Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Somebody just busted my rear side window... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/281681-somebody-just-busted-my-rear-side-window.html)

spilot 10-13-2006 12:18 AM

Somebody just busted my rear side window...

...on my 2-door EX. He/she/they tried to get my cd player out, but couldn't. Nothing got stolen, so I'm thinking it would be cheaper to go around my insurance company, and $250 deductable? Would my insurance rate go up (since it's not an accident, and it wasn't my fault i don't see why it should, but knowing those scammers....) Any tips from experienced with that sort of thing, or any word of advice? How much does it cost etc. Thanks a lot in advance!

sKwiD 10-13-2006 05:14 AM

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago... except it was both of my front door windows. I don't have full coverage anymore, only liability, so it came out of my own pocket to fix it. Only cost me $250 for both windows, installed. As for insurance rate going up, I'm not sure, but if you can get it fixed for cheaper than your deductible then do that for sure. Rear side window to get your deck? What an idiot! Was he trying to get like a regular walkman CD player? What an idiot.

You got it better than me. I got my entire radio bezel taken out, sub and amp taken, and my camcorder... Anyway, I feel you. Shit happens. Good luck.

02droppedex 10-13-2006 07:00 AM

Insurance shouldn't go up. It is filed under comprehensive. But it all depends on your insurance company. When my ride got broken into both times I didn't have any raises in my insurance. That sucks bout your ride.

russo-r34 10-13-2006 09:55 AM

Your insurance will not change at all. My car got broken into about three months ago, where my TV, Deck, PS2 and V-tech controller and Autometer Gauges were stolen. I am with TD Bank and i have full coverage, unfortunately my deductable is 500 Canadian. Well... not only did they pay for everything that got stolen, also paid for my rental for two weeks, because my door locks had to be replaced and doors repainted. My rate did not change at all.

1sykcivic 10-13-2006 10:37 AM

^^Vtech controller eh, whered you get yours!

simplicated1979 10-13-2006 11:11 AM

time to invest in a chainsaw and bazooka...if i only catch them mofo's in the act...they will make a documentary then movie called civic chainsaw massacre...

russo-r34 10-13-2006 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1sykcivic (Post 4064412)
^^Vtech controller eh, whered you get yours!

APEXi

Boods 10-25-2006 04:03 PM

My car was broken into last week, and they took my deck, amp and sub and some other stuff... now my stock radio doesnt have power so i cant use that, and my power door locks only work when the car is running.

did u guys have the same problems with locks and such?

ragingSPAM 10-25-2006 04:12 PM

why would u file an insurance claim for a single window...its like less than $100 for a rear quarter window

Suzy Q 10-25-2006 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by simplicated1979 (Post 4064420)
time to invest in a chainsaw and bazooka...if i only catch them mofo's in the act...they will make a documentary then movie called civic chainsaw massacre...

Buahahaha...and i thought i was the only person to think of devious ways of killing people for trying to touch my car. :tup: :tup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Repped!! ++

Kaden_23 10-27-2006 12:08 PM

I wouldn't claim it, even though it is not your fault your insurance will go up.