Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   jdm fenders with side markers (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/261769-jdm-fenders-side-markers.html)

mugenman 05-17-2006 02:55 PM

jdm fenders with side markers

ok so i was looking on passwordjdm and i came across these

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...For=&PT_ID=258

1st of all are these worth it? and how are the jdm fenders different from the usdm fenders. im thinking about gettin these. cause i now have a hook up on paint so it wouldnt cost me much to get them painted. so what do you guys think?

dirtySAMURAI 05-17-2006 03:03 PM

i would say it's not worth it unless your fenders are dented/broken right now. :shrug:

mugenman 05-17-2006 03:05 PM

yeah but im nervous about cutting into my stock ones to make holes for the side markers.

bOoStEd042dr 05-17-2006 03:35 PM

DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not that bad

mugenman 05-17-2006 03:38 PM

i usally do alot of diy's but im just nervous about this one. altho i was nervous about blacking out my headlights but i just did it anyway

ramcosca 05-17-2006 03:57 PM

Only difference: hole for sidemarker. That's about it. :shrug: Not worth it if you've not crashed recently.

Hayz 05-17-2006 04:13 PM

dont be a puss DIY I did it and If I can then so can you

Em2onCPRs 05-17-2006 06:50 PM

i dont think the fenders from pjdm.com is real jdm fenders.. i bet its an aftermarket fender with sidemarker cut to fit the lights..in the paragraph it states its a jdm style fenders..

ramcosca 05-17-2006 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Em2onCPRs
i dont think the fenders from pjdm.com is real jdm fenders.. i bet its an aftermarket fender with sidemarker cut to fit the lights..in the paragraph it states its a jdm style fenders..

Makes sense. :shrug:

ncirom2003 05-17-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by mugenman
i usally do alot of diy's but im just nervous about this one. altho i was nervous about blacking out my headlights but i just did it anyway

i was very nervous too, but its easy and just remember measure twice, cut once. youll be happy in the end, and thats a rediculous waste of money to buy those.

mugenman 05-18-2006 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hayz
dont be a puss DIY I did it and If I can then so can you

ok ok ill do it my self....only cause hayz did it. and if he did it it must be easy :giggle: ill be pming you soon for some detailed instructions lol

ncirom2003 05-18-2006 08:05 AM

measure on the fender using the body line and edge of the fender as reference points, find a spot you like them in and measure that on the other side too, now trace the sidemarker, cut the hole maybe 1/8th an inch smaller and pop in. there is a good DIY article on here.

gearbox 05-18-2006 09:01 AM

i didnt even measure really. just cut a hole, stuff it in, and make sure its level with a bubble thing. drill in the middle first, then use sheet metal nibblers to cut out around it. i went too much on one but its not really noticable. just make sure they're not crooked.

X0DuZz 05-18-2006 10:32 AM

diy :D if u mess up buy those on the site ahaha

DrivenEM2 05-18-2006 01:54 PM

good luck bro...im thinkin bout cuttin a hole myself

sniperscout 05-22-2006 03:32 PM

dremel tool worked great for me. I was scared at first but once you get used to cutting that gaping hole you relax. The first hole took me like 45 mins the second was like 15.

03hce 05-22-2006 11:20 PM

Good question mugen, was wondering the same thing. Was going to get the s2k sidemarkers from that site... let me know how it turns out and let me see how they look!

CivicHX01 05-23-2006 12:14 AM

paragraph says they are "JDM spec" usually pwjdm will say "genuine JDM" if its real... so i'm guessing they are USDM fenders that have been professionally cut using a template from the JDM fenders...

but hey, its the closest thing to JDM without getting the actual fenders overnight shipped from Japan...:tup:

mugenman 05-23-2006 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by 03hce
Good question mugen, was wondering the same thing. Was going to get the s2k sidemarkers from that site... let me know how it turns out and let me see how they look!

lol oh i will man.....soon as you dirve your goofy ass down to cincinnati :giggle: :lol:

im jus gonna order the sidemarkers and pray to god i dont f*ck it up!

oi2325 05-23-2006 09:49 AM

It would be a waste of money buying an oem fender with a hole premade in it when you can get the light for what, 30 most

cbuncivicman 05-23-2006 10:09 AM

JDm fenders

I work at a body shop/collision center. I write the estimates and work in the office. But, if you get the fenders and just paint them, you will probably end up with a color difference between the fenders and the doors. No matter how much we color match the paint it is always slightly off because there are so many variables that can cause a color difference. (i.e. air pressure, the painter, humidity, etc.). Sometimes the color will look right when looking at it straight on, but when yo check the "side tone" from on an angle the color can be off.
P.S. I cut my fenders to install mine, not that bad.

TheSmuggler 05-23-2006 10:10 AM

OK, whatever you do do NOT buy these fenders. I got them and they were all warped. Save yourself the trouble and either

A) Cut your oems
B) Get some fenders from the coupes in Europe (stock sidemarkers)

03hce 05-23-2006 06:59 PM

lol oh i will man.....soon as you dirve your goofy ass down to cincinnati :giggle: :lol:

lol... who you calling goofy! :rofl: :moon:

filipinop1405 06-07-2006 04:12 AM

im jus gonna order the sidemarkers and pray to god i dont f*ck it up!

did you order the sidemarkers and the harness or just the sidemarkers? cuz i was thinking about getting those too but then i just decided when i get home from deployment (less than 3 months) i'm gonna order the sidemarkers and maybe the harness but i want to know if the harness works for our cars or if they are for the ep3. i know the site says jdm ep3 sidemarkers..blah blah blah. well post a pic and what not when you get done with them! good luck

gearbox 06-07-2006 09:10 AM

no the harness doesnt work because we dont have sidemarkers! so harness is useless. mine came with one and its just sitting in the engine bay somewhere. i should've just chopped it off.

HondaKorn 06-07-2006 09:21 AM

they also had fitment issues....ask smuggler

TheSmuggler 06-07-2006 12:11 PM

Fitment = crap

filipinop1405 06-07-2006 12:33 PM

oh ok thanks gearbox... you always come thru. hey smuggler, you saying that the ones from password jdm are crap as far as fitment? in what way? where do you recommend me getting them from? thanks ya'll i appreciate it!

TheSmuggler 06-07-2006 01:01 PM

I recommend you either cut your OEM's, or try to get your hands on some fenders from a coupe in europe

Kizuel 06-07-2006 02:01 PM

Yeah, just DIY, it's not as bad as it seems, only took me about an hour.