Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   anyone else feel like the modding never stops? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/255048-anyone-else-feel-like-modding-never-stops.html)

gearbox 04-02-2006 05:06 PM

anyone else feel like the modding never stops?

I mean, I've had my car 4 years now, it has been through so much and has so many mods, I've said to myself at least 5 times that wow its exactly the way i want, then I think of another handful of mods to do. Like right now even I have more things planned and on order just out of nowhere. And I have to wonder, will this go on as long as I have the car? I think it will... which makes me think if i gained 50 mods in 4 yrs, what will it look like next year, or the year after? Kinda interesting.

blouisgod 04-02-2006 05:09 PM

I agree, it never ends. There's always something to mess with.

boricua_civic 04-02-2006 05:11 PM

It's like sex :evil:

dirtySAMURAI 04-02-2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by boricua_civic
It's like sex :evil:

that stops when you get so old that when you stand up you poop your pants

boricua_civic 04-02-2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012
that stops when you get so old that when you stand up you poop your pants

Well, the lady below me will have to live with that :giggle:

RHCP0801 04-02-2006 05:16 PM

yea i agree, i always say ok im not gonna do anymore i spend way too much money doing this, couple of days or weeks later i have a million more idea's i want to do, i have a feeling its gonna be like this forever

ragingSPAM 04-02-2006 05:18 PM

yea i feel that too...it feels like it never stops but at times i look at my car and go damn it looks so finished and ready to go

vacivic2005 04-02-2006 05:19 PM

it's an uncontrollable addiction. i have my car right where i want it, interior and exterior wise. now i want to go K20a2 :(. if i do that, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

ramcosca 04-02-2006 05:21 PM

Well, the lady below me will have to live with that :giggle:

Just below? Man, you suck at sex. You know how many positions there are? :giggle:

Modding our cars is a vicious circle that never, ever stops. It just keeps going and going... like Duracell. Ah, hell. It's a Honda. That's why it never stops!

xRiCeBoYx 04-02-2006 05:24 PM

its hella addictive.. too bad this shit's expensive... i guess its better than a drug addiction.. lol

7thGenerasianCivic 04-02-2006 05:28 PM

I had told myself before, "I'm only going to put wheels on, that's it!"... nope... hahahahaha

vacivic2005 04-02-2006 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Just below? Man, you suck at sex. You know how many positions there are? :giggle:

Modding our cars is a vicious circle that never, ever stops. It just keeps going and going... like Duracell. Ah, hell. It's a Honda. That's why it never stops!

i think you mean energizer.

http://www.energizer.com/images/bunn...gBunny_img.jpg

Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I had told myself before, "I'm only going to put wheels on, that's it!"... nope... hahahahaha

cant get wheels without a drop :cool:

ramcosca 04-02-2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
i think you mean energizer.

D'oh! :_doh: Yeah that one! lol

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
cant get wheels without a drop :cool:

And drops look soooo nice when you got lip kits on... :hgrin:

Al Gore FTW 04-02-2006 05:43 PM

lol, when i got my civic i had nothing planned, just a stereo upgrade. that was like 650-800ish. by the time i was done with the car, i was in $4700 in mods, brakes, suspension, 3 sets of wheels with tires (winter, summer, track). its an addiction, but its better than most. at least most of us that mod have something to show for it, other than people that are addicted to drugs and the like.

xtheenderx 04-02-2006 06:16 PM

well first, i guess u gotta ask your self, do you like to do it? i mean u shouldnt have any problem as long as your having fun :roflmao:. It's an expensive hobby but who cares as long as your doing what you like to do. you only have 1 life so live it according to what you like to do, so the modding does go on.

mndthegap1 04-02-2006 06:36 PM

yeah it never ends.
ive been through 4 sets of different seats
5 sets of rims, 4 systems.
and now im getting my car back in a day or 2 and
i dont even have it back yet and allready thinking of other stuff to do.

but yeah it never ends it is very addictive.
and as xtheenderx says its an expensive hobby who cares so long as your having fun.. i agree with that.

boricua_civic 04-02-2006 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ramcosca

dude, When being 96 yrs old and pooping the shit out of me whenever I stand, the biatch is lucky if she's below me:giggle:

shmik1 04-02-2006 06:39 PM

havent u taken pics over all these years? I have pics of mine b4 it was even home.

its weird looking back on it...

boricua_civic 04-02-2006 06:41 PM

Yeah, I dont even like it when it was stock while comparing it today with all the parts and mods It has

gearbox 04-02-2006 06:44 PM

actually i liked mine bone stock cause it felt new. i like it better now that its not as rice, but doesn't feel as new.

boricua_civic 04-02-2006 06:46 PM

My car feels like new, it has 9k miles on it and its interior smells like new :p

ramcosca 04-02-2006 06:56 PM

dude, When being 96 yrs old and pooping the shit out of me whenever I stand, the biatch is lucky if she's below me:giggle:

:lol:

My car feels like new, it has 9k miles on it and its interior smells like new :p

Diablo, papi! 9,000 miles? Hahaha! You don't like driving, do you? My car hit the 40ks this weekend. :susp:

Originally Posted by gearbox
actually i liked mine bone stock cause it felt new. i like it better now that its not as rice, but doesn't feel as new.

Thing is, Steve-O, that your car is more personal now. The car is more yours, you know? That's one of the reasons one mods and mods and mods. You go on with your mind, your own thoughts, you own likes/dislikes. People change over time, you know.

gearbox 04-02-2006 06:58 PM

ya thats why the car changes too. i guess we get tired of the same thing all the time. Would be cool if i still have this car when im 30+

ramcosca 04-02-2006 07:05 PM

ya thats why the car changes too. i guess we get tired of the same thing all the time. Would be cool if i still have this car when im 30+

Well, treat it right and mantain it. The car will last just as long as the good treatment lasts. It's a Honda!

DeX 04-02-2006 07:33 PM

I want to get wheels. But if I get wheels, I'll need springs. And if I get springs, I'll need a camber kit. I know what you mean.

TransformedBG 04-02-2006 08:13 PM

NO the modding never! Its all part of tuning my friend! lol. I love it. I love money! I love spending it! I love making goofy replys.

EM2typeflex 04-02-2006 08:42 PM

Damn Gear, I already thought you were 30. :lol:

All I need is an lsd, some ep3 ctr recaro's, takata's, and I said I'd be done. But I know rhd is possible, I keep on telling myself all I wanted was to build the complete car and I'd stop, but rhd is calling me out.:lol: Especially now since my homeboy just got a rhd front clip for his rsx, I don't wanna be out done.

MYK1013 04-02-2006 08:57 PM

I think all modders feel the same.
The modding never ends and it's because everyone's always trying to outdo everybody.

When I firt got my civic, I told myself just get rims and I/H/E. Now I'm in the process of a full lip kit, and a possibly a new paintjob after graduation. There's always something new and better coming out and we seem like we're never satisfied.

NOgoEM2 04-02-2006 09:29 PM

you would think that by having a girlfriend who wasn't into cars and wants to get married some day would be able to stop you from modding your car but the thing that sucks is having all your boys have hooked up cars and seem to base a lot of the conversations around what they want to do next to their cars....LOL

ragingSPAM 04-02-2006 09:41 PM

my friend always says car modding is something he would never wish upon others...not even his enemies...its addicting as hell especially once u start seeing results and you want more of that rush so u keep spending and modding