Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Custom work (with pics) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/277865-custom-work-pics.html)

CM92065 09-08-2006 01:42 AM

Very interesting intake! Im guessing thats the pakistanish AEM version or something? I dont know!

asadrana83 09-08-2006 03:16 AM

The intake is HKS spounge...and the fitting is some chinese type...its a mushroom type air intake...it really makes a difference (if set in the right position)...as far as the recaros go...dewd intially i had only 1 seat in the car (the driving seat...like i mentioned before...weight reduction)...but then i got these seats which i lighter and gives some serious look...i agree on the fact that the colour combination doesnt go with the interior but still...i dont think any sports seats would have something like brown or beige colour...these seats are quite comfortable...

dru106 09-08-2006 03:41 AM

I seriously have nothing to say so im just gonna stop typing......period O

coupe2003 09-08-2006 08:55 AM

I don't want to sound like a prick, but i supppose you posted to get people's opinions, so...

I don't like the hood, it looks cheap and nasty in my opinion. You should at least paint it silver.

The spoiler looks okay.

What's the point in removing the back seats? I know you said for weight saving, but you're not telling me you can feel the difference?

The Ferrari flag looks crap. Put the seats back in!

I'm not hating (well, i suppose i kinda am), but those are my opinions.

asadrana83 09-08-2006 09:15 AM

hmmm...regarding the wieght reduction issue...dude...trust me on this...every lb. stripped makes a difference...specially in drag races...the difference is noticeable in 3rd n 4th gears...n true say about the finish of the hood...most probably i`ll get it black gloss...:)

vacivic2005 09-08-2006 09:20 AM

when i first saw this, i was like "was this a joke" then i saw it wasn't.

all i have to say is nice towel...

Mutha Fn FBM 85 09-08-2006 10:53 AM

im sure those arent real recaros everything in pakistan is fake trust me.

asadrana83 09-08-2006 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mutha Fn FBM 85
im sure those arent real recaros everything in pakistan is fake trust me.

haha...well said dude...true...very true...but not in the case of performance parts...you mean to say that the SPOON SPORTS exaust...the HIDs...NGKs...HKS filter...vafc II...NOS...everythng is fake?? dude even we know how to import things...these stuffs are direct import from singapore or malaysia or even usa

drew22mader 09-08-2006 06:23 PM

Umm, well your looking for an opinion and you may not like what i have to say but here we go. First, the hood looks like you cut it with some scissors and just bent it down. The intake is ghetto and i don't see how it improves anything. The seats don't match at all and don't go with anything, you drive a honda, not a ferrari. Its just not my style, don't take thing wrong and i'm not saying it mean, but i would go back and get maybe a cf hood or another stock one. Just do a simple SRI or something. See if a shop will reupholster the middle of the seats. If your not racing or some extreme auto x the back seats really aren't going to make much a difference, i think its for every hundred pounds it shaves off like .1 or something.

asadrana83 09-08-2006 06:47 PM

About the description of the hood that you've given...it actually is like that...all i did was cut the hood and bent it down...n trust me this air intake n everything did make a difference...n yeh i would agree on the fact that HONDA n FERRARI...no link at all...:giggle: ...but what if i paint the same hood with black gloss

SLO REX 09-08-2006 06:50 PM

There is no way that hood made that big of a difference for you to tell. Maybe a difference of 1 hp.

WHich means it added about 1.3 hp

RHCP0801 09-08-2006 07:06 PM

the hood is ugly and doesnt do anything at all except make the car look gross

asadrana83 09-08-2006 07:07 PM

i didnt say that only the hood made the difference...i said that the SRI with the cold air (because of the hood) made difference at high rpms...and the weight reduction made difference in 3rd and 4th gear...and weight reduction doesnt only include the rear seat but every single thing removed from trunk as well

RHCP0801 09-08-2006 07:13 PM

it didnt do anything at any rpm

Mutha Fn FBM 85 09-08-2006 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by asadrana83
i didnt say that only the hood made the difference...i said that the SRI with the cold air (because of the hood) made difference at high rpms...and the weight reduction made difference in 3rd and 4th gear...and weight reduction doesnt only include the rear seat but every single thing removed from trunk as well

its all in your head man. you aint going anywhere fast with that civic. i could beat you on my tricycle . even with that ghetto intake of yours haha. actually everythings ghetto about your car man. your cars probably going to end up on the ricer thread sorry.

Dancj2 09-08-2006 11:59 PM

so as far as the intake, great idea for track, but I blew my stock motor in my crx with a aem cold air intake. It was raining and I didnt have it reved at all. It only takes one bad time. Your day will be over, unless you need that reason for a motor swap!!!

texascivic2k1 09-09-2006 10:00 AM

Here if your dieing to have a ram air hood just get the one I have...

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4908/img4323zo9.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8453/img4322pk4.jpg

asadrana83 09-09-2006 11:21 AM

hmmm...as i said before...i am boosting my ride...so it wont do any good as far as the ram air type hood is concerned...all i asked for were the opinions about what i can do in order to make it look better...

btw nyce job texascivic2k1...good show!!

TRIZ 09-09-2006 01:07 PM

ummm... hmmm.... I think I agree with everything said except for the suggestion to paint it black... it needs to be silver- why... I dont get it. It would look cleaner if the gap wasnt so big- bend it back up a bit, and maybe bondo the sides + paint silver also, and import some diamond mesh, not the chicken wire u got on there.

flag issue: its rediculous... cardboard doesnt way that much- neither does fiberboard... it would be nice to put that to close the gap from the seats.

another note: if your ripping the rear seats for weight reduction... *sigh* why dont you have the car lowered? granted i'm not lowered (yet) but i'm not ripping my seats out. If you lower your car, theres less air resistance under the car thats slowing you down. Hopefully you dont tell me your still driving with your spare. And remember- the jack is kinda tucked away under the trunk latch- thats a few lbs. Better ride with a cellphone just incase u have a problem.

If you want to save as much weight as possible- all thoe plastic panels... take em off, that includes the sides in the back... wait.... its a 4 door huh. theres a lotta panels to pop off- that miht be 10 lbs tops, no rear seats- dont need seatbels- thoes guys weigh a few lbs... glove box can also come out along with a bunch of ceter console and under the dash panels... I wouldnt advise any of this- but if you want to save weight go for it. Might want to wear a helmet in your car kuz of all the exposed sheet metal.

Its not automatic is it...?

Mudflaps and side moldings- pop em off, or screw them off... thoes are weight and dont do anything for you (performance wise).

I think i heard someone say roofscoop... i think he ment hood scoop though. If you do have a roof scoop... man, i never understood where thoes channel the air to (if anywhere).

hollar back.

asadrana83 09-09-2006 01:19 PM

now thats more sensible suggestion...thnx

drew22mader 09-09-2006 02:23 PM

Heres a suggestion, put your car back together. That crap isn't doin anything for you at all but make it look terrible. I'm sorry but you just don't have a clue what your doing.

K20me 09-09-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by asadrana83
the SRI placed directly after the scoop...this is what gives me the edge over the other NA tuned racers...

....and that's where I stopped reading.

Do what you want with your car, I don't like it, but I'm sure you do, so have fun.

SloW4Sh0wVic 09-10-2006 03:17 PM

damn nice, always great to do something yourself, esp when no1 else has it

Civicman1988 09-10-2006 04:41 PM

throttle body water line bypass
what is this?

vacivic2005 09-11-2006 07:29 AM

ricer mentality at its best.

just because the car is louder because of that intake, it doesn't mean you've gained anything. think about it.

2005EM2 09-18-2006 09:46 PM

great job!:tup: