Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Punks breaking my window and trying to steal my stuff!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/284992-punks-breaking-my-window-trying-steal-my-stuff.html)

christmaspie 11-30-2006 12:31 PM

Punks breaking my window and trying to steal my stuff!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Two nights ago someone smashed in my driver's window and tried to steal my deck. My alarm went off but I didn't hear it, this happened sometime between 2:30AM - 8AM. Pictures are included, they left some interesting pry marks on the dash. The only solace I can take is that they got nothing at all, and everything still works. I will be adding a second shock sensor, tilt sensor, and a couple of sirens in case they want to come at me again. Punks.

kuNhoHan 11-30-2006 12:33 PM

damn ... glad nothing got jacked tho

slowwhitecivic 11-30-2006 12:47 PM

man..im really gettin tired of them punk ass bitches that steal...but thats good they didnt take anything...i wish that was the case when they broke into my car...i would at least still be cool.

Mralbino 11-30-2006 01:10 PM

*******s.... at least they didnt take anything.... My TR Front lip got stolen like 2 weeks ago... I was ****ing pissed!

Mr_Plenty 11-30-2006 01:20 PM

damn thats messed up...but you still apparently got your shyt...but wtf with people stealing lips from cars are they sic or what? how did they take it off mralbino

AmbulanceMonkee 11-30-2006 01:26 PM

this is getting rediculous. at least once a week, there is a thread about someone getting their shit stolen. why are so many people in this world incapable of getting jobs and buying stuff like the rest of us. if i ever caught someone breaking into my car, i'd be in jail, and they'd be horizontal in a cooler. my last car got broken into, and they took a pry bar to my stereo. it was destroyed, and they didn't even get it out. i don't understand the point of that. if you're going to steal something, at least be competent enough to actually steal it. /rant

Mralbino 11-30-2006 01:30 PM

well...its kind of my fault, i only had it held in with 4 self-tapping screws at the end of the bumper by the wheel wells. But i ordered a new one and installed it 2 days ago, So this time i screwed it in, bolted the back of the screws, and i put on screw covers so you cant see the screw, So i doubt somebody is going to take the time to take my lip now, especially at night. Haha.... Now whenever i park im going to turn my wheels so you cant get a screwdriver in there... LMAO, i just thought of that now.

ian01ex 11-30-2006 02:01 PM

I'm glad they couldnt get anything from you. You should go to an alarm place and see if yours can have a pager hooked up to it so that you will wake up next time? On a side note I heard an alarm chirping last night and saw a car chillin with his parking lights on at 4 in the morning outside my apartment. Called the cops on them. I don’t care if it is coincidence if someone is suspicious I report them. Being jacked once will make you a little neurotic.

jester444 11-30-2006 02:03 PM

The didn't get anything cause the methodology for removing the head unit is so complicated. (removing lower panel to drop out screws holding in center panel)

christmaspie 11-30-2006 02:07 PM

It is a 2-way but me and my girl were completely out at the time because we didn't hear anything until I woke up in the morning to my remote beeping. I knew it wasn't good because I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of false alarms. Anyway, I guess I couldn't be more happy they didn't get anything at all. The fact I had the radio ISO mounted instead of with a sleeve thru the kit helped. The smash and grab job is one of the hardest to defend against. I have to think the interior sirens did a good job of deterring them, the radar detector was still sitting on the windshield in the morning. Definitely a bunch of amateurs.

jester444 11-30-2006 02:09 PM

As opposed to those profession thiefs that smash windows...

jonjon81 11-30-2006 02:22 PM

**** that shit..sorry that happened..

Rufus 11-30-2006 04:24 PM

Been there done that. Ugh I hate theives

SOAD 11-30-2006 04:33 PM

they definatley had no idea what they were doing

Tyco 12-01-2006 09:02 AM

All I can say is dont get to crazy if you find out who did it.

One of mu buddies got his brand new set of kicker comps jacked. When he found out who did it, he wne to kids house and torched his blazer with gasoline.

grn2k1civic 12-01-2006 09:10 AM

^^^^^^^^LOL at that!!! Thats how you do it.

Also ****ing people are stupid these days. If you are going to steal a deck at least do it right fricken IDIOTS!!! Its a 5 minute job if you know what you are doing lol.

diskreet 12-01-2006 09:13 AM

That sucks, but it could have been much worse!

eye_see_you 12-01-2006 09:49 AM

sorry people its almost x-mas and they still do crap like this.. I'm glad I keep mine in my garage I guess

kasimmmmm 12-01-2006 09:51 AM

do you live in a good neighborhood?

christmaspie 12-01-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm (Post 4094906)
do you live in a good neighborhood?

If that's directed at me I would answer with a not so hot but I have a garage at my place. This happened when I was on the street outside of my girl's place. She lives in St. Paul right on the UofMN campus so it's supposed to be a decent neighborhood. Plus, this was a Tuesday night. Looks like I'm parking in the ramp and hoofing it from now on.

boxcarracer 12-01-2006 11:02 AM

i like the fact they went for the dash kit first lmfao.....its really not that hard to steal our radios....2 screws on the bottom....and then panel pop the sides......he should keep his day job.

I was thinking of putting a siren in the car....or behind the radio....just put 3 sirens one they can cut then one in the car and last one behind the rear bumper. bwahaha

redrocket600 12-01-2006 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by boxcarracer (Post 4094947)
i like the fact they went for the dash kit first lmfao.....its really not that hard to steal our radios....2 screws on the bottom....and then panel pop the sides......he should keep his day job.

EXACTLY what I was thinking! StupidMFOs! Looks like you'll be replacing that panel :mad:... I'm suprised they wouldn't take the radar detector though??

jester444 12-01-2006 12:25 PM

Again, they were a bunch of incompetent dumbasses. We've been over this. Repeatedly. Can we move on now?