Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Has anyone ever buy a car from ebay? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/285262-has-anyone-ever-buy-car-ebay.html)

civicPesek 12-04-2006 01:15 AM

Has anyone ever buy a car from ebay?

pros? cons?
i'm thinking about buying a car from ebay from out of state. Anyone have experiences they wanna share? :sweet:

Str8UpCivic 12-04-2006 07:19 AM

I never have but one of my good friends did. I mean when he first told me that he was going to do that I told him no but he did it neway nd it still today has had no problems (hes had the car for a little of a year). He bought the hyudai tibburon with like 60k miles on it for 10gs and the thing runs like a charm. he never has had any problems. the only thing that he had to do was drive about 3 1/2 hours to get it. I mean if u do by a car make sure the car is in good condition nd ur not gonna have to pay a crap load to fix all the problems. Just by from a reliable source and u should be fine.

civic05acer 12-04-2006 07:41 AM

i dont see anything wrong with buying on ebay. you go and see the car. and you could check it out your self. if you do go buy one you should meet him at the sellers house so that if it does break down. then you know where he lives.

bobsagator 12-04-2006 08:33 AM

I bought a CRX for my little brother in law from eBay. Easy transaction. Just be very detailed in the questions you ask. My seller had all paperwork and service records, and told me every problem the car had. I was hoping to keep the car when little brother got thru school, but he thought trading it in for a Ford with a 19% loan was a better idea. So yeah eBay good, little brother not so much!

civicPesek 12-04-2006 10:24 AM

thanks everyone for the response, unfortunately the seller is at Ohio while I'm in Texas, and it's a dealer too. So do you still think it's a good idea to buy it without having look at the actual car? I mean pictures seem nice, I checked the carfax and it's all good, but not test driving the car makes me have second thoughts.

Colombian4Lyf 12-04-2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by civicPesek (Post 4097174)
thanks everyone for the response, unfortunately the seller is at Ohio while I'm in Texas, and it's a dealer too. So do you still think it's a good idea to buy it without having look at the actual car? I mean pictures seem nice, I checked the carfax and it's all good, but not test driving the car makes me have second thoughts.

If the car is giving you second thoughts, then go with that feeling and dont get it. My friend bought a car used off ebay had second thoughts and still got it anyway. He has problems with it now, not trying to scare you, but that gut feeling is always there for something. Hope that helped.

Rufus 12-04-2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by bobsagator (Post 4097123)
So yeah eBay good, little brother not so much!

lol nice

Erikwithak86 12-04-2006 12:07 PM

You're making my head hurt. Why would you buy a car without driving it first?

bobsagator 12-04-2006 12:44 PM

I bought the CRX from the owner, I would be more leary about buying from a dealer. They'll tell you anything.