Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I totalled my Vic!!!! *Pic added* (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/267805-i-totalled-my-vic-pic-added.html)

RedBull 06-26-2006 02:25 PM

I totalled my Vic!!!! *Pic added*

***** PIC IS ON PAGE 2 ***********

Yesterday i left from work and headed home.... next thing i know i woke up in the hospital... totally confused and felt like i had a hangover.

After my folks got there and my National Guard commander arrived... i found out that i was in a wreck!

From what i have been told my car slide on the wet road and i lost control and a Ford F-150 slammed into me. After it happened i called like tons of people over and over again and talking tons of random crap. (which i'm lead to believe was from being in shock) and then i passed out.

I woke up this morning with a bad headache, sore neck, and left arm.... and feeling really confused still. My mom had already taken care of most of the insurance stuff since she is my State Farm agent....

but i had to get to my ride to see what kinda condition it was in AND rape it of all the aftermarket stuff i could and put the old stuff back on. When i got to it... it was heart breaking to say the least. The front passenger side is totally jacked, the wheel including almost everything connected to it came flying off, the passenger door is smashed in, and the passenger rear end is smashed up. The windshield is cracked and the passenger front window was blown out.

Luckily i'm only alittle banged up but ok. The other driver was driving someone else's truck but was insured and left without any injuries.

I have no memories from after i left work and was driving up to and prior to the accident. Which the doctors said is from the concusion. They said i must have turned my head before the truck hit me and the back of my head hit the piller between the windows.

I know the car is not worth repairing and State Farm will wind up just cutting me a check. I don't know what to do about a new car... i'm gonna be starting college in the fall and don't want a car payment. I'd really like to get another 7thGen... i still got all the used parts and tons that havent' gotten put on, but always wanted a Prelude or Del Sol, maybe a Integra.

Any opinions on my next ride?

And please no requests for my parts just yet... i gotta wait and see.

I miss my ride already! :(

MidnightCivic 06-26-2006 02:29 PM

Thats sucks good thing your still alive..sucks bout ure car tho....

No part out..:_please:

Why not a Rsx?

show0and2go 06-26-2006 02:44 PM

ep3 ftw!!

Valdeezy 06-26-2006 02:46 PM

Leta just thank god you are allright. And nothing more than being sore is happened to ya. Sorry to about your vic. I say either the prelude or the integra.

mateusz 06-26-2006 02:55 PM

thats good u ok man
another civic gone .....

RedBull 06-26-2006 03:20 PM

Thanks guys....

I'm really wanting another 7thGen sedan, but i think whatever the insurance company gives me won't cover buying one, i think book value of the car is around $8k, God knows i'll get less. So picking up another 7thGen in good condition for what i get from them is gonna be hard.

yes... i will do a part out if i don't get a 7thGen, i thought i asked to not be asked about parts yet, i might be confused though... i am the one with the concusion. :giggle: If or when i do do a part out.... they'll got cheap and everyone here on the forums gets first dibbs.

Hayz 06-26-2006 03:30 PM

damn man glad your ok hope everything works out for ya and I've always liked prelude and integra....

Civicman1988 06-26-2006 03:50 PM

ya glad your ok get another civic

D17master081 06-26-2006 04:03 PM

my boy is sellin his prelude.....clean as hell....i'll post a pic later

pbfoot 06-26-2006 04:07 PM

jeez dude. good thing it wasnt worse. congrats on staying alive. lol

if they cut you a check for $8k, you can definitely get a used car for that. pay the whole thing off in cash or put down half and the payments are gonna be pretty reasonable. either way, if you can have a car at college your frosh year, and the school is in a rural area and not smack in the middle of a city, youre better off with a car.

hope you can still make it to the M-A meet...

slowcivic2die4 06-26-2006 04:17 PM

Good thing ur alright. Keep me posted on the parting out!!

genexrocket 06-26-2006 04:17 PM

that's a crazy story, good thing you're okay

stephenb80 06-26-2006 04:32 PM

sorry this happened but at least you're still alive.

Rennen 06-26-2006 04:47 PM

glad your ok for the most part. i vote that you get an EG hatch and turbo it :). you can the car for around 4k and a junkyard turbo kit for 1k and have 3k for anything else you want.

jrb121180 06-26-2006 05:39 PM

get a prelude. i had one before my vic. it's an awesome car. here is a pic

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3...size9pl.th.png

xtreme26 06-26-2006 06:27 PM

older hondas ftw :p sucks your car is totaled though. glad you made it out ok :)

DDragon7 06-26-2006 09:41 PM

Wow, Im glad that your ok after a crash that left you clueless. Its also safe to know how safe our 7thgens could be. But if I were you I would get something more fun to drive. I would choose a built EG6.

RedBull 06-26-2006 10:27 PM

I can say that they can take a beating.... luckily they say i turned my head to look at where i was gonna get hit at... if not the side of my head would have taken the impact instead of the back.

Here's a pic... i don't feel like sharing too many just right now... still kinda heart broken over the whole thing.

http://www.10thgencivic.com/memberri...ie_wrecked.jpg

Now as far as looking for a new ride... after looking around on ClubCivic... which i don't like as much as here... i wrote down acouple ones that i think would be good to start with:

'97-'00 Integra RS/LS/GS GS-R
'97-01 Prelude
'99-'00 Civic SI

What kinda price range am i looking at for these in decent condition?
Which older RSX is worth my time to look for? I tried to look for info but started feeling confused and my head is still kinda bothering me alittle.

I would guess it's better to go with a straight DOHC VTEC already in car since this saves me head ache later. But i really don't know much about the 6thGens cause my 7thGen was the first car i bought brand new and i spent all my time and alot of money only researching about it.

If possible i'd really like to go with another 7thGen, but only an EX, and take if from there trying to catch back up. I don't know alot about B series engines at all compared to the D.

Anyone recommend a forum or site to help me research?

Thanks again

Mutha Fn FBM 85 06-26-2006 10:33 PM

WOWOWOWOWOWOW that is INSANE!

RedBull 06-26-2006 10:36 PM

can i get a vote for Best Wrecked Sedan? ;)

jester444 06-26-2006 10:36 PM

Wow, dude. Thank God you didn't have a passenger. I think my vote is for an Integra GS-R. Friend of mine has a '96 GS-R with a JDM B18C, and she's puttin out almost 350 bhp at the wheels.

Civicman1988 06-26-2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by RedBull
can i get a vote for Best Wrecked Sedan? ;)

ya i would vote for u

RedBull 06-26-2006 10:43 PM

BTW: i have taken everything off except the exhaust, pulleys, RS Grille (it's shot) and the swapped Vtec head (VAFCII came out) I probably won't mess with the exhaust or the Grille... i'm thinking hard if i wanna mess with pulling the pulleys and putting the old ones back on before the insurance guys looks at it...... i'd probably just cut the belts to do it.

Will do a part out thread when i know more... everyone will just have to hold their breath awhile. Sorry

simplicated1979 06-26-2006 10:52 PM

dude seriously i'm glad ur are able to talk to us...

RedBull 06-26-2006 10:57 PM

hehe... thanks that means alot to me.... half the reason i wanna go with another 7thGen is cause this site has made me love mine more and more since the day i first logged on.

..... even though i know you guys are just buttering me up for the part out... i'm kidding. I'm really happy i didn't put the brand new camber kits and springs on last week. :tup:

Tomorrow i'm going to put the oem intake & battery back in and see about getting the pulleys out. Then i'm calling the insurance guy to come and inspect it.

I will keep everyone updated

lxcivic2k1 06-26-2006 11:18 PM

Dayum thats a hard hit...good thing you didn't get hurt more than you did.

I'd say go with a 99-00 Si....I love the look of them. Just real clean looking car to me, plus some power there.

stephenb80 06-26-2006 11:19 PM

get the 00 si or a gsr. screw the new cars.

Curiouz_G 06-26-2006 11:38 PM

get a srt-4

a4turboss 06-26-2006 11:38 PM

i say the 00 si always a car i have admired and i glad your decently ok and man that car is smashed

boricua_civic 06-26-2006 11:38 PM

oh sh1t, that's another 7thgen down :(!!! Glad you're ok man..