Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Who would u trust giving ur keys too...? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/259046-who-would-u-trust-giving-ur-keys-too.html)

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 02:58 PM

Who would u trust giving ur keys too...?

ok so after a member by the alias (02BLKCIVIC) posted this thread...
"DON"T SLAM MY DOORS"

it got me thinking a bit.

who do you trust the most that you would let them drive your car without being it it. Reason I asked is cuz i'm getting really nervous that my mom is getting her license soon and i'm sure she's gonna ask me to borrow my ride..ohhh nooooooo... :_please: i'm gonna have to come up with a lot of excuses why she can't have it. My girl rides with me all the time and i'd trust her more than my mom when it comes to letting her drive my car...but still i won't even trust my girl by herself. and it's not really a male>female thing...cuz my best friends are males and i'll never give em my keys...so let me know what u guys think or do u have anyone u can trust & feel comfortable giving up ur keys too...??? :tup:

Kevbotron 04-26-2006 03:03 PM

I trust Me Myself an I! I won't give my keys to anyone (unless I am slightly inebriated:) and I'm in the passenger seat)

lxcivic2k1 04-26-2006 03:08 PM

I only trust my dad since hes the one who taught me to drive stick....other than him no one else drives my car. I'm trying to get my sister to drive so I can teach her to drive stick, but she won't. I'd only trust my sister if I was in the car.

civicPesek 04-26-2006 03:10 PM

i let my sister and gf drives my car.. but then again i know how they drive so i can trust them

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 03:17 PM

quote by kevbotrom: I trust Me Myself an I! I won't give my keys to anyone (unless I am slightly inebriated and I'm in the passenger seat
lol...yeah sometimes u just don't feel comfortable with anyone else....it's like u have to at least be in the car to make sure ur baby is safe.

quote by lxcivic2k1: I only trust my dad since hes the one who taught me to drive stick....other than him no one else drives my car. I'm trying to get my sister to drive so I can teach her to drive stick, but she won't. I'd only trust my sister if I was in the car.

quote by civicpesek: i let my sister and gf drives my car.. but then again i know how they drive so i can trust them

yeah i feel you guys in this situation, it's like that's what i'm kinda going through with my g/f...i've been givng her a lot of tips on what to look out for and stuff to make sure she's on point when it's time to get behind the wheel.

xbeebop 04-26-2006 03:22 PM

i would probably only let myself or my dad drive my car. or one of my best friends, as long as i was in the car.

Civorama 04-26-2006 03:27 PM

Just me and my dad only because he bought it, friends no, mom was in a car accident a few years ago so cant which in this instance is good, so just me and my dad drive it but hes got the h2 so its mainly me who drives it

Kevbotron 04-26-2006 03:27 PM

yeah i feel you guys in this situation, it's like that's what i'm kinda going through with my g/f...i've been givng her a lot of tips on what to look out for and stuff to make sure she's on point when it's time to get behind the wheel.
I taught my ex-Gf how to drive (w/ my car), but I still don't trust her behind the wheel of my car by herself and I also convinced her to get a 05' DX sedan :)

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by xbeebop
i would probably only let myself or my dad drive my car. or one of my best friends, as long as i was in the car.

yeah i think I can only think of one bestfriend I would let drive, but i gotta still be in the car with him..oh man it's hard to trust people.:shrug:

Civorama
Just me and my dad only because he bought it, friends no, mom was in a car accident a few years ago so cant which in this instance is good, so just me and my dad drive it but hes got the h2 so its mainly me who drives it

mom was in a car accident..dang see now i'm scared...:confused:

Kevbotron: I taught my ex-Gf how to drive (w/ my car), but I still don't trust her behind the wheel of my car by herself and I also convinced her to get a 05' DX sedan
hmmmmm not a bad idea... :)

Devani 04-26-2006 03:45 PM

Dont teach anyone stick with your own car.....

those who wants to learn manual and tells me to teach them....

I ALWAYS tell them to bring their own manual car and I will teach them....Just NOT WITH MY CAR

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Devani

I ALWAYS tell them to bring their own manual car and I will teach them....Just NOT WITH MY CAR

:lol: YES GOOD POINT.. I agree 110% and if they don't have a car...then oh well... :lol:

02BLKCIVIC 04-26-2006 03:52 PM

O' shit man. This next buds for you. :_beer: :tup:

No one! :tup: My parents have NEVER driven my car. My close friends "tried" out my new clutch. (have had two new clutchs). My girl... she also "tried" to learn 5 speed with my baby :_disgust:

Even when my car is being worked, on and the (tec) or employee needs to drive it up a ramp. I'm all "Ehh, the car has a stage 2 clutch & 8lbs flywheel" :shrug: "sooooooo once you stall it I'm gona drive it up the ramp... OK!" :hithead:

NO ONE the answer is no one!! :tup:

Kevbotron 04-26-2006 03:52 PM

well, she basically learned in a deserted parking lot:):):)

CuRiOuSfIsH 04-26-2006 03:53 PM

if I'm not in the car, there is only 1 other person I trusted with my Civic, and that is my brother, no one else.

stinkypie 04-26-2006 04:01 PM

Here's a question for ya: Would you trust one of your fellow 7thgen buddies to drive your car? There are some that I would, and others who don't seem to have the mentality to comprehend a sentence written in simple english that I wouldn't even trust watching me drive my car.

That being said, I would trust my parents, and a select few friends.

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
O' shit man. This next buds for you. :_beer: :tup:

No one! :tup: My parents have NEVER driven my car. My close friends "tried" out my new clutch. (have had two new clutchs). My girl... she also "tried" to learn 5 speed with my baby :_disgust:

Even when my car is being worked, on and the (tec) or employee needs to drive it up a ramp. I'm all "Ehh, the car has a stage 2 clutch & 8lbs flywheel" :shrug: "sooooooo once you stall it I'm gona drive it up the ramp... OK!" :hithead:

NO ONE the answer is no one!! :tup:

:_beer: cheers bro...dang after all what ur car went through I can understand why you won't trust anyone no more... :)

Kevbotron: well, she basically learned in a deserted parking lot

ok Kev mang...you got me..so i'll change my agreement to 90% as long as it's safe it's cool...but don't let what happened to 02BLKCIVIC's car happend to yours... :)

CuRiOuSfIsH: if I'm not in the car, there is only 1 other person I trusted with my Civic, and that is my brother, no one else

brotherly love...that's rare...no pun :) dang i can't even trust my own bro..but much props to u Curious...

diskreet 04-26-2006 04:07 PM

Myself, my mom and dad, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, Michael Schumacher, Alonso, Raikkonen, Massa, Fisichella, Schumacher (brother), Montoya, Barrichello, Scott Speed, etc.

Absolutly not my sister!!

02BLKCIVIC 04-26-2006 04:08 PM

:lol: Good Times :lol: :rofl: :hgrin: :lol: :tup:

Cliff notes: Dont take turns at 90MPH! :repost:

Offtopic: ^ your new sig Diskreet is too mutch... :lol: :lol: :hgrin:

diskreet 04-26-2006 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
Dont take turns at 90MPH! :repost:

That's ridiculous!!!!!
90mph may be fast for some tight turns, but most roads that are 45+ mph zones should be ok at 90 mph with good tires.

02BLKCIVIC 04-26-2006 04:12 PM

Yep aint it a same :shake: (We dont have an autobahn)

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypie
Here's a question for ya: Would you trust one of your fellow 7thgen buddies to drive your car? There are some that I would, and others who don't seem to have the mentality to comprehend a sentence written in simple english that I wouldn't even trust watching me drive my car.

That being said, I would trust my parents, and a select few friends.

y0 that's real right there...that's a great question actually. since i've been here i've met a lot of cool peeps and a lot them prolly knows the car better than some of the guys in the damn dealers that work for honda..with that said good point Stinkypie.

Kevbotron 04-26-2006 04:15 PM

ok Kev mang...you got me..so i'll change my agreement to 90% as long as it's safe it's cool...but don't let what happened to 02BLKCIVIC's car happend to yours...

Cliff notes: Dont take turns at 90MPH!

Putting 2 and 2 together here, ohhhhhhhhhh no!:eek: :_doh::hithead:

02BLKCIVIC 04-26-2006 04:19 PM

I dont mean to highjack but it's a :repost: ^^^

BUT... http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255156:hithead: :tup:

A huge e-fight broke out and they closed my thread early! :shake:

RHCP0801 04-26-2006 04:19 PM

i dont let any of my friends drive, only me and 2 of my brothers have driven it so far but im nervous everytime they do...they have only done it like 3 times each tho.

hotdogpilot 04-26-2006 04:21 PM

my parents, who taught me how to drive, are probably the some of the few people i trust with my car. some of my closest friends ever are people who i can trust with my life and with my money and whatnot, but they cant drive for shit, so not even them (even if i was sleepy, lit, sick, etc.). i only trust a very small handful of friends and some older cousins who i know can certainly drive well and safely.

simplicated1979 04-26-2006 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by diskreet
Myself, my mom and dad, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, Michael Schumacher, Alonso, Raikkonen, Massa, Fisichella, Schumacher (brother), Montoya, Barrichello, Scott Speed, etc.

Absolutly not my sister!!

:lol: wow that's a lot of people u can trust...I think you just broke the record. :) "absolutely not my sister" :lol:

RHCP0801: i dont let any of my friends drive, only me and 2 of my brothers have driven it so far but im nervous everytime they do...they have only done it like 3 times each tho.
yeah mang i can relate with the nervous feelings...

hotdogpilot: my parents, who taught me how to drive, are probably the some of the few people i trust with my car. some of my closest friends ever are people who i can trust with my life and with my money and whatnot, but they cant drive for shit, so not even them (even if i was sleepy, lit, sick, etc.). i only trust a very small handful of friends and some older cousins who i know can certainly drive well and safely.

this post is sooooo true... :tup:
espcially the cousin part... I remember when i had to go pick my car up. My cousin's car was in terrible shape. Being that I was the more experience driver I drove his car back from the dealer and had to trust him to drive my car. But ask me to trust my best friend...oh helll nooo... but i can trust my best friend with my money and life but not my cousin... lol

drive_fast_dail 04-26-2006 04:29 PM

I trust my brother and my dad. I made an exception and taught a friend how to drive a stick because hes going to buy a car with one soon, but thats alright now he has to let me drive his :D Definately wouldnt trust any friends alone.

diskreet 04-26-2006 04:30 PM

Well considering all the people, other than me, my mom, and my dad, drive cars professionally. I figured if they can handle F1 cars and Enzos and F430s then they can easily not crash my civic!
Hopefully in a few years Ill go from myself, to myself the race car driver (:lol:)

02BLKCIVIC 04-26-2006 04:32 PM

"jerry was a race car driver" :Primus music hits:

diskreet 04-26-2006 04:35 PM

I am really set on getting into racing professionally, I just hope I don't need a $500,000 3 year trip to Europe to learn how to do it. I am hoping Racing school and a few small (formula 2000, kart, etc) races for a few years will be enough.

+Rep to anyone who can figure out why I brought up the Europe trip. Hint: The racer's parents own a glass shop or factory of some sorts. They are a very famous racer now, although won't make millions... yet.