Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   which will you pick!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/290508-will-you-pick.html)

ex civic 02-17-2007 05:33 PM

which will you pick!!

GREDDY EVO2 or DC TCS? for 05 ex

i have searched and looking into threads about exhausts and i still can make up my mind, it came down to this two...from what i have read they both provide a deep sound and some gains..but which one is the has the deepest sound (when you want it to be loud) and which one will provide more than the other??
ANY BODY WITH EITHER EXHAUST OR HAD EXPERIENCED WITH EITHER ONE CAN PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFO!!!
some mods. i have are injen cai, megan header, and megan test pipe!!
THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!

mrtrinh 02-17-2007 06:26 PM

i suggest the greddy evo 2, or the apexi n1 if you want loud and deep

LT2004ever 02-17-2007 09:36 PM

most people i have talked to have the evo 2, sounds very nice.

johnbt23 02-17-2007 11:53 PM

i would go with the evo2 or the hks hi-power :tup:

mani_is_kool 02-18-2007 12:02 AM

Note being rude or nething but I would like to know if brand names make a difference in Exhaust systems that much ? Please let me know like What would be an estimate power gain in HP with one of the above choices writen by the poster and an estimate power gain by a regular 2.25inch piping swap with a magnaflow muffler?

I know INTAKES make a huge difference coz I my self have an AemV2 ut i wasnt sure abt the Exhaust thingy coz its all related to the AIR EXIT term.

Thank u

Da1lyDr1ver 02-18-2007 12:43 AM

if you want deep, go with the Greddy. but to my knowledge, they dont make the DC TCS exhaust anymore (its the twin loop design right?).

^^^
anyways, brand name and generic exhaust systems dont make that much of a difference on OUR cars. you can probably expect a max of 5WHP with an exaust system. and that "gains" you have with your intake are all in your head, i'm sure of it.

ex civic 02-18-2007 12:56 PM

thanks everyone for the info.

it seems that everyone agrees with the GREDDY EVO2 and or HKS does any one not recommend getting that exhaust(GREEDY)?? its alot of money for an exhaust system so i wanna spend my money on a good exhaust..

any more info about which to pick will be very helpful THANK YOU!!
GREDDY EVO2, HKS HIGH FLOW, OR DC TCS!!!

ex civic 02-18-2007 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver (Post 4146569)
if you want deep, go with the Greddy. but to my knowledge, they dont make the DC TCS exhaust anymore (its the twin loop design right?).

^^^
anyways, brand name and generic exhaust systems dont make that much of a difference on OUR cars. you can probably expect a max of 5WHP with an exaust system. and that "gains" you have with your intake are all in your head, i'm sure of it.

yup its the twin loop, and i can get one for $500 but dont know if its the best choice!?

mrtrinh 02-18-2007 03:19 PM

my suggestion though, don't waste your money on greddy or hks... these are great exhaust systems and everything but you won't get much gains from them. Buy a universal muffler and get custom piping done (2 1/4). You will save a lot of money:sweet:

LilWannabeJdm 02-18-2007 03:47 PM

^^ troi oi LOL

i say go with the GREDDY EVO2 and you will like it..worth the money?hmm it depend on you if you think it worth it or not....i like the Evo2,,it sound deep and look good..i happen to have it on my car right now..LOL

xxxcivic2001 02-18-2007 06:40 PM

YouTube - 2001 Honda Civic EX

evo2 i'm looking into a new exhaust my evo2 is just too ricey for me