Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Is it true that 9 out of 10 honda civics are automatic? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/254806-true-9-out-10-honda-civics-automatic.html)

Mafia Pride 03-31-2006 05:26 PM

Is it true that 9 out of 10 honda civics are automatic?

The guy at the dealership told me it is going to be really hard to get me a manual since they don't make to many of them, and if i want one i will have to wait for a while atleast 2months, and by the way does anyone here have a link that shows automatics with intakes and stuff i want to hear the way they sound compare to a manual wich i know sounds better.

And will a metallic pearl blue be a good option? or should i go with silver smoke looking color?

Ser1N 03-31-2006 05:29 PM

9 out of 10? dont sound right to me, most of the people i know drive manual hehe

Johnold 03-31-2006 05:33 PM

i don't think that it's hard to find a HONDA thats manual. mine is manual. it's a 2002. i'd rather have a manual anyways. if i were you. i'd wait for that manual to come in. the odds of automatic over manual are not by much. i think they make manuals just as much as they make automatics. some people would rather have manuals over auto's or the other way around. i don't know. but if you're wanting to get a manual. than get one. wait for it man!. once you get that automatic. THATS IT!. no turning back.......WAIT.

MoniraInc 03-31-2006 05:34 PM

i don't know if thats true or not but it sounds like some crap a salesman would say to you so you'd buy whatever car they have there now.

Johnold 03-31-2006 05:40 PM

yeah man! wait your ass! get a manual. they last a WHOLE LOT LONGER THAN AUTOMATICS. don't let that salesman prick tell you any different. it's your car. you're gonna let some sellsman make your mind up for you?

ringflyer 03-31-2006 05:49 PM

thats the same thing honda told my dad and I when we went there looking for a car for my mom. We were looking into getting her an '05 LX (in canada) and they said it would most likely have to be automatic unless we wanted to wait for them to find one. they said something along the lines of 8 or 9 out of 10 are automatics, which IMO is GAY!

Ichiban 03-31-2006 06:06 PM

That is not true because the autos are extra. As in it costs more to make an auto for the civic so there are probably more manuals than autos. If you look at the prices manuals are usually cheaper in general. The salesperson is just trying to sell you the car as soon as he can so he can get paid.

Johnold 03-31-2006 06:27 PM

YUP! thats TOTALLY true!. they have to make their money. besides. it DOES infact cost less to buy a manual than an automatic cause thats why they're called AUTOMATIC. they automatically shift the gears for you. and that my friend is considered a luxury and a convenience. manuals are well.....MANUAL! LOL. most people don't wanna bother with manually shifting the gears and putting them into their places cause that other hand could be used to better the person while eating a double quarter pounder. *plain, with JUST the cheese* :lol: :tup:

Transformer_Guy 03-31-2006 07:53 PM

I could imagine the fact that most civics sold are automatic. Many people who buy hondas in general have families or are used for other purposes other than modding and racing so if you really want to prove this theory, go to a local mall on the weekend and take a look inside all the civics you see and im sure most of them will be automatic