Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   goddamit! some chick hit my car... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/261232-goddamit-some-chick-hit-my-car.html)

pbfoot 05-14-2006 12:50 AM

goddamit! some chick hit my car...

this sucks. so i went to hang out with some friends in MA this weekend, left work, kind of sh!tty weather. not really raining, kind of drizzling, and the road was slick. so im driving up on friday night, traffic was moving kinda slow at this one place, the car in front of me stopped, i stopped, the chick behind me however didnt quite stop. plowed into me. i tried to get out of the way, but wasnt able to move into the side-lane. the chick hit me, knocked my car off the highway into the middle grassy area. i BARELY stopped before going into incoming traffic going the other way. soooooo fvcking lucky, because if i didnt stop someone from the other side would have slammed into me and totally spun me and probably wrecked my car completely.

this totally sucks! it could have been worse, but still. now i have to go and get my car fixed and deal with all that hassle. iher insurance better pay for it and i hope that my insurance doesnt go up. i dont know how they do it in nj, but i heard its a no fault state, so if youre in any accident regardless of fault your insurance goes up. i hope thats not true.

i took some photos, but theyre on film. so when i finish the roll ill post them up. just kinda wanted to vent a bit.

gearbox 05-14-2006 01:20 AM

wow sucky. its due to people driving on old tires that should be changed. i've never had problems stopping even in heavy rain.

dirtySAMURAI 05-14-2006 01:21 AM

sucks to hear that. hope everything goes well.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 05-14-2006 01:41 AM

fvck u doing at 2:00 in the morning driving and shit? haha mah bad im drunk right now!

cleancivic 05 05-14-2006 01:56 AM

^^^^don't u mean what the ****

sorry to hear man ....for the next couple of days its going to be a bitch

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 05-14-2006 02:27 AM

NO, you don't say the whole pharase, you just say... Fvck u doing?.. instead of what the fvck u doin? ... it's a PG thing. LOL.

sp3cialk 05-14-2006 03:22 AM

sorry to hear that.

Curiouz_G 05-14-2006 04:13 AM

yea get rdy to be on call for the next 48 hours after you file the claim.

DannyK35 05-14-2006 10:39 AM

Women.....can't drive.

WTF was she doing out of the kitchen anyway?

armieo 05-14-2006 10:41 AM

^haha rep.

NoiSe 05-14-2006 05:30 PM

^^ lol.

sucks to hear that Dan :tdown: how bad was the damage?

Excal 05-14-2006 05:40 PM

blah its only a POS miata :roflmao:

kidding dan...that sucks that bish hit you. Get those pics up lets see what the wh0re did to ya.

DeX 05-14-2006 07:25 PM

i BARELY stopped before going into incoming traffic going the other way. soooooo fvcking lucky, because if i didnt stop someone from the other side would have slammed into me and totally spun me and probably wrecked my car completely.
haha, so forget the fact you would have died, but your car would be totalled!
All the same though, you should have left enough room in front of you to move up. I always leave a car and a half for stuff like that and watch my rearview mirror when stopped.

gearbox 05-14-2006 07:30 PM

me too ^

pbfoot 05-14-2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by DeX
haha, so forget the fact you would have died, but your car would be totalled!
All the same though, you should have left enough room in front of you to move up. I always leave a car and a half for stuff like that and watch my rearview mirror when stopped.

who says i would have died? i dont think like that. i never think something im doing is going to lead to death...thats just not a way to go through life man.

i leave enough room for me to stop and not hit anyone. this wasnt the sort of situation where i had room to play with and i just decided to not leave enough room. lol car in front of me stopped suddenly, i stopped...car behind me didnt. if this was somehow my fault, i would completely admit to it and face the shame and ridicule at all your hands...but this was a totally faultless accident on my part.

and i always check my mirror...thats why i knew she wasnt gonna make it behind me. thats why i was trying to get into the side lane so that she wouldnt hit me...i just couldnt make it in time. if i didnt even make that effort, i would have plowed into the car in front of me from the impact, and who knows how many cars would have been involved in the end.

the sucky thing is, the chick was cute. HAHA i wonder if i should call her when this whole thing is all settled. :hgrin:

NoiSe 05-14-2006 08:30 PM

tell her she owes you dinner :rtfm: (and a bj perhaps too lol) :giggle:

kismylx 05-14-2006 08:36 PM

what kind of car was she driving

pbfoot 05-14-2006 09:21 PM

HAHA! yeah myke...ill tell her. :roflmao:

she was driving a 2003 hyundai accent..POS car...and it was STILL bigger than my miata. LOL

Civicman1988 05-14-2006 09:26 PM

at least your ok

dugs05civic 05-14-2006 11:07 PM

Here in Ohio if you get rear ended its automatically their fault regardless of road or weather conditions. They will cite you for unassured clear distance, I think thats a law that all states should abide by.

Teh_Sare 05-15-2006 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by pbfoot
the sucky thing is, the chick was cute. HAHA i wonder if i should call her when this whole thing is all settled. :hgrin:

haha now THAT sounds like the Dan oh we all know and love. :roflmao:

I'm sure the miata will be lookin hot as ever soon enough :tup:

Tofast4me 05-15-2006 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by DannyK35
Women.....can't drive.

WTF was she doing out of the kitchen anyway?

I can drive:rofl:

In the past 2 years I have had my civic and accord hit while parked. My civic had $6000 damage and my accord was written off. Both drivers were MEN

Anyways I hope you get everything fix with out a problem with insurance

lxcivic2k1 05-15-2006 10:09 AM

Sucks that you couldn't get out of the way.

Here in Missouri, if you get hit from the rear quarter back its the other persons fault even if you pull in front of them while trying to turn.

pbfoot 06-03-2006 03:13 PM

well, i just went to our family friend who is gonna fix my car. he said its probably gonna be better to paint the whole car instead of just the rear bumper. im wondering if i should paint it the same black, or pick another color...lol hmmmmm

if i decide to ever sell it, its gonna be obvious that the car has been painted since the carfax and title are gonna say the car is black, but the car will be another color. :shrug: but i dont like black...its a pain to keep it clean...but a gunmetal or something might be easier since its a metalic. silver would be even easier, but i think that might be not the best choice with the black top.

the one thing he said that i dont know if i feel good about is that hes gonna fix the rear bumper instead of putting on a new one. theres a small rip/tare in it from the impact, and that always makes me paranoid. like if it warps and the pain gets messed up or something. i dont doubt his skills, but its one of my little pet peeves i guess. i dont know. he didnt tell me how much it will cost yet, but he said its gonna be all ok. lol im hoping he gives me the "family discount" :giggle:

he said he might start on monday...sooooo, thats good news.

i still didnt finish my roll of film, so still no pix of the damage.

Shifty 06-03-2006 03:46 PM

did u take pics of the girl???

pbfoot 06-03-2006 04:33 PM

no, i didnt. my mind was on other things at that time. lol but she was pretty hot, from what i saw. the body definitely was well put together, and although she was wearing a hood from what i could see of her face she was cute. but i didnt take photos...that would have been a little weird and awkward. haha

i was trying to find her on myspace, but couldnt. kinda makes me wonder, what 22 year old girl isnt on myspace? :susp:

RHCP0801 06-03-2006 04:46 PM

hahahahaha that wouldve been funny if you said, i need to take pictures of the damage but can you stand in front of it and smile? the insurance company likes to know if the person is good looking or not

pbfoot 06-03-2006 04:48 PM

this might be her...i dont know, i cant view her pix cause her profile is private...but she kinda matches. blonde, face kinda looks like her, nice body, ny, i searched by her name...lol :shrug:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=16216004

RHCP0801 06-03-2006 04:49 PM

:damn::damn::damn: she is hot

pbfoot 06-03-2006 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
hahahahaha that wouldve been funny if you said, i need to take pictures of the damage but can you stand in front of it and smile? the insurance company likes to know if the person is good looking or not

HAHA! yeah...if only i had my real camera on me. i only had my cell cam...and that thing sucks anyway. lol

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
:damn::damn::damn: she is hot

yo...try to add her if you have myspace and then save the pix and post them in here. ill tell you if thats her or not. lol

oh yeah...just dont say its from this thread or anything...just pretend you found her or something lol