Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Putting on an exhaust..need help. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/276345-putting-exhaust-need-help.html)

jball63 08-27-2006 01:58 PM

Putting on an exhaust..need help.

Well, I just bought a Tsudo catback exhaust "Fireball knock-off," and I was wondering what kind of tools I can use to install it myself. I am kind of new to the tuning scene and want to install components myself. Got a 2005 LX sedan. :hithead:

scansel912 08-27-2006 02:04 PM

I would suggest buying something like PB-Blaster or WD-40 and spray down all the bolts that you will need to take off.

All you basically need is a wrench and metric socket set.

jball63 08-27-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by scansel912
I would suggest buying something like PB-Blaster or WD-40 and spray down all the bolts that you will need to take off.

All you basically need is a wrench and metric socket set.

thnx for the info.

MisterFrankieJ 08-27-2006 03:59 PM

I have a feeling that exhaust is for an ex not a lx. Did you get it off ebay?

downsouth_em2 08-27-2006 04:06 PM

yea its for an ex...i've got that exhaust, don't lx's have a catalic converter that is located right before the actual muffler?

civydcex 08-27-2006 04:16 PM

It's like 14mm wrenches and sockets are pretty much it. Dont be surpirised if you break some bolts in the rear section, i have an 04ex and snapped my rear bolts off the section wich hooks to the muffler, exhaust pipe joint. And as far as i know tsudo only makes them for EX but i could be wrong!!!

MisterFrankieJ 08-27-2006 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by downsouth_em2
yea its for an ex...i've got that exhaust, don't lx's have a catalic converter that is located right before the actual muffler?

No the cat is built into the end of the header.

jball63 you're going to need to buy the tanabe extension pipe for that exhaust to fit. There are others ways but buying the extension is probably the easiest.

jball63 08-27-2006 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MisterFrankieJ
I have a feeling that exhaust is for an ex not a lx. Did you get it off ebay?

Actually I got it off octanemotorsports.com. It says that it would fit 01-05 Honda Civic CX DX LX EX. I really didn't know that there is a big diff. on the LX and EX models.:_doh:

Originally Posted by MisterFrankieJ
No the cat is built into the end of the header.

jball63 you're going to need to buy the tanabe extension pipe for that exhaust to fit. There are others ways but buying the extension is probably the easiest.

ok...i will look into that once i receive the exhaust. thnx.

civydcex 08-28-2006 12:26 AM

Yeh you may have an issue with your exhaust, and the website you got this from is like 50$ more than ebay. They also listed CX 01-05, come on!!!!! Send it back before youopen it!!!!!