Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   How screwed am I?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/288129-how-screwed-am-i.html)

Dieselboy 12-28-2006 11:25 PM

How screwed am I??

Bought a O5 Civic Ex Se... automatic a year ago..
bummed because I prolly should have got the f'in stik.. but SE not come in Stik... anyways how screwed performance wise am i (even considering the fact that I can redline 1st and the redline 2nd manually then onto 3rd and 4th)
(I'm thinking I prolly slowpoke off the line.. what you think?)
also thinking about 1st mods being AEM Pully kit and the Grounding wires
I bought a short ram (in colorado, rains too much) but im not happy with the fit...so I'm switching to diff manufacturer.
then Tien Coilovers and Konig 18" Unknown's
then comes N1 exh and DC Hdrz
and then Turbo

BRED civic 12-28-2006 11:39 PM

nice mods but your screwed its still a slushbox

sl33pyriceboi 12-28-2006 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselboy (Post 4120513)
Bought a O5 Civic Ex Se... automatic a year ago..
bummed because I prolly should have got the f'in stik.. but SE not come in Stik... anyways how screwed performance wise am i (even considering the fact that I can redline 1st and the redline 2nd manually then onto 3rd and 4th)
(I'm thinking I prolly slowpoke off the line.. what you think?)
also thinking about 1st mods being AEM Pully kit and the Grounding wires
I bought a short ram (in colorado, rains too much) but im not happy with the fit...so I'm switching to diff manufacturer.
then Tien Coilovers and Konig 18" Unknown's
and then Turbo

first of all, u drive a civic....ur screwd no matter if u have a manual or auto or airplane wings on it....

second....bold on = minimal HP and performance gains...

third......most decent SR are teh same in performance...

fourth...teins are fine...keep in mind 18s will decrease ur performance becuse of its weight (unless u get grams)

fith.....if u want performance, just blow ur car... or jsut get a k20 manual swap.

lxcivic2k1 12-28-2006 11:41 PM

Turbo may eat up the tranny if you get high enough in the power range, but we do have some auto guys running some good numbers. But the 5-speed would have been better for turbo. Without turbo it doesn't matter, its still gonna be slow.

mugenman 12-29-2006 12:39 PM

autos are slow thats just a fact you have to deal with. mine is slow as hell ive even dyoned it 104 hp 93 lbs of tq and thats an ex with bolt ons

Alpha 5 12-29-2006 12:47 PM

I say make it look good and accept the fact that it is SLOW.

Kevbotron 12-29-2006 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselboy (Post 4120513)
and then Turbo

can anyone tell me what's wrong w/ this picture:screwy:

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:12 PM

F

I don't expect to get massive amounts of power outta this thing
Bolt on parts are a temporary solution untill I can get my APR Lowered on an EVo... your right about making it look nice though... the 04 and 05 civics have a nice bodystyle to it allready.. with a drop and some konigs -- i want to also add some skirts and a rear bumper.. I dig the OEM front as it is.
IMO the 06 civic look like f'in vacume cleaners to me... the steerting wheel and int design is just boney lookin.
anyways thx for the productive feedback.:hithead:

tuningmycivic 12-29-2006 03:16 PM

header is useless to buy if you plan to boost...save that 300 bucks and put it toward boosting sooner

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:16 PM

oh yeh.. i kinda regret buying a xbox 360 and 2400$ klipsch speakers for the house but that's life eyh? I think it's gonna cost like $300-700 for the suspension job making drop + rims = 2700
swim in debt with me

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:28 PM

Grey Civic--- some of the wheel visualizers suck (ratio is off)

Blk rims
Grey rims
or
Chrome??
I was lookign at the Unknown's by Konig they offer the best of both worlds

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:29 PM

K20 swap quote

Any past experiences with the outcome of swapping for a K20?
And Price??

RHCP0801 12-29-2006 03:30 PM

dont get chrome wheels at all, just lower the car yourself....its so easy and there is DIY on this site

RHCP0801 12-29-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselboy (Post 4120676)
Any past experiences with the outcome of swapping for a K20?
And Price??

it depends, average is between $5,000-$10,000 when its all said and done

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:35 PM

Cutting springs and blowing shocks and fking up alignment...neh
i'd rather be patient and have an all-round nice set-up..
I drove mo GF's Brothers 02' M3 with billstien's... 333hp...that thing is BAD ASS!
SMG tranny is kinda retarded..i rather have a clutch on it

RHCP0801 12-29-2006 03:38 PM

when did i say anything about cutting springs?

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 03:46 PM

You didn't did you? okay..i'll check it out...If i can work on copiers than I can prolly work on car...after all, I was able to figure out how to install intake ah hahahahaha ah ahahahaha ah hahah uh uh hoho ehh.

RHCP0801 12-29-2006 03:48 PM

click here https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...info-pics.html

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 04:17 PM

I think i'm capable of that... so then how can I be assured that when adjusting the ride heigth that all sides are equal?? or am I asking a retarded question?

Michalo187 12-29-2006 04:37 PM

If you go turbo you will be happy. Autos are great for turbo and are usually more reliable. If you don't wanna turbo than swap. If not then sell the bitch and get something else.

Matteo 12-29-2006 05:44 PM

hey man, Im auto and magnesium grey color civic. I got the same prob. Ive done bolt-ons and suspension. Im thinking of spending like a grand on auto tranny stuff to make it shift a hell of a lot better and make the tranny last longer. - Overhaul kit, B&M auto tranny cooler, B&M tranny filter.

That will help a bunch ive heard. Also, I have 17" konig trouble(5-spoke) wheels with Yokohama Parada spec-2 tires that Im thinking of selling becuase I want to get grey rims. I really need to post some pics of my car on this site..i will sometime, but the konig's I have really look nice on my 4dr :)

If you go with Konig's, I would go with the 5-spoke Trouble wheels for sure (and the wheels that have the silver spokes with the dark grey color on the sides of them, instead of the light silver on the sides!)

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 06:07 PM

18"'s and performance... I think the konig unknowns are light... any way to alter for anti rub execution proclamarion?
i think with my drop I just want gap to be less visible..
just orderd blk powder grill set for upper and lower grill

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 06:09 PM

Suggestions

Suspension--
Other than the basic Tien coilovers
anybody know of a good value set of adjustable coilovers that you don't have to spend $$$$ on?

ESK1k20A2 12-29-2006 07:42 PM

k20a2 so far 5500 I got the whole car 6000 miles on it .
another 1200 for wire harness and K-pro.So far I got the seats front and rear in my car front and rear suspencion I still got to send the wire harness and ECU to hasport and hondata after that another 2500 and some change for a supercharger

2002civicLX2002 12-29-2006 07:51 PM

i hate to burst any bubbles, but 7thgens are not fast, even with some mods they are still really slow. i say, save up and buy a fast car if u want to go fast and drive the civic for its looks and gas mileage.

TheGeneralLee 12-29-2006 08:32 PM

i never understood why people just rag on civics when they bought the car themselves and yet they find the time to fix the car and waste the money on it when they say that their are better cars out there. use that money to buy it then! honda is a very reliable car with gas and mileage. dont get mad at me, check it out yourselves look throughout the forums and you'll see it. my 2 cents

2002civicLX2002 12-29-2006 08:35 PM

im not ragging on civics, i own one and am very proud to own one. but i know its not fast and i know it never will be. my next car will be a honda but i have them for looks and gas mileage and of course reliabilty, not speed.

lxcivic2k1 12-29-2006 08:49 PM

I say upgrade the suspension then make it look nice and be done. Save money for the next car. I'm done with my vic besides maybe springs. My civic is used to get me thro college with good gas mileage and reliability. After I'm done with college I plan on getting an STI or something along the lines of turbo/awd.

Dieselboy 12-29-2006 09:05 PM

schamoona

yeah, everybody's right... f the performance mods... just make it look nice... and when some assclown pulls up to race.....just rev my engine and turn up the music and then...nothing... let them waste all of their gas and effort struggling to win in some imaginary world they made up.....
but it is irritating... i'm from cali so im used to seeing nice civics and shiz.. moved to colorado and all the kids are gay or drive fords with their stupid ass broncos crap...:hithead:

lxcivic2k1 12-29-2006 10:47 PM

yea, I've had cars rev at me. This pos mustang reved at me and I just laughed at him, but don't know if he saw me thro my tint (35% and at night) but I just cranked my system and waited for the light to change and watch him chug some gas :)