Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   i got this 2001 civic ex 4dr dont know where to start (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/272929-i-got-2001-civic-ex-4dr-dont-know-where-start.html)

tontonelly 08-02-2006 10:00 PM

i got this 2001 civic ex 4dr dont know where to start

im wanna know where should a kid like me start the only thing what i want is like most pp is more hp
all im thinkin is intake and exhast first

but what is the the best way for me to start

boxcarracer 08-02-2006 10:02 PM

try this in the search button.... "dezod turbo" "Engine swap" "k20a2"

tontonelly 08-02-2006 10:07 PM

i dont got that biggest budget in the world man i just enuff to get me started

Hayz 08-02-2006 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by boxcarracer

yep thats the only way and the search button does wonders....:_please:
exhaust and intake are mostly looks and sound then anything....

tontonelly 08-02-2006 10:24 PM

damn i need alot of money this sucks :(

BlackKnight008 08-02-2006 10:27 PM

intake exhaust a drop rims and a non ricey kit, tint? after market lights

jungleheadjim 08-03-2006 06:40 AM

2 things. an intake isnt gonna give you very much more power if any. an exhaust might give a little bit but its more for just sound. i would start in the engine bay though. get you a cheap intake off ebay, if its a automatic then a cold air wont work, trust me lol. but you can just take the cai off ebay and throw out the downpipe, basically makes a short ram intake. but yeah there is no cai for a 7thgen automatic, the tranny gets in the way. then get a buttload of wire loom and bundle all the crap in your engine bay. it will make it soo much easier to work in there. then go for either a set of rims or a drop.

i wouldnt replace the tail lights or headlights just yet. unless you put some projectors up front or something. just take and go to summitracing.com and get some niteshades. paint your tail lights adn youll be good to go.

Hayz 08-03-2006 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jungleheadjim
if its a automatic then a cold air wont work, trust me lol. but you can just take the cai off ebay and throw out the downpipe, basically makes a short ram intake. but yeah there is no cai for a 7thgen automatic, the tranny gets in the way. .

ummm I've had a coldair intake on my auto before just check my gallery I recently changed it to a short ram because I was afraid of gettin water in it after the drop..

vacivic2005 08-03-2006 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by tontonelly
damn i need alot of money this sucks :(

funny how people think its cheap to mod your car. :_disgust:

Civicman1988 08-03-2006 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by boxcarracer

yap agreed

rice4lyfe 08-03-2006 11:48 AM

upgrade suspension and get some sticky tires, thats the best you can do with our cars performance wise without spending loads of cash. I/H/E is also good for cosmetic purposes too

other than that, tubo or swap.

Come to think of this, i cant remember how many times this was covered. haha

Edit: IMO of course

armieo 08-03-2006 11:51 AM

Don't bother. The whole modifying thing will suck you in and your wallet will be bone dry until you sell the car. hehe.

jungleheadjim 08-03-2006 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hayz
ummm I've had a coldair intake on my auto before just check my gallery I recently changed it to a short ram because I was afraid of gettin water in it after the drop..

ok i stand corrected. but aem never made one for automatics. i wish i would have known that injen made one. i would have bought one of those.

fullgrown 08-03-2006 01:46 PM

if you want speed, kid, you got the wrong car.....

LogicWavelength 08-03-2006 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
funny how people think its cheap to mod your car. :_disgust:

Yea...

"Yo my boy's '88 civic just got a kit on it... he's savin' up for the paint now... so we're gonna go flat black like that STi in Sport Compact Car! ...and this other guy is tryin' to sell him an axleback from a CRX - he says he's got a hookup for cheap stuff so he's sellin' it to him for $30!"

I remember being in High School and hearing that all the time thinking "One day I'll have my Civic hooked up too!" Now, $9,000 later... I'm getting close to where I want to be. LOL

Save your money... hooking up your car is just as addicting as crack, but more expensive.