Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My other car is the biggest POS!!!!!1111!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/259531-my-other-car-biggest-pos-1111-a.html)

blouisgod 04-29-2006 08:05 PM

My other car is the biggest POS!!!!!1111!!

http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/15...Y5648237_1.jpg

Man, this thing sucks. Always a ****ing problem. Tonight, it misfired for some reason and is running like puke. Its got all these damn systems, like a Ford Vtec, aka, IMRC that sucks but supposedly feels like "turbo boost [hahah yeah right]" above 3500 rpms and god damn drive-by-wire which is junk. Its got a 170hp 24v v6 with a stick but weighs 3000+ lbs too. It cant win.

After having this thing, the honda is so much more simplier and logical, it is like working on a peice of wood compared to the cougar and all the computer shit.

I :heart: my Hon-dah.

diskreet 04-29-2006 08:36 PM

Well i just say a cougar broken down, completly dead, and it had less than 70,000 miles. They are crap, and I am so sorry you are living through that

drew22mader 04-29-2006 08:42 PM

My friend who is a girl had 1, it quit, bought another if caught on fire, so what does she do? She buys another one, and its on it's last leg.

diskreet 04-29-2006 08:48 PM

LOL girls buy cars based on cutness. thats a cute car (no offense) by girl standards so I know a few girls with them and they all break all the time.

gearbox 04-29-2006 09:22 PM

haha yea wow people never learn i guess. i could never buy a new car again. the design is getting too weird with computers and such. i wanna be able to actually do things, not throw on an intake and hope good ol ecu will do something

blouisgod 04-29-2006 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by diskreet
LOL girls buy cars based on cutness. thats a cute car (no offense) by girl standards so I know a few girls with them and they all break all the time.

its definately a chik IMO, i have it blacked out so no one can see in, but no dudes keep looking in to see if its a girl.

its got 70k and I thought itd be a good DD... but the a/c broke, it got hit, the sunroof broke, now this... I hate it. Im going to replace the ignition tomorrow and take a look at the fuel pump, I guess theres issues there but ford doesnt recall shit (not the Firestone issue) :flush:

diskreet 04-29-2006 10:37 PM

hehe black out so no one knows you are driving the thing hehe. +rep!

good luck. you should look for a replacement though!

yourinmyw0rld 04-29-2006 11:36 PM

sell it and get a RWD car like a 240 or something

Havok2k1 04-29-2006 11:42 PM

i had a 99 and it was nothing but problems. The car had 3 new alternators between 18k and 24k and when I got rid of it, it needed another one. Nevermind the other problems...

It def does make you appreciate a honda...

Al Gore FTW 04-29-2006 11:50 PM

i agree with the thread title, taking into consideration what you said about the car.

cleancivic 05 04-30-2006 06:08 AM

yeah those car are garbage car for just put it out to just add something to the merc line up

blouisgod 04-30-2006 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by diskreet
hehe black out so no one knows you are driving the thing hehe. +rep!

good luck. you should look for a replacement though!

You know it! It is the biggest pos, but I can get it running right so I can sell it or trade it and get something for it. Maybe I can get 5g's for it if im lucky. Thats crazy when you think about an EM2 being worth about $9-10k and having a $3000 less MSRP.

modoman 04-30-2006 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
haha yea wow people never learn i guess. i could never buy a new car again. the design is getting too weird with computers and such. i wanna be able to actually do things, not throw on an intake and hope good ol ecu will do something

amen!

blouisgod 04-30-2006 01:50 PM

Man, you gotta hear this shit. I got some new plugs and wires to cure the misfire at autozone. In short, the wires and plugs were not Motorcarft "quality" and the ****ing car is not firing right with the new plugs and wire set. Soooo, i have to take them out, put the stockers in, and go to the dealer and get a new DEALER set. WTF, This car is so god damn picky.

tony_buttons 04-30-2006 01:58 PM

Yeah , back in 98 I had a 95 mercury mystique with the same engine... good ol 2.5 v6 duratec. I riced it out a little with exhaust and neons, lol. It was kinda quick, but I crashed it. Then I made the mistake of getting another one... OMG nothing but problems, and it died a long time ago... some exhaust manifold/catalytic converter issue. I liked the way the engine sounded, though.

gearbox 04-30-2006 02:10 PM

just go floor the gas to teach it a lesson

blouisgod 04-30-2006 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
just go floor the gas to teach it a lesson

hahah i think my gf did that when it misfired and threw a rod :giggle:

Freagin' blondes!:moon:

mazdakiril 04-30-2006 06:18 PM

haha i cant believe a thread like this started because my gf has a cougar and its all problems, thats why now she is getting a 300 in less then i month.