Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Finally finished my audio setup, too bad I got jacked last night... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/281406-finally-finished-my-audio-setup-too-bad-i-got-jacked-last-night.html)

sKwiD 10-10-2006 12:17 PM

Finally finished my audio setup, too bad I got jacked last night...

3 Attachment(s)
I'm up late last night at my girlfriend's place doing hw and I hear some banging right outside of my window. I think to myself, hmm, odd that somebody would be opening and closing their hood at 3a.m. Then all of a sudden I hear my alarm go off. About 10 seconds later it stops, so I know for sure I was getting jacked. I run outside and up the street to where my car is and what do you know, two broken windows! Yup, turns out they popped my hood and dislocated my negative, just as I suspected. And the fcukers were about 10 cars ahead of my car hitting them up too! By the time that I decided I would want to do something the bastards drove off. Couldn't see the license plate, but I'm pretty sure the car was a Black Corolla S (i hate Corolla S's). Anyway, I called the cops and they were surprisingly pretty helpful, or at least they took some initiative to do SOMETHING, rather than say oh, tough luck buddy. They got here in less than 10minutes after I called, maybe because I'm in La Jolla (the pearl of San Diego). They finger printed a few spots on my car and then the others too. There were a few flyers posted up around the neighborhood about a "Black Japanese Car, Asian Kids, vandalizing and stealing" stuff, and there was a listed license plate. So I told the cop and he said he'd run the plates. Anyway, here's the damage.

2 broken windows, missing radio console, shift knob gone, right side crossover gone, Alpine Type-S sub and Kenwood amp gone, and my camcorder, which I care most about b/c I have film projects due every week (one tomorrow that I obviously can't do).

Anyway, if you guys have a radio console laying around I would be more than happy to buy it off of you. Expect a part out very soon.

bOoStEd042dr 10-10-2006 12:21 PM

that sucks man...any cars you might be interested in?

sKwiD 10-10-2006 12:26 PM

Nah, my mom just recently paid off this car. I just wanna go back to stock and keep it that way. I would trade the car in for a bike (GSXR) if I could, but that would just get stolen here at UCSD also, no joke. 1 truck, 3 people, lift, gone. I want a luxery car though. It's too fatiguing driving the civic.

Kevbotron 10-10-2006 12:33 PM

Sucks to hear bud, my brother drives a black Corolla S, but he lives in Boston heh. I like the painted esteuceon and guage surrounder thingy.

simplicated1979 10-10-2006 12:43 PM

damn, damn, damn...sorry about that mang....at least they got their finger prints..hopefully something turns up..invest in a chainsaw and bazooka

HONDURA 10-10-2006 12:53 PM

wow that sucks man.....theives should all be burned to death....my car was stolen a week after i had done my $2000 audio setup

djmota 10-10-2006 01:17 PM

sux bro forkin thieves blow. this is exactly the reason that i don't do anything to my system. I can't believe they broke both windows. :hithead:

sl33pyriceboi 10-10-2006 01:25 PM

man.....reading this makes me mad too......sigh

R3DL1N3 10-10-2006 01:29 PM

they even stole your shift knob? what *******s...

blackBDMcivicLX 10-10-2006 01:44 PM

I know there is a company that makes a shatter resistant film for windows. You can get it for house or auto. Basically goes on like tint but you will have to hit it alot to actually get through it. I'll look around to find the name of it. I hope they catch the ****ers.

Rufus 10-10-2006 01:55 PM

Dood, the EXACT thing happened to me at MY girlfriends. Those pictures look ALL TOO familiar. I feel for ya.

EggRollBandit05 10-10-2006 02:01 PM

Hey sorry to hear about your loss, stuff like this always gets me paranoid. Anyways I browse ebay alot and came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...37965221QQrdZ1
might be of some use for you but I'm not sure if the center console is the same for all 7th gens

Rufus 10-10-2006 02:07 PM

dood thats cheap. I have all of the climate controls somewhere that I can send you. Without the hazard button you have no Blinkers. But I can send you the ac stuff for free just pay shipping

Honda_Inspired 10-10-2006 02:19 PM

sorry man.... just looking at the pictures already hurts. Makes me wanna buy a hood lock and a viper paging alarm.

ragingSPAM 10-10-2006 02:21 PM

omg that blows...i would kill whoever did that to my car

ohsnapsjay08 10-10-2006 02:27 PM

yikes.. your the second one on 7thgen for this week.. but your lucky its not the whole car.. but iam sorry to hear for what have happen.

Devani 10-10-2006 03:16 PM

damn that sucks.

realitycheck 10-10-2006 03:43 PM

Why would they break both windows and attract more attention? I can understand one, and then just unlock the other. Looks like they knew what they were doing though, with removing the stuff. That really stinks man, I feel for you. I would be extremely mad.

genexrocket 10-10-2006 05:12 PM

"don't mess with another man's car.."

Bad_Civc 10-10-2006 05:28 PM

that sucks man... just be glad they didnt cut those clips off they at least removed them.. but anyways...

its all replaceable ..

WhiteCastle 10-10-2006 05:42 PM

had to be some punk kids....If they were pros they would have went through the left fender well,(pull it down slightly) slit your hood release than pull it open. Bam hood opens up and they can do what they like freely to your car...

sucks dude! real moral is never let anyone see your shit, always remove your face plate and if you got subs never open your trunk in public

sKwiD 10-10-2006 06:06 PM

Thanks for the condolences guys. My faceplate was actually off. When I first got the car I used to take it with me everywhere I went. As time went by I just started sticking it into the glove box. Trunk was never opened in public, nor did I bump it hard anywhere near where I'm ever going to park. Oh well. Shit happens. Last night's total was 5 cars, not just mine. Mine was the only one that got two windows bashed, but 4 other cars got broken into too. Sucks. Is $65 a good price for a new dash w/ radio? I don't think it comes with a radio code though...

WhiteCastle 10-10-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sKwiD (Post 4062176)
Thanks for the condolences guys. My faceplate was actually off. When I first got the car I used to take it with me everywhere I went. As time went by I just started sticking it into the glove box. Trunk was never opened in public, nor did I bump it hard anywhere near where I'm ever going to park. Oh well. Shit happens. Last night's total was 5 cars, not just mine. Mine was the only one that got two windows bashed, but 4 other cars got broken into too. Sucks. Is $65 a good price for a new dash w/ radio? I don't think it comes with a radio code though...

glove box? everyone puts their deck in the glove box!!:_please: thieves know that... remove it from the car!! thats the lesson.

1_SiK_CiViC 10-10-2006 06:31 PM

Damn that sux. Those F'in BASTARDS..!! I've never had anyone break into my car (knock on wood) but I had an '04 Ninja zx6r and it got jacked when I lived in Vegas. Just like you said "1 truck and 3 guys" that's all it takes. Worse day of my life. I feel for ya bro. Just know that karma will come back for those bastards.

blackBDMcivicLX 10-10-2006 06:59 PM

At least they left your toilet paper :shrug:

em2k3 10-10-2006 07:49 PM

dude that really sucks.f#(k theives!

Kevbotron 10-10-2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by genexrocket (Post 4062124)
"don't mess with another man's car.."

sure thing John Travolta, and that's "vehicle":rofl:

sKwiD 10-10-2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by blackBDMcivicLX (Post 4062241)
At least they left your toilet paper :shrug:

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do without it! I got that Charmin ToGo as a present 3 years ago. Luckily I haven't had to use it yet.

I got theh windows replaced earlier today. $250 for 2 windows, and they came to my house to do it. Other places I called were asking for at least $150/window...

Now I'm contemplating whether or not to part out. That's a hassle too... I'd have to swap somebody stock rims, swap out my springs for stocks, get the wheels re-aligned, have to look at my car without a kit, sell my HKS Axle-Back... What to do...

4III2I 10-10-2006 10:04 PM

damn that happens in la jolla?? i live in san carlos, a few blocks from grossmont community college so if u still wanna sell ur axle back i'm interested.