Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Stolen Exhaust? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/278437-stolen-exhaust.html)

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 07:19 PM

Stolen Exhaust?

Ok you guys will probably think I'm crazy, but I think someone stole my exhaust. I bought my car about 3 months ago. I remember when I first got it, I was just looking the car over and clearly remember seeing DC Sports engraved in the top of the muffler tip. The previous owner also gave me reciepts for all the mods on the car, including a DC Sports cat-back.

Anyway a few weeks after I got the car the radiator broke, so I took it to a local honda dealer to get it fixed, and the next day took it to get smog checked. I noticed it sounded quiter and less throaty after all this work and figured it was because the car was no longer overheating from the bad radiator.

Then today when washing my car, I went to clean dirt off the muffler, only to see Thermal Reasearch & Development engraved on it! :mad: :confused: .
So I figured well maybe they just stole the muffler, but upon checking the rest of the exhaust, I see that too is no longer the nice DC sports one it came with!

I feel like a TOTAL idiot for not actually checking sooner sooner.

Anyway is it even possible that the smog place or honda dealer swapped my dc exhaust out? And do you guys think I should buy another one to replace it?

I'm gonna go cry now :hithead:

xRiCeBoYx 09-11-2006 07:24 PM

hell, i'd keep the thermal r&d one.. thats just a personal preference tho.. :shrug:

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 07:32 PM

The only problem I have with it, is that it's definatly not as loud as the DC one was. I like loud exhausts.
\/\/\/ Here's a pic of the thermal R&D \/\/\/
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8...oad1qq2.th.jpg

RHCP0801 09-11-2006 07:35 PM

ajhdragon had his exhaust stolen..header and all i think, your not the only one

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 07:59 PM

:( , so is thermal R&D a decent brand? cause I might just buy another DC exhaust

AmbulanceMonkee 09-11-2006 08:02 PM

I'd go check the parking lot of the smog check place. See if anyone is rockng a new used dc sports exhaust on a civic in the employee parking area. If so, call the cops and/or go inside and kick some ass. I doubt the honda dealer would have done that, too many people around.

1sykcivic 09-11-2006 08:07 PM

dude i think u read ur tie bar, it looks like DC sports..what can you probably do is jack up your car and get under it and see if you see new bolts or no rust around the bolt area

RHCP0801 09-11-2006 08:10 PM

just go steal a dc sports exhaust

varner88 09-11-2006 08:17 PM

damn if you were close i would trade you a loud exhuast for that...

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 08:26 PM

Haha what kind of "loud" exhaust do you have varner?
Also I'm actually thinking more that the honda dealer stole it and not the smog place, because it was only at the smog place at most 30 mins, but I remember Honda kept making up BS reasons it wasnt ready and ended up having it for 4 days! And im sure i saw the DC logo on the muffler tip. And of course they didnt put a regular Thermal R&D exhaust on, it's the "stealth" version :(

varner88 09-11-2006 08:28 PM

lol mine is like tsudo piping with a rsx titanium axle back custom built by speed japan in japan. it kinda looks like apexi n1 but its the muffler and piping as all titanium.

Dancj2 09-11-2006 08:29 PM

this is the weirdest shit i have ever heard. I work for a car stereo shop and I get to hear some storys but wow....are you sure! you will look like a dumb ass if you go yelling and dont have proof. Bring papers or the old owner of the car with you. Make them pay you for your "loss" even if you like the new pipes. Then tell them you dont want anymore cutting on ur car, so they can pay you and you will keep the "crappy" pipe you have. Then you get a new pipe and money. Sounds like a winner to me

varner88 09-11-2006 08:31 PM

what cutting?

ajhdragon 09-11-2006 08:33 PM

na i got the downpipe back stolen. still have the header actually stockk ex manifold. i just bought new ebay shit.

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 09:08 PM

im sure it was stolen, but this must've occured at least 3 months ago, so its too late to do any yelling at this point :( , but what do you guys think about getting another dc cat-back?

doctor 09-11-2006 09:09 PM

wow I would def know if anything is wrong with my car, the weird thing to me is they put on another exhaust for you?

civydcex 09-11-2006 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by doctor
wow I would def know if anything is wrong with my car, the weird thing to me is they put on another exhaust for you?

No crap why would they switch the exhaust? Thats a first:eek: Whats this world coming to:shake:
DC is good, but shit thermal d is probably better as far as the 1hp you get goes:lol: Wouldnt worry about it, but deffinetly go down and kick some ass!!!!!

MidnightCivic 09-11-2006 09:20 PM

Definately some weird shit. At least they were nice enough to replace your exhaust and not just jack that shit. How could you not tell anything was wrong ti'll 3 months. Do you not have love for your car haha

dajackal 09-11-2006 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
just go steal a dc sports exhaust

:lol:

Darkfox3889 09-11-2006 10:38 PM

no im obsessed with my car, and I did notice it was different, but it was stolen the first few weeks of me owning it, and when I asked all my friends who had seen my car if the exhaust really was different they said no, but then I just recently found an old pic of the dc exhaust and realized

MidnightCivic 09-11-2006 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Darkfox3889
no im obsessed with my car, and I did notice it was different, but it was stolen the first few weeks of me owning it, and when I asked all my friends who had seen my car if the exhaust really was different they said no, but then I just recently found an old pic of the dc exhaust and realized

Haha i was joking. But seriously you dont have to be obssesed to know when your car is missing something. Especially the exhaust since you can really hear the difference. Seeing as how you only had a week with it and didint know much about it I understand...
:_please: I didint even know what an intake was when i got my civic

Darkfox3889 09-12-2006 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightCivic
Haha i was joking. But seriously you dont have to be obssesed to know when your car is missing something. Especially the exhaust since you can really hear the difference. Seeing as how you only had a week with it and didint know much about it I understand...
:_please: I didint even know what an intake was when i got my civic

ya i didnt know what headers were till I got my car hahaha

bOoStEd042dr 09-12-2006 01:02 AM

all i have to say is wow...that's some messed up stuff

mugenman 09-12-2006 02:03 AM

that is some strange stuff. i was gonna say if we were close ill trade you my obnoxiously loud exhaust for the one that showed up on your car lol but darn it you gotta in socal lol. good luck with getting that all straightened out

dirtySAMURAI 09-12-2006 12:25 PM

ask your parents if they bought you a birthday present yet... the exhaust might've been it.

Darkfox3889 09-12-2006 02:29 PM

haha, well what i think im gonna do is just buy a dc muffler to put on the tr&d exhaust. then itl basicly be a dc exhaust again haha

familycar 09-12-2006 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Darkfox3889

well if you have pics to prove it!! also remember that ts a honda dealer. i bet they had 2 vic both had an exhaust and they accidently got switched. something to that effect. because i dont know anyone in their right mind that would trade the thermal for the dc.;)

Darkfox3889 09-12-2006 03:12 PM

haha yeah i acctually was thinking it got swapped by accident too, unfortunatly I dont really know if it was the honda dealer or the smog check place, and being that this occured months ago, I'm not even gonna bother trying to yell at the places. Theyl just say that the pic doesnt prove that it was still on the car when i brought it in.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 09-12-2006 05:09 PM

just keep it man. its not worth spending that much money to get like -3.9 hp.

Darkfox3889 09-12-2006 10:25 PM

^ ya you're right, my car really needs a new paint job too, ill just start saving for that.