Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   The dumbest mod you've ever done? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/261749-dumbest-mod-youve-ever-done.html)

LogicWavelength 05-17-2006 01:24 PM

The dumbest mod you've ever done?

What is the most STUPID thing you ever did to your poor little civic? LED windshield washers? Drilled holes in your stock muffler to make it sound like a real racer? Paint your steering wheel?

Let's start a thread about the most retarded thing you've ever done. I'm pretty sure most of them will be about putting little LEDs where they aren't supposed to be... but who knows the depths of idiocy that our forum can produce?

I'll kick it off.

The dumbest thing I ever did with my Civic is actually just an install mistake. I know I should have a better example, but hey - I've never done anything that dumb before. LOL

When I installed my first headunit I noticed that the plug/wires from my headunit and the plug/wires from my car were different. I didn't know that for about $5 I could go to my local car electronics place (where I bought the surround plate) and buy a conversion plug. Instead, I cut the plug out of my car (but pretty far back so it wasn't "messy") and then spliced all the wires together from the two sides. When I bought my second headunit, I had to rewire my entire dashboard b/c of how short I cut the wires. LOL

It's not the best story, but I'm sure someone out there spent all day wiring 35 strobe lights into their headlights and tailights for that extra-special cruise to pick up the ladies.

LETS HEAR IT!

drew22mader 05-17-2006 01:28 PM

Hmmm, i can't say i've done anything stupid yet, maybe not getting Volks to begin with? Hell iunno, lol

armieo 05-17-2006 01:32 PM

I put LED computer fans in my foglight holes.

Yeah I'm over that stage now. haha.

RHCP0801 05-17-2006 01:36 PM

blue windshield wipers, i posted a thread a while ago that was basically the same thing

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...our+rice+stage

LogicWavelength 05-17-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by armieo
I put LED computer fans in my foglight holes.

Yeah I'm over that stage now. haha.

LOL... FANS? haha. awsome.

Could we get some longer descriptions? Really take responsibility for your shameful past stupidities!

diskreet 05-17-2006 01:40 PM

I used a lighted switch for power to the Xbox. Thats about it. Its still in the car till I order a new trim piece thing (those 1"x2" gray plastic plugs)

That and M3 style side mirrors. I removed them within 2 days. Ich.

armieo 05-17-2006 01:43 PM

Okay so they were those translucent fans that I thought would look cool since they basically filled up the whole hole with light. Neons just weren't bright enough and individual LEDs would have been too complicated to rig up and the light probably would have been uneven and pinpoint. That's why I used fans. So I got those metal pipe fasteners u get at home depot and rigged them up. I also had underbody neons and pink underseat neons which didn't illuminate for shiet. I also installed a 30" air horn but I took it out since I need a better compressor. I also replaced all the bulbs in my car with red bulbs and other colors. Got pulled over twice for them so I took those out.

korn10 05-17-2006 01:46 PM

proyectors, and m3 style side mirrors

rjngo 05-17-2006 01:53 PM

none yet...i learned a lot from my previous car. my car is stock for now

isuzu5000 05-17-2006 01:55 PM

i put l.e.d. underneath my hood to have engine lights--horrible idea
someone gave me an underglow kit--only 2 bulbs worked so i put on in my floor board of my backseat--luckily i broke it on the way to college my freshman year.

jungleheadjim 05-17-2006 01:59 PM

one word. "decals"

texascivic2k1 05-17-2006 02:01 PM

Buying a "High Flow Megan Catalytic Converter" and replacing it with my OEM converter not knowing the Megan was a test pipe. Plus throwing away my OEM converter the day before my "check engine" light came on. I wish I did my research!

Bought a Fiberglass body kit <-- don’t have to explain that one!

I wish I bought the rims I wanted in the first place instead of going though sets I could only afford at the time.

Getting my tint darker on the windows.

That’s about it…..

Pharoh 05-17-2006 02:02 PM

I had APC tails...BUT in my defense I got them back when they first became available so yeah....that's about it.

jrb121180 05-17-2006 02:11 PM

someone put a ding in my pasenger side door and left white paint on it. so i used a rubbing compound to try and take it off. i never used this stuff before and i guess i rubbed a little to hard because it swirled the paint a little. doh!!!

modoman 05-17-2006 02:14 PM

kaminari front fascia, because a.) i should have known i wasn't going to get the rest of the kit
and b.) i hate body kits now
and c.) my car is low, and with the bumper it has about 1.5 inches of clearance. now i am spending more money to get a stock cover painted to replace it

XxSoVeReiGNxX 05-17-2006 02:26 PM

oh lawd. I put on 17s with low profiles on stock springs.
:_doh: still embarrased about that

my stupidest would have to be dragon sticker on top of my trunk lid, to cover up a dent. :( got sick of sticker. got used to dent. happily ever after. true story. k thanks

Tragedy 05-17-2006 02:30 PM

The dumbest mod I have ever done was a E-bay intake. The intake did not fit properly and was not the color I requested.

satinsilvervic 05-17-2006 02:54 PM

2 sets of altezzas....one set was the apc crap and the other was a cheap ebay set with halos in them

dirtySAMURAI 05-17-2006 02:57 PM

air/fuel gauge for the civic. it's stock. it doesn't need a fricken air/fuel gauge. :lol:

soccer1cb 05-17-2006 03:03 PM

oh god....im the worst so far (and possibly ever)...I got a body kit and put the front bumper on before I got it painted....but it wasnt my fault, I crashed and destroyed my front bumper, got the bodykit and since I had no other way to get to school i threw the front on there....ew...please dont be to harsh...

PICHY 05-17-2006 03:23 PM

nough said

http://www.10thgencivic.com/memberri...79p6120004.jpg

even though the big wing and all that shit.. i still ike the way it looked... at that time

lol

my car looks better than ever b4

and even is still ricey.. im very happy with the current look... i think this is the one to keep

bOoStEd042dr 05-17-2006 03:29 PM

well...i'd have to say my CAI/NOS....waste.....also my old 18's...SMALLER IS BETTER....the best thing i can think to say in a thread like this is SAVE for a turbo or swap....i/h/e won't do anything and there is a new wave of clean sleeper cars coming and that means you don't need 19's or kits just finely tuned oem style cars!

white2K2EX 05-17-2006 03:31 PM

Everything I did to my Civic. I wish I had that money now. Hell, I don't even drive a Civic anymore.

es2k2 05-17-2006 04:04 PM

non-dcr/ep3 sidemarkers...
can't change to any of them now because they are smaller than the one i have..

LogicWavelength 05-17-2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
oh lawd. I put on 17s with low profiles on stock springs.
:_doh: still embarrased about that

my stupidest would have to be dragon sticker on top of my trunk lid, to cover up a dent. :( got sick of sticker. got used to dent. happily ever after. true story. k thanks

I guess if we're going that route...

When I first bought my car I put on my current rims 1 month after buying the car (18" Tenzos) but didn't install my TEINs until the car had its 2nd birthday! And in the meantime - I had an accident so I replaced my stock hood with a CF one and got TYC headlights... so for about 6 months my car had about 5 inches of wheel gap and a CF hood. Yea.

ajhdragon 05-17-2006 04:08 PM

double decker wing and decals.

misterpho7 05-17-2006 04:15 PM

Some red footwell lightening which still dosent work today. I'm not very good at wireing haha, i cutted the wrong wire from the transformer piece

TheSmuggler 05-17-2006 05:08 PM

Buying a Civic

MisterFrankieJ 05-17-2006 05:14 PM

Guilty of led windshield washer lights. They are off now tho haha.

01vic 05-17-2006 05:41 PM

ugh, i bought aluminum shifter bushings and went to put them on one night and broke off two of the bolts that hold the shifter down before i realized that they were rusted to the floor pan and werent coming off without busting....

had to drive to honda the next day to get them fixed and felt real stupid...

and now i have bushings that i cant do anything with.......