Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   i'm gettin the magnaflow exhaust system soon (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/251583-im-gettin-magnaflow-exhaust-system-soon.html)

CIVIC X3 03-12-2006 09:45 PM

i'm gettin the magnaflow exhaust system soon

well i've decided to get the magnaflow after searching about esplier, evo 2, skunk 2 exhaust system, and the hks hi-power axsle back. since esplier is new i havent heard much about it so i didnt do anymore search for it, while the evo 2 canister is BIG and i heard that you will scratch it alot, and skunk 2 might be too loud for me. any input about the magnaflow exhaust that i shouldnt get it? i heard its not loud which is a big concern to me, and has a nice tone to it. also i can get it for only $334.00 for the whole exhaust system.

RHCP0801 03-12-2006 09:47 PM

ive heard good things about it but i loveeeeeeeee my skunk 2....nice and loud :sweet: but good luck with it

Rep daVinci 03-13-2006 09:02 AM

Magnaflow is what was reccomended to me by a few people on here because I'm looking for a very low rumble....don't like the loud whiners.

CIVIC X3 03-14-2006 08:42 PM

yeah, i'm leaning toward the magnaflow the most right now. plannin to order it sometimes next week.

mrtrinh 03-14-2006 08:51 PM

from experience, problem with magnaflow is that it hangs too low... scratches over speedbumps and my car is not even lowered yet. I should have gone with the greddy

s0ltker 03-14-2006 08:59 PM

i love my magnaflow, yes it hits speedbumps, but i'm lowered lol. Any exhaust will prolly scrape on speedbumps depending on how big the bump is.

you cant go wrong with it mang. If u want i'll post my vid of mine.

VTEK2k2 03-14-2006 09:01 PM

yes post a vid cause im interested too

03hce 03-14-2006 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
ive heard good things about it but i loveeeeeeeee my skunk 2....nice and loud :sweet: but good luck with it

Me too... I loveeeeeeee my skunk2. Magnaflow is a good product to though!

Ken2k2 03-14-2006 09:14 PM

I've got the magnaflow and love it. If you take the car to a shop they can weld the system together for you instead of using the clamps. They will also be able to raise the piping so it doesn't hang to low. that's the same problem i had. the only section that was low was the front area where it bolts to the down pipe. I would also recommend removing the resonator as the system is a little too quiet with it on. But yes the system has a nice low tone to it. when just cruising along you don't even really hear it but step on the gas and you know its there.

s0ltker 03-14-2006 09:48 PM

yes post a vid cause im interested too
i'll upload the vid soon, tomorrow the latest it'll be up.

TeLLy 03-14-2006 09:54 PM

Got one and loving it. Nice deep tone and a nice-looking rear section. No noticable power increase though, not that any exhaust actually give you any usable HP. Your only (MINOR) concern is that the piping hangs pretty close to some parts of the underbody, so if your hangers are worn (those rubber ovals with the H cutout) I could see you feeling some rattle. Thankfully I went with polyurethane exhaust mounts so I don't get much of that. My car is pretty low even at her winter height, last week I dropped the body pretty hard onto a speedbump, and scraped a good portion of the exhaust. When I got out of the car and checked it looked like my muffler had been twisted to the left - totally possible since the piping is held together by exhaust clamps and not bolts and flanges. So ywh, the "Magnaflow" logo is a little tilted but it's no big deal, when I get under the car in spring I'll just twist it back. Hope this info is useful in your decision.

Curiouz_G 03-14-2006 10:02 PM

so hows it sound to the greddy? im lovin mine but im lookin into getting a new one maybe...

RedBull 03-14-2006 10:19 PM

I've had the Magnaflow exhaust for awhile now... and i'm totally happy with it. I could feel better pushes in all gears after it was installed... i also have a cai though. It does give off a nice mellow hum... but does get loud right when you want it too. I actually had someone ask me if i swapped a V6 into my ride... cause he said it didn't sound anything like a fourbanger. ;)

I would get it installed at a Pro Magnaflow installer... that way you can keep the warranty on the parts and install. I slammed my shite acouple times and just went back and they readjusted it for free. I only paid $400 for the full exhaust and install... military discount. ;) Also... pick up some stainless steal polish/protectant... and keep it nice looking. ;)

Oh and a Magnaflow installer will weld and use the clamps... if they know what they are doing... cause this exhaust has the tendency to be loose when cold... but warms up fast enough... no welding will give you a slight rattle in really cold weather, mostly cause it's stainless steal.

CIVIC X3 03-15-2006 11:22 PM

wow...very good input from everyone. some of you said its a lil too quiet. THATS my main CONCERN...i do not want it to be loud. only when i'm at WOT then its ok. i saw a guy on here sayin that he got the magnaflow exhaust at nopi.com for only 344.00...so i'm gettin mines there.

gunmetalrocks 03-15-2006 11:43 PM

I got a magnaflow and i really like it. Nice low tone, i wish it was a little louder tho. Definitely go to a shop and have them weld it together, cause with thoes clamps you'll ripp it right off if your not careful

CIVIC X3 03-15-2006 11:57 PM

but weldin the pipe together would be hard to remove it later wouldnt it?

anyway to make the clamps to hold tighter?

Honda2k4 03-16-2006 01:41 PM

i had mine welded together, with the clamps on air was leaking out.

there shouldnt be a problem removing it, it'll just be one piece

s0ltker 03-16-2006 08:57 PM

heres the vid i promised....only mod is magnaflow catback. I'll make another video once I install my short ram.

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...T1NK8VJSARSTRM

XxReverbxX 03-17-2006 04:39 PM

heres some pics from my magnaflow exhaust

CIVIC X3 03-17-2006 10:15 PM

very nice vid soltker...i'm definitely gettin the magnaflow exhaust. sounds very nice. not ricey one bit. guess the only problem with it is weldin the pipe together and it hangin too low. but i've decided to get it anyways.

also, did you weld your pipes soltker?

gearbox 03-17-2006 11:59 PM

just have an exhaust shop raise it a bit or you'll scrape.

that vid sounds great!

s0ltker 03-18-2006 12:38 PM

i had the exhaust shop install it on my break at work...lol somtimes I dont have time for projects. And no he didnt weild it. It hangs a little low, but for my its not that big of a deal. I'd say install it, and if the height bothers u, take it to an exhaust shop.

Btw I got my short ram install yesterday, and I'll film tonight. So I should have another vid tonight, if not tomorrow.

MBison 03-19-2006 07:20 AM

i have magnaflow and i love it. i wish the canister would be smaller though. ive seen smaller canisters made by magnaflow for our civics. id have to call them up and see how much they would charge me for that.

fieryhill 03-19-2006 10:00 AM

I want a low deeper sounding exhaust and was considering the magnaflow, it definately sounds really good but I saw dru106 had the OEM RSX-S exhaust on his car and I really like the way it looks, then I'm left with wondering what it sounds like.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250655

Cptn. Slow 03-19-2006 10:11 AM

one other thing you might consider if you know there is a muffler shop you can trust is ordering one of Magnaflow's Univeral Stainless Steel w/ Tip(s) mufflers. That way you get the look you want and something that would sound like this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77251333501047
the pipe is 2.25 inch and the muffler is from their Street Series. And all together it was under $300. Just a suggestion

MBison 03-19-2006 02:50 PM

i'd just need the muffler if so.

CIVIC X3 03-19-2006 03:33 PM

efil on evol on....although the exhaust might be from magnaflow, it doesnt sound the same as s0ltker's exhaust sound. s0ltker's exhaust sounds alot better.

BlueBomber04 03-19-2006 03:38 PM

I just purchased the Magnaflow cat back exhaust and i am very happy with it. it has a very nice low tone and sounds mean when your in the high revs. very well priced and nice looking. Not only that magnaflow does tones of research befor designing there products. I am also running a V2 dual chamber intake which helps.

JP375 03-19-2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by s0ltker
heres the vid i promised....only mod is magnaflow catback. I'll make another video once I install my short ram.

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...T1NK8VJSARSTRM

Wow. That sounds really sweet. Hands down the best exhaust I've heard on a civic. Everything else sounds like rice.

02civic_rida 03-19-2006 05:29 PM

I have magnaflow and i love it, i honestly dont think i'd go any other way, the sound is perfect and its not all whinny and raspy, its a nice deep tone.

this is my car just reving in a parking spot

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....5-5AE34BC9B371