I ordered them. I've added a pic of my car. I know it NADABOH, but I have blacked out headlights in the attic, along with some brand new Tokico blues. I ordered S Techs and an Ingalls camber kit today, so this will be dropped in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm also doing a DIY mesh grill when I pull the bumper off to install the fogs and headlights. Also of note, the headlights I will be installing have a clear reflector, not amber, if that makes a difference with your opinion on the fogs.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/DSCN2274.jpg

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 01:47 PM

Re: Opinion on fogs.

The stickers are also coming off the window as part of the spring makeover. The window visors are staying, tho.

So.Ill.EM2 04-07-2007 01:55 PM

if you're going for the silver/black look, you could throw it off with the yellows. plus, i think a crisp white beam always looks better than a yellow hue.

just my .02

blackonblack 04-07-2007 01:59 PM

yellows might not look that bad with blacked out heads. i say keep them

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by jjohn6438 (Post 4171077)
if you're going for the silver/black look, you could throw it off with the yellows. plus, i think a crisp white beam always looks better than a yellow hue.

just my .02

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going for. When i get the lights/grill done, and the suspension, i'm getting a type R lip and rs sides, in black. I'm afraid you're right about the yellow thowing everything off.

However, the opinions are tied now.

estebomb_ftw 04-07-2007 02:14 PM

NADABOH xD.

Get clear ones and sell those ones. Yellow fogs on a silver car is eh.

JMUCivic03 04-07-2007 02:33 PM

Well the way I see it is that there are really only 2 good points to having "yellow" fogs. The first is to get a "JDM" or foreign look. The second is to have yellow light because real yellow light, although lower in kelvin rating actually puts out more lumens (usually). Since those ebay "yellow" fogs are just tinted yellow glass and are probably going to have a white buld behind em, they probably arent going to have any increased lumen output over the plain white foglights. Also since you wanted the white ones in thest place, this tells me you didnt really want the whole yellow-foreign look. Since these are the two major reasons one would really buy the yellow tinted ones, and you dont fit the bill on either, I would go with the clear ones and leave a negative feedback. Look at it this way, if you get the clear ones and decide to go yellow, you could always stick some luminics or nokya h11 yellow bulbs in there.

EggRollBandit05 04-07-2007 02:44 PM

Dont send them back I'm sure someone from this site would buy them off you.

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 02:48 PM

Well, they were $58 + $17 shipping. Anyone want them for that price?? Let me know. All the wires are still twist tied, the plastic protector is still on the lens.

TRIZ 04-07-2007 02:57 PM

I just put my fogs in the other day. There are two types of yellow- the actual yellow lense, or the ion-yellow lense. I have the ions. From some angles they look blue, from others they look yellow, others they look white- they are kinda trippey. I have a rallye red em2, 01. Let me post some pics for you in a little bit, so maybe u can get an idea.

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:03 PM

Yeah, I know about the ion lenses. These are just straight yellow. They look yellow from all angles. I'm really thinking they aren't gonna look good on my silver/black car. I do like the yellow on the red vics, tho.

italy273 04-07-2007 03:07 PM

What ebay member did you purchase them from???

Let us know how the install goes if you decide to keep them

Honda2k4 04-07-2007 03:10 PM

i think they only have one kind of yellow lense for 04-05s, i have only seen one kind

and i think yellow would look better than the clear ones, just my opinion

marcuse 04-07-2007 03:12 PM

Black out the headlights

put a higher grade 55 watt bulb in both the fogs and it will burn them to white. Sounds ghetto but it really worked for me.

TRIZ 04-07-2007 03:13 PM

Well, it wont let me link to the images apparently. Here are some flix from the other day when I went for a drive in the country. Car is kinda dirty kuz I drove back to college, and then just hit a whole bunch of bugs on my drive, but these are the first pics I took since I installed my fogs since last

If you have the tinted yellow lense, then get the clears. If you have the ion ones, they will look fine. I've seen a few yellow fogs on the newer em2, and they look really outta place, like yellow teeth- the bumper looks like a smile to me, lol. :tdown:

I have the ions, as I said. I have the nokya hyper yellows in there, what an amazing difference!! The bulbs are higher wattage then the ones that come in the ebay kit, but the wiring can handle it- already ran the numbers. I dont know if the later 7th gens are the same, but on my 01, there is a pre-existing wire though the firewall, It starts under your passanger headlight, blue/red with a brown connector- probably covered in dirt at this point, and the other end is just infront of the cup holders, under the center console, taped to the wire harness. Made life easier for me, was pretty damn happy I found it- Felt like I was learning the female anatomy all over again :p

get at me if u need help

ps... whatever seller u got them from, its their responsibility to ship you the correct product. If they messed up- they need to pay for the shipping to correct it. Shoot them an email- ask them to send you one of thoes prepaid postage things you print off your computer and you'll get it back to them. If they refuse, thats what ebay customer service is for. Point being, these are the rules of the game, and they should loose, not you.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/234/4...e2a0a6.jpg?v=0

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by marcuse (Post 4171118)
Black out the headlights

put a higher grade 55 watt bulb in both the fogs and it will burn them to white. Sounds ghetto but it really worked for me.

I can see that working on the 02 fogs, i guess, but because the design/size of the 04-05 lens, i don't see that being a wonderful idea. i'd have yellow lens, with a white spot in the middle.

TRIZ 04-07-2007 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by marcuse (Post 4171118)
Black out the headlights

The egay stocks are 55watts, the nokya's are 80watts, they make a world of difference. If you want white, you can use 80watts and have it still be safe.

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by italy273 (Post 4171114)
What ebay member did you purchase them from???

Let us know how the install goes if you decide to keep them

They were purchased from x3Racing. The quality of the lights themselves seems decent. The switch and harnesses are questionable. I'm probably not going to end up installing these.

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TRIZ (Post 4171125)
The egay stocks are 55watts, the nokya's are 80watts, they make a world of difference. If you want white, you can use 80watts and have it still be safe.

these egay lights are marked "H8 12V 35W" maybe the 01-03 fogs are 55W??

IrockCivics 04-07-2007 03:22 PM

I just order a pair too because my fuse box melted on my other set and I dont know why.

TRIZ 04-07-2007 03:22 PM

oh shit really? dammmmn. :tdown:!!!

Yellow lense :tdown:

seller-paid shipping for correct product :tup:

gearbox 04-07-2007 03:25 PM

i think yellow would look better and nicer at night too(and legal)

marcuse 04-07-2007 03:39 PM

lol legal... like it honestly will matter gearbox.

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:49 PM

too bad i can't add a pole to this thread. it's getting hard to keep track of which color is winning. i think yellow would look cool at night, but during the day, white would be better. I guess i'm still undecided. If the seller on ebay cooperates, or if anyone here ends up wanting the yellow ones, i'll go with white. otherwise, i may just keep these. who knows. keep the opinions coming.

gearbox 04-07-2007 03:51 PM

i got pulled over for driving with white fogs on in the city so i guess it did matter lol

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 03:53 PM

^weird. i've never heard of that happening before. is that an IL law? 'cause it happens all the time in NY.

HyeHonda05 04-07-2007 04:03 PM

get the yellow fogs...im getting those when I get back from school...I think they look hot...

Suzy Q 04-07-2007 04:38 PM

they don't make ion yellow fogs for 04-05.
I don't see anything wrong with putting yellow fogs on silver car. Go for it. I like how rabbi's looks, check out pix of his car.

TurismoDreamin 04-07-2007 05:22 PM

I don't think yellow on a silver car would look bad at all. Yellow is a great contrast for this scheme.

I know this is a Fit and not a Civic, but it's still nonetheless...and it has yellow fogs. I think it looks great.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...002_4_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...02_13_full.jpg

AmbulanceMonkee 04-07-2007 05:27 PM

Hmm, now you got me thinking. Maybe that, with yellow high beams??