Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   RSX Rear Seats Installed (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/289645-rsx-rear-seats-installed.html)

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 10:46 AM

RSX Rear Seats Installed

still messy from the foam and usual dirt lol...dremel is your best friend...went through 5 grind disks lol, still need to pull back the cloth and secure it to the metal seat shell with zip ties and pull the seat belts through

approx estimated completion time: 5 hours

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...87/RSXREAR.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...7/RSXREAR1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...7/RSXREAR2.jpg

LT2004ever 01-29-2007 10:56 AM

let me be the first to say..... "very nice" (repped)

and i bet someone is gonna ask "y not the leather seats?"

Michalo187 01-29-2007 10:57 AM

looks baller!

mikenam 01-29-2007 10:57 AM

can u still fold the seats down? and it seems like ur missing seat belts, do the seatbelts have to be taken out? i think leather would have been worth the swap but its nicer than the stock seats. gj.

woops didnt' read about the pulling the seatbelt through.

Devani 01-29-2007 11:03 AM

good job

burke420 01-29-2007 11:06 AM

do the rears sit lower now? now you can ride 4 deep only now! looks good though!

LT2004ever 01-29-2007 11:07 AM

btw, what year r those?

djrabbi 01-29-2007 11:10 AM

04 rsx seats???? looks good

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 11:12 AM

i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..plus the deal for these was not to miss..got everything for $250, yea the seats do sit a little bit lower, but you can't notice unless you point it out. The seats loose their fold down ability, it would take some welding and lots of customization for the seats to keep their folding capability because our stock seats have the lock on top of the seat while the RSX has them on the side plus your stockers are 60/40 ratio while RSX is 50/50. The seats are out of an 02' RSX that was crashed, had to replace the seat belt buckle tensioners from the front seats so my SRS light would not stay on.

PitchBlack 01-29-2007 11:42 AM

nice work man! just sold my leather seats...never had the motivation to put them in my car, decided to go body kit instead.

CrewChief 01-29-2007 02:16 PM

I have the DC5 black suede rear seats in mine. Yes you can still keep the fold up and down ability but you have to be very carefull when you Cut them down to fit. I have mine cut so close to the sides that you have to close them at the same time and they fit so tight they wont fall down on you even though they dont lock in. I'll try to post pics up when I get home.

estebomb_ftw 01-29-2007 02:28 PM

Looks good bro. Don't think I could get seats that didn't fold down. If you ever need to fold them down for something, sucks. Stock rear seats ftw! Those do look sexy though with your fronts.

speedingslowly 01-29-2007 02:29 PM

good looks on NOT getting leather, its always hot in summer, cold in winter, and it barely holds u in place on sharp turns. good job, very clean.

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 03:39 PM

Thanks for all the good feedback...yea id kinda get pissed in the summer when i would sit down and the hot leather would singe my ass lol...i barely use the function of putting my seats down...unless you have a dead body in your trunk lol.

vacivic2005 01-29-2007 03:44 PM

looks great man, i have the same setup, except in leather :)

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by V-tek (Post 4136891)
i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..plus the deal for these was not to miss..got everything for $250, yea the seats do sit a little bit lower, but you can't notice unless you point it out. The seats loose their fold down ability, it would take some welding and lots of customization for the seats to keep their folding capability because our stock seats have the lock on top of the seat while the RSX has them on the side plus your stockers are 60/40 ratio while RSX is 50/50. The seats are out of an 02' RSX that was crashed, had to replace the seat belt buckle tensioners from the front seats so my SRS light would not stay on.

oh snaps! since you brought up the seat belt buckle tensioners thingy, it could be the reason why my srs is light on.. but still doesnt make any sense lol, is that the strap? or the seatbelt buckle catch clip or watever you call it.

and as for everyone having rsx leather, to be honest.. i dont see alot of people having them.. except me which one of the reason why i went for 05rsx seats leather cause thats is something different than everyone else.. i believe iam one of the first one here that had it.:rockon:

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08 (Post 4137004)
oh snaps! since you brought up the seat belt buckle tensioners, thats prolly why my srs is light on.. but still doesnt make any sense lol, is that the strap? or the seatbelt buckle catch clip or watever you call it.

and as for everyone having rsx leather, to be honest.. i dont see alot of people having them.. except me which one of the reason why i went for 05rsx seats leather cause thats is something different than everyone else.. i believe iam one of the first one here that had it.:rockon:

if you did the SRS reset with the paper clip and the light is still on, you have bad seat belt buckle tensioners which means the car you got the seats out of was in an accident, the seat belt buckle tensioners are the things on your seat that you snap your belt into, its part of the SRS system, cause when you get into an accident it tells the SRS that you have your seat belt on and it makes the seatbelt tension so you stick to your seat....luckily our stock 7thgen seat belt buckle tensioner are a more or less direct swap, i have made a DIY that on another forum which im more active in, here is the link.

[Civic] DIY: How to fix SRS light that will not go off after RSX Seat Install - Import Passion Forums

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 04:47 PM

holy snaps.. this do help out alot lot.. dang it i hope this is the answer for my SRS light on. thanks bro. i hope this works. i tried the paper clip reset a million times and iam 100% sure know how to do it since i swapped alot of different steering wheel before.

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08 (Post 4137029)
holy snaps.. this do help out alot lot.. dang it i hope this is the answer for my SRS light on. thanks bro. i hope this works. i tried the paper clip reset a million times and iam 100% sure know how to do it since i swapped alot of different steering wheel before.

If your SRS light was not on before you swapped out your seats, and now it is on when you put your seats in...im 1000% positive it is the seat belt buckle tensioner, because thats all that is being changed of the SRS system when you swap seats

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 04:57 PM

oh yea, the other thing is that my passgener rsx airbag is blown... do i still have to get that replace (new airbag) when i do your DIY "Seat Belt Tensioner".. thanks bro!~

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by V-tek (Post 4137034)
If your SRS light was not on before you swapped out your seats, and now it is on when you put your seats in...im 1000% positive it is the seat belt buckle tensioner, because thats all that is being changed of the SRS system when you swap seats

iam 10000000000%/infinite sure that it my rsx 05 that i got that made my srs light on.. but as my prior post.. do i have to replace that airbag?

susuking 01-29-2007 05:58 PM

jay, u don't need to replace those airbags, as i told you before, they are not there before and ur srs will not be looking for it. and btw, they have a different plug for that side airbag... but about the seat belt tensioner... that could be a possibility.

DaMadScientist 01-29-2007 06:05 PM

side airbags do not matter because they do not hook up, the connectors you have under your seat are the yellow one which is your SRS connector and the grey one is the seat belt indicator light on the guagewhich both connect to the seat belt buckle..just replace your seat belt buckle unit with your stock ones from the 7thgen, do the reset and your golden given that your 7thgen ones are in good shape

svtec 01-29-2007 06:06 PM

looks clean!

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by susuking (Post 4137066)
jay, u don't need to replace those airbags, as i told you before, they are not there before and ur srs will not be looking for it. and btw, they have a different plug for that side airbag... but about the seat belt tensioner... that could be a possibility.

yea.. just makin sure hehe :hgrin: i hope it works ya know.

Originally Posted by V-tek (Post 4137070)
side airbags do not matter because they do not hook up, the connectors you have under your seat are the yellow one which is your SRS connector and the grey one is the seat belt indicator light on the guagewhich both connect to the seat belt buckle..just replace your seat belt buckle unit with your stock ones from the 7thgen, do the reset and your golden given that your 7thgen ones are in good shape

thanks bro, imma do it tonight and i hope everything turns out great. i really appreciate your help bud.

Suzy Q 01-29-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by V-tek (Post 4137070)

Well i dont think the tensioners have 100% something to do with it.
Friday night, i disconnected my battery, took out my stock passenger seat, and installed the passenger rsx seat, using the rsx belt buckle. Reconnected the battery, turn the car on, and the SRS light DID NOT come on.

I drove all day long saturday, the srs light never came on.

Saturday afternoon/evening i did the same exact process on the drivers seat. The srs light came on!

So why did it come on with the drivers seat installed and not the passengers seat? :screwy:

ohsnapsjay08 01-29-2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Suzy Q (Post 4137095)
Well i dont think the tensioners have 100% something to do with it.
Friday night, i disconnected my battery, took out my stock passenger seat, and installed the passenger rsx seat, using the rsx belt buckle. Reconnected the battery, turn the car on, and the SRS light DID NOT come on.

I drove all day long saturday, the srs light never came on.

Saturday afternoon/evening i did the same exact process on the drivers seat. The srs light came on!

So why did it come on with the drivers seat installed and not the passengers seat? :screwy:

as what he said early (or wrote) that if the seats you got from was in an accident, then its good game. so it might be that your driver seat has blown airbag before and they just replaced it to a new one. meaning if you have blown airbag... then the tensioner is out also. (on time use for accident lol) how is it coming along btw?

Suzy Q 01-29-2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08 (Post 4137107)
as what he said early (or wrote) that if the seats you got from was in an accident, then its good game. so it might be that your driver seat has blown airbag before and they just replaced it to a new one. meaning if you have blown airbag... then the tensioner is out also. (on time use for accident lol) how is it coming along btw?

It went very well. I managed to do it by myself. :rofl:
Oh and the seats didnt come from a car in a wreck. The guy i got them from took them out of his car bc he got Recaros. So yeah im still confused..:_doh:

EM2 Shinobi 01-29-2007 07:26 PM

sweet, looks good

sl33pyriceboi 01-29-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by V-tek (Post 4136891)
i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..

ahaha......yea...........theres a REASON why everyone gets RSX leather...cuz its NICe n it feels good...

leather is a must for me.......