Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   ***UPDATED****car broken into! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/270355-updated-car-broken-into.html)

injencivic 07-14-2006 03:57 PM

***UPDATED****car broken into!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...endID=41844762

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE
On Saturday at around 1215 in the afternoon a patrol officer spotted a car with a busted side quarter panel window in a project housing facility... Officer ran tag but before tag information came back the officer lost the vehicle, when the tag came back it was a hit for a stolen car, officers finally caught up to the stolen vehicle and a short chase was involved to find the car, officers finally got the vehicle stopped and arrested a passanger but the driver got away(still not sure if was later caught or not). This car desciption also is similar to the description given from an earlier breakin the night before at a different location about a mile from my residence and apparently today i found out that they also seen the person also. Inside the car pilled high to the windows and a trunk filled with car audio equipment and MISC. papers... The passanger was arrested and charge with drug paraphanella and sched. II substance. An investigator was assigned to the case and i am going tomorrow to the property unit to see if any of the recovered items were mine.

Later that day the investigator did a follow up to an apartment complex less then one block from my house where 15 cars were broken into overnight and 2 more across the street, I am not sure if the passanger gave information to these and other car burglaries or not. but based on the information i was able to obtain from my father(who is second in command over the area where these thefts occurred) there is a very good chance this is our suspect(s) from my car and my neighbors cars.

I will post more information as it becomes available.

Suzy Q 07-14-2006 10:12 PM

that sucks
and no alarms went off?

Hayz 07-14-2006 10:21 PM

man that sucks....

injencivic 07-14-2006 11:04 PM

i dont have an alarm but my neighbor did on his car but they didnt open the doors which were the only things apparently sensored. I havent been the only victim in my area lately per my father who is 2nd in command of this area.

Injen

gearbox 07-15-2006 12:41 AM

time for video camera monitoring

1sykcivic 07-15-2006 01:00 AM

cant you pay people to anaylze blood

SEN_ONE 07-15-2006 03:35 AM

I feel bad for you! They took your speaker box out of the trunk? Did you use the key lock for the trunk release?

genexrocket 07-15-2006 03:45 AM

dang, seems like more and more people are getting broken into

disturbed24st 07-15-2006 06:09 AM

Sorry to hear that man.I hope you catch the *******s.Are you gonna have your car fixed back before Nopi in Knoxville?

injencivic 07-15-2006 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by disturbed24st
Sorry to hear that man.I hope you catch the *******s.Are you gonna have your car fixed back before Nopi in Knoxville?

ya i have an appt. to get my window replaced on monday. As far as adding more equipment, i will have to get an aftermarket cd player since my oem i cant find.. but i seriously doubt i will get a sub at this time.

Originally Posted by SEN_ONE
I feel bad for you! They took your speaker box out of the trunk? Did you use the key lock for the trunk release?

i leave that unlocked... I leave the rear passanger seat behind me down all the time for bass reasons and they woulda been able to get it out from there if the trunk was locked inside.

Originally Posted by 1sykcivic
cant you pay people to anaylze blood

it cost almost 10k to analyze DNA... Honestly your more likely to have fingerprint matches before that, espically the ones the crime tech was able to get off both cars, i mean this dumbass practically gave us each finger off his right hand, it was like he was applyin for a job and had to get finger printed for it, thats how good these are... He has huge hands so he is a big fellow apparantly which is weird cause they made entry through my neighbors car at the rear and he would have had to climb over a wing thats about 3 feet high i would estimate...

I will keep you all posted on the situation, apparently like i figured would happen is they dumped my wallet and somebody found it so i am waitin to hear more on that right now... They picked the wrong to break into lol...

Injen

gearbox 07-15-2006 12:00 PM

10k wow i can purify and cut dna, and separate the fragments in less than a day for next to nothing (not that i can for you tho). but i guess you need to match to a database or something. ya my advice would be get a new deck, always take the face off, and just dont bother with subs. could get a cheap 4ch speaker amp which should provide good bass and if they steal that no big loss. i assume you have a keyhole for the trunk, so pull the cable out so the trunk release dont work, and open the trunk with your key. put up the seats too they lock. if they see seats down and subs just sitting there ofcourse they would steal, who wouldn't. I mean i know it sucks your stuff was stolen, but it sounds like you dont have any security whatsoever.

you know what when i worked in the ghetto blockbuster, i just pulled out my whole deck and left it at home. nobody would break into a car with wires sticking out.

speedracersong 07-15-2006 01:26 PM

for people who dont want to click on the link

This is no joke...

Last night or this morning around 5am-7am my car was broken into through my passanger rear window... They took all my stereo equipment and completly trashed the inside of my car looking for shit... They also broke into my neighbors car down the street and his truck...

On his car, they broke out the back window, drivers side rear and drivers side window and took only one item! His truck was unlocked and they took his cd player.

This sucks because we are hard working people but what can you do? The suspect(s) cut themselves while breaking into my car or his car and left blood on the scene inside the cars but they cant use that due to this crime not being a major crime. However, the crime technician was able to obtain about 4 good fingers prints off both cars and hopefully we will have a match. The suspect was in a car and pulled into my yard just to unload my speakerbox with subwoofer in the car/truck. This is not the first time for this person to break into a car.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE KNOXVILLE POLICE DEPT AT 865-215-7000 AND ASK FOR INVESTIGATOR KATHY PAPPAS OR INV. JEFF SELLERS OR ME! You can PM for my contact information.

Thanks for your help!

injencivic 07-15-2006 04:19 PM

***WE NOW HAVE A SUSPECT VEHICLE FROM A BREAKIN LAST NIGHT IN THE SAME AREA WHERE I LIVE***

I will keep you guys posted.

Injen

HondaKorn 07-15-2006 04:51 PM

sorry to hear, time for a gun license, a 45 and then get a "handgun inside" sticker like the "intel inside" logo

Mr_Plenty 07-15-2006 07:19 PM

damn thats messed up. good luck finding the person

injencivic 07-16-2006 03:44 PM

update On Post #1

injencivic 07-18-2006 10:37 AM

bump

Suzy Q 07-18-2006 11:17 AM

hope you catch the f**ker:sweet:

bobsagator 07-18-2006 01:11 PM

Wow, now I'm really excited about moving to Knoxville in 2 weeks.

injencivic 07-18-2006 06:15 PM

its like this everywhere u live really...

Civicman1988 07-18-2006 07:33 PM

sorry to here about that