Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   What kind of battery? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/286145-what-kind-battery.html)

Str8UpCivic 12-13-2006 03:59 PM

What kind of battery?

Ok so I have an 05 civic ex and I just installed my system... I have a capacitor but I heard eventually I should just get a new battery along with keeping the capacitor installed so my stock battery doesn't die out on me. My question is: is it necessary for me to replace the stock battery asap (because i am eventually going to) or can I wait a little while. My next question is what kind of battery will fit, what battery will work best, and where can I get it? Thanks for all the help in advance!
P.S. the system is 2, 12 inch poineer subs. 760w pioneer amp. and the Pioneer DEH-P3800MP head unit.

thanks a lot!!

gizcivic 12-13-2006 04:10 PM

I had my stock battery for 5yrs with a 1500+ system and I just changed it
to a yellow top

Str8UpCivic 12-13-2006 04:24 PM

were u able to put it all the way up with no problem nd wut not? nd where did u get ur battery from? and im assuming it fit with no problem?!
thanks-

01EXGUY 12-13-2006 04:36 PM

i got my yellow top from sears. im not sure about other years but on my 01 the yellowtop placed the battery terminals towards the front of the car instead of towards the rear, so my hood prop would not snap down in place because it was sitting on the positive battery terminal, so i just took my hood prop off for now until i have the time to extend the battery cables. also, dont just go to advance or wherever and get the yellowtop they have, i had to have a special yellowtop made i guess just for civics and other foreign cars. its smaller than the other yellowtops, a lot more narrow too. very good battery though.

Str8UpCivic 12-13-2006 04:54 PM

ya i heard that the civics battery is extremely small and only a few batteries will fit. i heard the gel? batteries fit? does neone have any clue on those. and how much im looking to spend for a battery.
thanks-

carter 12-13-2006 05:13 PM

My 05 Civic Sedan i know its got like a very rectangular prisim battery. Got ROcfordfosgate 800RMS amp and a kicker cvx 12" going... with 1 farad cap only thing im worried about when i play it loud the car rattles all over the trunk i took care of it with cardboard :) alot lol, but the hood even rattles? So ive turned it down. Im probably going ot invest in Dynamat if it really is worth the money.

Nameless 12-13-2006 05:19 PM

I've had my system in for 3 years now on my now 5 year old battery and its still going. I'm sure its getting a lot weaker now so I'll have to replace soon but most regular batteries last about 5 years.

gizcivic 12-13-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Str8UpCivic (Post 4104331)
were u able to put it all the way up with no problem nd wut not? nd where did u get ur battery from? and im assuming it fit with no problem?!
thanks-

yes
yes

BRED civic 12-13-2006 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by carter (Post 4104360)
My 05 Civic Sedan i know its got like a very rectangular prisim battery. Got ROcfordfosgate 800RMS amp and a kicker cvx 12" going... with 1 farad cap only thing im worried about when i play it loud the car rattles all over the trunk i took care of it with cardboard :) alot lol, but the hood even rattles? So ive turned it down. Im probably going ot invest in Dynamat if it really is worth the money.

Get Fat Mat its exactly the same thing, but its way easier to install and its way easier on the wallet.

ps. Get yellow top, just custom fab a battery holster

Str8UpCivic 12-13-2006 06:20 PM

so yellow top is the best for our cars keeping the price moderate?

tinman 12-13-2006 06:22 PM

They make a yellow top that fits our cars EXACTLY. I have one. Sears.

=_JAFO_= 12-13-2006 06:25 PM

Yellow top should do the trick. my cousin has it in his 6th gen. give it a go and let us know how everything worked out.

dfminc 12-13-2006 06:29 PM

The alternator is more what you have to worry about. The battery is used mainly to start the car and the alternator provides power to your system when the car is running. What you might want to look into is a high output alternator, but its probably not necessary. If you are set on getting a battery a yellow top would be the best.

dfminc 12-13-2006 06:32 PM

Also dynamat is waste of money if you just want to get rid of rattles. You simply need to isolate the two surfaces vibrating against each other. The purpose of dynamat is to reduce resonance.

Str8UpCivic 12-13-2006 06:47 PM

ok im gonna look at yellow top batteries and hopefully have one or something of that nature by the end of the week or so. ill let u all know how it works out for me. thanks for the help