Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Sold my Civic, bought an Evo, now sick of the evo... What to get next? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/260330-sold-my-civic-bought-evo-now-sick-evo-what-get-next.html)

7m6m4 05-06-2006 02:34 PM

Sold my Civic, bought an Evo, now sick of the evo... What to get next?

deleted

UrAverageCivic 05-06-2006 03:57 PM

You should trade your evo with me and we'll both be happy.

CivicRookie 05-06-2006 04:52 PM

With all due respect... How in the hell do you go from Civic to Evo to... Vic again?

7m6m4 05-06-2006 05:52 PM

deleted

7m6m4 05-06-2006 05:55 PM

deleted

MrBlack 05-06-2006 06:47 PM

LOL dude i have an lx if ya want.. lets trade hell ill even drive alll the way to cali to tade it with ya (since ur planning on doing a engine swap) .. only mod is a CAI everything else is n top shape.lol but seriously man thats hard to believe if ur going to go though all of that y not just get an SI makes since to me.

PS.. just so u knwo Im joking with u.

prawdigy 05-06-2006 07:23 PM

Being that you said that the evo got boring, are you sure that you are utilizing all of its potential. I mean its fast, but have you canyon'd it?? Those susposedly handle better than STis. You may want to re-think what you are doing. FWD cars are okay, but they lack traction and control. Seriously, for 20k, you can do a lot more than mod a civic. That is a lot of money being thrown in, where the evo will take maybe 7k to get where that civic possibly could be. Iron block with forged internals will always be stronger than an aluminum block with forged internals.

VTEK2k2 05-06-2006 08:39 PM

since im a nice guy, i'll do an even trade...my 02 ex 5sp for ur evo...but u beter jump on it cause its not gona last long!

7m6m4 05-06-2006 09:04 PM

deleted

7m6m4 05-06-2006 09:19 PM

deleted

01vic 05-06-2006 09:33 PM

man, your life is so hard..... sorry you have to make such tough decisions like this....

ha!

7m6m4 05-06-2006 09:56 PM

deleted

VTEK2k2 05-06-2006 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 7m6m4
From what it sounds like I should keep my Evo. So far i have already put Tein S-Tech Coilovers on it, ARC front mount, ARC radiator, ARC intake, ARC spark plug cover, ARC Titanium Front Strut Bar, ARC radiator cap, 255lph Walbro fuel pump, Halman MBC, GSC 264/272 Cams, Gialla Corsa Front Bumper, Chargespeed Fenders, Chargespeed Side Skirts, Chargespeed Hood, Seibon Trunk, 5zigen 18x9.5 hyper Black wheels, Falken 265/35/18 tires, RS*R GT-II Ex-mag exhaust, JIC Downpipe, Helix test Pipe, and Bride Brix-II seats w/ willians harnesses. See my main intention was to make this a show car. Now I am over the whole show thing and I want to have one track car and one vip car for everyday use. (I will post pics of my Evo the moment I get of work)

dude, i really thought the first few mods were APC not ARC....i was like nooooooo!!!! hahah...dislexia sucks...

D5cIvIc 05-06-2006 10:51 PM

post some pics of the evo

dirtySAMURAI 05-06-2006 11:18 PM

haha, thanks for all of your offers. Well the thing is, yes I does handle very well, I have have taken it through the canyons plenty of times. But it seems like everytime I try to race my friend with an em2 he always seems to be right on my a$$. then whenever I try to beat my friends sr20det 180sx, same thing he is on my a$$. I just figured that by having a car that is drastically lighter than an evo with alot of power and highly tuned suspension I might just get what I have been looking for. Or I might just be wasting my time and money, which is why I posted this thread.

that just proves that you're an incompetent driver. if you absolutely cannot pull away from a civic in an evo, then you're definitely not driving the car the way it's supposed to be driven.

7m6m4 05-06-2006 11:39 PM

deleted

sephy 05-07-2006 07:01 AM

Get somethin RWD...

I'd opt for a BMW or a Corvette... either one from the early-to-mid 90's

That'd be rad :cool:

dirtySAMURAI 05-07-2006 09:56 AM

yeah a fully gutted em2 w/ a fully built k20a2. its best 1/4 mile time was 12.6. My cars best 1/4 mile time was 13.139

ok, so you're complaining that a fully built, race tuned civic is beating your evo.

XSRCivic 05-07-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by infinite012
ok, so you're complaining that a fully built, race tuned civic is beating your evo.

::cartman laugh::

7m6m4 05-07-2006 04:17 PM

deleted

dirtySAMURAI 05-07-2006 05:04 PM

i say keep the evo and tune it. they can make really good power and keep it all on the ground.

diskreet 05-07-2006 05:12 PM

Thank god someone else realizes that evos aren't all they are said to be!!!!

Anyway I would go with a new Si or a lightly used 350z or G35.

7m6m4 05-07-2006 08:05 PM

deleted

diskreet 05-07-2006 08:09 PM

thats very understandable, but the Si is slower.

The Si is also a little more tame, and a lot cheaper to maintain. Civics are just easy cars. They are all cheap, simple, and just plain fun. I love my civic. After putting 150 miles on my sister's accord (getting serviced here cause she is too busy to take it to a garage), and another 150 miles on my dad's camry (car she borrowed) this weekend, I greatly apprciate how honda makes the civic's so basic and so good for the price.
Honestly my car is a $17000 car or whatever, and its steering, accelleration, braking, and overall interior comfort (well, RSX leathers help a lot) are twice as nice as my dad's $26000 camry.

CuRiOuSfIsH 05-07-2006 08:14 PM

so you feel the G35/350Z are slow huh? They are still faster than a Civic Si. I would much rather keep the Evo. You said, you have seen Civic's pack a lot of power and still handle well. Unless youre definition of packing power is 230WHP, most front drive cars not meant to handle over 230WHP will NOT handle well. Unless youre talking about the street, but then how can you judge how well a car handles simply on street use?

diskreet 05-07-2006 08:17 PM

Well how many people track a car, and how many of them actually go to a real race track with turns? (OMGF! TURNZ!!! I KN0WW!!!11)

As a gaily driver the Si is great, and its one of the best handling FWD cars out hands down. Read reviews on it and everyone is raving over how much it has improved over previous civics especially in handling!

xkimsungminx 05-07-2006 09:31 PM

hey, you should do what alot of civic owners wish to do/ or end up doing... going and getting yourself a nice lil ol s2000 :D. now that... is a sports car. you COULD keep your evo and tune it nicely, but make sure you don't do anything dumb and detonate your engine. i personally would not get an evo, because it's made by a company that makes tv's that aren't even that great (or used to atleast), and i wouldn't want to drive a car that has one of the crappiest interiors a car can possibly have. what's the point if all it's good at doing is going fast and wasting gas?? =| i don't know.. just my thoughts. an 04 or 05 S2000 would be really nice though!! think about it, and you could always go FI and tune the living bish out of it, and it'll still handle well.

CuRiOuSfIsH 05-07-2006 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by diskreet
Well how many people track a car, and how many of them actually go to a real race track with turns? (OMGF! TURNZ!!! I KN0WW!!!11)

As a gaily driver the Si is great, and its one of the best handling FWD cars out hands down. Read reviews on it and everyone is raving over how much it has improved over previous civics especially in handling!

i'm not bashing the Si..... I have read all types of reviews for that car, but I just feel you cant say a car handles real well without bringing it to a road course of autox atleast once. And try putting 350WHP into the Si and then tell me if it handles well.

diskreet 05-07-2006 09:46 PM

Ok ill put 350hp into it and it will handle the same as before. I would probably do engine torque dampers and better mounts all around, but other than that the Si is a great platform.

And have you seen it slalom for car tests? It really does surprisingly well, so don't comment on AutoX when it has shown its good at that kind of driving

CuRiOuSfIsH 05-07-2006 11:06 PM

I think youre getting the wrong idea about what I'm trying to say... and becoming a bit harsh. My point is, lots of power and front wheel drive is not such a good mix.... thats all. I know the reviews say the Si handles well. I'm not arguing that point. the point of this thread was to compare the Civic to the Evo, pros and cons, not about Si handling in stock form. But, high HP Evo I would think would be easier to manage than a high HP Civic Si. Would I be wrong about that?