Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Wilwood's On Car And Decisions... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/248347-wilwoods-car-decisions.html)

texascivic2k1 02-20-2006 11:49 AM

Wilwood's On Car And Decisions...

I promised some of you I would put up pictures of the brakes by Monday (today) and I will. But I don't approve of these pictures due to the weather here in Texas (Ice storm this weekend) and it’s taken in a Wal-Mart parking lot. :shake: I had no choice! So when the better weather comes I will post up some better pictures.

Before you post up a comment- (Please look at my Profile)
Yes it is lowered and will be lowered this Summer-Fall.
Also I am in the process of blacking out my headlights Spring-Summer.

Now the main decision is about my rear disc brakes coming soon. I have purchased some Rear SSBC Big Brake Kit (I think I will be the only one with these on 7thgencivic.com). 12" Rotors by 1" and signal piston calipers. I want the rear brakes to stand out like the front ones.... So Question- What color should I paint my rear calipers? Right now they have no paint and are a nice looking metallic gold metal. Colors-- Red, Black, Silver, or stay like they are? I just need to know before putting them on.

Here are some pictures to help decide what color....

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...3/DSC00478.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...3/DSC00479.jpg

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...3/DSC00480.jpg

Good comments and bad comments/opinions about the car are welcomed! Enjoy!

texascivic2k1

Pharoh 02-20-2006 11:52 AM

looks good to me :tup:

I used to have FF7's, but I didn't know they made 'em in black....lol. I woulda likely got those instead.

Tragedy 02-20-2006 11:53 AM

Im glad it all worked out for you, and it looks great. I like the red color for the calipers.

eye_see_you 02-20-2006 12:00 PM

that looks good man, and as for my old kit that I sold to you I would say you will have a better look leaving them black due to how the rear caliper is made. or you coudl go red for them to stand out but it will not look quite as sexy as the red wilwood Hope you enjoy the kit that I never got around to putting on.

ragingSPAM 02-20-2006 12:44 PM

nice...im gonna hold off on brakes until i get a gran turismo kit from brembo

isuzu5000 02-20-2006 12:47 PM

it would look oh so sexy if you painted them w/ a dark bronze/gold color
beautiful car by the way

DDragon7 02-20-2006 12:51 PM

Nice, I say paint the rear red like the ones in the front.

blouisgod 02-20-2006 12:54 PM

that wheel and brake combo look sweet! how much was that setup?

02-20-2006 12:59 PM

Damn, that's sexy! I would go with red on the rear to match the fronts. And I hear ya on the ice storm, I'm from DFW too. Suck-ass weather.

drew22mader 02-20-2006 01:04 PM

So your gonna have Wilwoods on the front and SSBC on the rear? I'm not feeling the mix sets on the car. How much did you pay for the SSBC? If its more than $549 shipped then i would say get ones that match.

texascivic2k1 02-20-2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by isuzu5000
it would look oh so sexy if you painted them w/ a dark bronze/gold color
beautiful car by the way

That would have been a good color to do… didn’t think of that one.

Originally Posted by blouisgod
that wheel and brake combo look sweet! how much was that setup?

$350 Shipped… And that is a long story. But with a little TLC and elbow grease… perfect.

Originally Posted by drew22mader
So your gonna have Wilwoods on the front and SSBC on the rear? I'm not feeling the mix sets on the car. How much did you pay for the SSBC? If its more than $549 shipped then i would say get ones that match.

Yes I will have Wilwood’s in the front and SSBC in the back. I paid $400 even from member “eye_see_you”. He never used them and sold it to me. Brand new they are $795.00 on the SSBC website. lol… I understand if you not feeling the mixed set but nobody can tell because there are no markings / labels of SSBC on them. So they will look like the SI conversion but with a lager rotor and bigger caliper.

But yeah if there were markings / labels I couldn’t mix them either IMO. I just couldn’t pass up these upgrades on such a low price…

Wilwood’s= $350 shipped (used) ($650.00 (new) +shipping)
SSBC’s= $400.00 picked-up ($795.00 +shipping)
Red Caliper Paint= $30.00
Labor= $0.00

Total= $780.00 <--- couldn’t pass that price up! :rockon:

texascivic2k1

R1Style 02-20-2006 01:50 PM

Those are fvckin sick! I love how it fills out the area behind your wheels :tup:

HondaLuver 02-20-2006 01:51 PM

dont' mix and match... its just eh.. if you want rear discs, SI's in the back will be fine for your application

eye_see_you 02-20-2006 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
dont' mix and match... its just eh.. if you want rear discs, SI's in the back will be fine for your application

Basically the rear SSBC set is the components off a late model Integra if you did not know. I sold the kit due to selling my civic and getting my rsx-s otherwise I gave him a great deal

mrDFWmechanic 02-20-2006 07:39 PM

thats sick looking are you showing up for the meet his sunday ? you should come out there and whore your brakes.

Stachmo 02-20-2006 08:52 PM

go for red, having 2 different colored calipers from 2 different companies would be a little wierd

Mutha Fn FBM 85 02-20-2006 09:22 PM

wow man you got a hot ride.. cant wait for your future mods. your car keeps getting better and better! awesome job dude.

eye_see_you 02-21-2006 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stachmo
go for red, having 2 different colored calipers from 2 different companies would be a little wierd

actually the SSBC rear kit just looks OEM because it is actually by being late model integra parts but here is a idea

http://www.performancecenter.com/gra...a163-1_500.jpg

texascivic2k1 02-21-2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
thats sick looking are you showing up for the meet his sunday ? you should come out there and whore your brakes.

lol… I will try to come this Sunday but I don’t know if I can show it off yet. It’s kind of embarrassing because it needs new brake pads and they squeal really badly. Actually I bought the pads off of fastbrakes.com (the same one you were wondering if they were good or not) and they are slow on processing the order. But I didn’t know were else to get Wilwood brake pads. Also if the weather is bad on Sunday I don’t think I will show but the weather is suppose to clear Saturday with a high of 64. :shrug:

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
Basically the rear SSBC set is the components off a late model Integra if you did not know. I sold the kit due to selling my civic and getting my rsx-s otherwise I gave him a great deal

It was a great deal! I am surprised that no one else took up on it before I did. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Stachmo

Yeah I am kind of leaning toward the red caliper in the rear. And like I said before, nobody will even tell the difference on the brands. Actually they look just like the ones in the picture above that “eye_see_you” posted.

texascivic2k1

eye_see_you 02-21-2006 11:30 AM

thats right I know my own brakes.. :lol: i'm working on the rsx-s now and its going to be something else very soon i'll have to get up to dallas and maybe ride around man

cubanmike26 02-21-2006 12:07 PM

That front set up looks great on your car man. I want one like that. Congrats!

drew22mader 02-21-2006 12:45 PM

I still don't know about that choice with the rear. You should have saved up just another $150 and got the Wilwoods to match, would have been sick. But i still like the front ones. :tup:

texascivic2k1 02-21-2006 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
I still don't know about that choice with the rear. You should have saved up just another $150 and got the Wilwoods to match, would have been sick. But i still like the front ones. :tup:

Okay I might be missing something here please help me understand... Save a $150 more for what? Wilwood Rear brakes(I don't think they make them for our civics), SSBC front brakes to go with the rear, or SI conversion? Not beeing a smart as$ just trying to understand what you meant...

texascivic2k1

HonCivX02 02-21-2006 02:16 PM

nice bro

02blackcivic 02-21-2006 02:29 PM

on your front bumper, is it not lined up correctly, or do the headlights sit back like an inch away from the bumper, if so that looks nice

texascivic2k1 02-21-2006 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 02blackcivic
on your front bumper, is it not lined up correctly, or do the headlights sit back like an inch away from the bumper, if so that looks nice

It's lined up correctly. Yes there is a lip on these kinds (Tsunami) of front bumpers. There is about a one inch lip in front of the headlight. Thanks for the complement.

texascivic2k1

ASIANPRIDE 02-21-2006 03:29 PM

Wow expensive...but good job dood...Red looks sooo amazing against the black...although it would look hawt on white too...

texascivic2k1 02-21-2006 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by ASIANPRIDE
Wow expensive...but good job dood...Red looks sooo amazing against the black...although it would look hawt on white too...

Thanks... Yeah I would look hawt on white too.

texascivic2k1

cubanmike26 02-21-2006 06:36 PM

^^same for SSM :)

Pedro Lopes 02-21-2006 06:47 PM

Is the SSBC a rear disc conversion, or do you need the SI's rear disc setup already and upgrade to the SSBC brakes.