Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   jdm monkeys help me (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/246816-jdm-monkeys-help-me.html)

klectic 02-10-2006 02:38 AM

jdm monkeys help me

posted this pic before in the sticky jdm thread.
basically i left the cali style and am going to the cleaner/"jdm-ish" look

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...tic/dx2005.jpg

here is how my car is now, but what else can further my jdm look.
i looked at a few rides from the mild category members awards thread, and like the look of some members(wut im going for)..

things i wanna do
17" -> 16/15" rims
blue tint -> black or no tint at all
headlights -> blackhoused
sidemarkers + cf hood
debating on a spoiler, and if so which one? oem?

anything else you guys suggest i do?

thanks
:shrug:

klectic 02-10-2006 02:41 AM

oh ya, feel free to post up any pics of ur suggestions
:)

redem2 02-10-2006 02:43 AM

- paint your car champion white
- do an rsx 5 lug conversion or just rear calipers
- go crazy with jdm stickers

mradam85 02-10-2006 03:51 AM

add 2 doors!... jk

Touge Whore 02-10-2006 03:52 AM

/\ What he said! haha

dj02 02-10-2006 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by klectic
but what else can further my jdm look.

really nothing as there is no "jdm" two door as the "jdm" civic rs, only comes in 4 door. but you can make your car ukdm, which is the closest you will come to "jdm"

Nameless 02-10-2006 07:50 AM

lol... i'd say just blackhouse the headlamps, get rid of the rims and get something darker... that'll definetly start it off :)

exturbo6 02-10-2006 07:55 AM

k20 swap...5 lug...jdm rims...wing...coin holder...etc.

diskreet 02-10-2006 08:07 AM

does anyone still remember the real meaning of jfm before it became a cf hood and 16" black wheels? Am I the only one left?

02civic_rida 02-10-2006 08:23 AM

^^^ UR far from the only one left, im sure everyone thats been on this forum has heard the whole jdm not jdm thing over and over again. In no way do I say this to be mean but the guy just asked a question and he just wants answers to it, thats alll he wanted.

Originally Posted by dj02
really nothing as there is no "jdm" two door as the "jdm" civic rs, only comes in 4 door. but you can make your car ukdm, which is the closest you will come to "jdm"

'

he did state "basically i left the cali style and am going to the cleaner/"jdm-ish" look" ... cleaner / "jdm-ish", he knows that theres not a JDM 2 door, hes just going for that cleaner style, this whole thread was to help him out and give him options that may be of interest to him, not explain to him what is or what isnt JDM.

klectic, i think it all depends on what you want, i deff say fogs!!! fogs are the hawtness, then some dc5 side markers, diff rims, you can go lower, like 16s or 15s but honestly i think 17s are the best for our car, just maybe get diff ones? and deff black out the headlights. i know its pretty much what others have said already but hopefuly it helps a lil.

gearbox 02-10-2006 08:32 AM

orange sidemarkers, black tint. if you put the cf hood, then should put the stock grill back. if keeping hood, black out headlights and keep grill.

fiatdale 02-10-2006 08:53 AM

I like your car the way it is personally, paint the mirrors and door handles and she'll look real good.

mrDFWmechanic 02-10-2006 09:01 AM

get some different rims, some rota's would look good gunmetal gt3's with polished lip would look killer
do the blackhousing headlight diy
some DC5 sidemarkers
get a cf front lip
DONT get a wing stay wingless its the new hottest thing
go on ebay buy a " i love my honda " sticker
buy ebay fogs and get yellow lamin-x

then you can be all jdm like the rest of us

mateusz 02-10-2006 10:02 AM

what rims are thoes ?? 18' exel BK-7??

Mutha Fn FBM 85 02-10-2006 10:05 AM

i say just black out the heads and change the tint and thats it.

civic4dizoor 02-10-2006 10:06 AM

all u need are some new WHEELS . Take it from me ive got through 7 sets 14-18" wheels . no blue tinit plz

mikemal 02-10-2006 11:03 AM

get rid of that blue tint for one. i dont even know if thats jdm or not but its gotta go. im not a big fan of all this jdm stuff and think a lot of it is absolutely rediculous looking. but do what u think will look good, not what other people say.

Blkcivic 02-10-2006 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
get some different rims, some rota's would look good gunmetal gt3's with polished lip would look killer
do the blackhousing headlight diy
some DC5 sidemarkers
get a cf front lip
DONT get a wing stay wingless its the new hottest thing
go on ebay buy a " i love my honda " sticker
buy ebay fogs and get yellow lamin-x

then you can be all jdm like the rest of us

Hahaha so that whts JDM means? Last time i checked, JDM was parts from japan but whatever make you happy is good with me:sweet:

Caucasian.Asian 02-10-2006 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by klectic
things i wanna do
17" -> 16/15" rims
blue tint -> black or no tint at all
headlights -> blackhoused
sidemarkers + cf hood
debating on a spoiler, and if so which one? oem?

anything else you guys suggest i do?

thanks
:shrug:

just do exactly that and it will look good, and if you get a spoiler, only get the lip.

klectic 02-10-2006 02:24 PM

cool, thanks a lot for the input guys (and keeping flames to a minimum) =P

and yes, i do know what jdm means, hence i put "jdm-ish", slowly too many ppl are getting caught up w/ the jdm craze, i guess wut i meant to say is just a cleaner, lip kit, type of look
:)

the blue tint was left over from the way my car was, and havent had a chance to remove it yet..heh..but ya it does have to go. and im still debating if i should get stock 05 si rims or 00 siR rims?

the new ideas i got from you guys are
side markers for sure
and fogs and new rims
(for those who said spoiler, wut spoiler u think, oem? sedan low profile one? kaminari lip one? hybrid lip one?...)

thanks again! keep em coming

klectic 02-10-2006 02:38 PM

rides that i like/inspire me (in no order)
:p

blkcivic
the smuggler
logicwavelenght
02civicrida

i guess you can see the theme im going for (if you guys are reading this, post up another pic :giggle: )
oh ya, and this guys:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...c/dscn0894.jpg

forgot his member name tho..

DDragon7 02-10-2006 03:11 PM

^^That looks good.

mrDFWmechanic 02-10-2006 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Blkcivic
Hahaha so that whts JDM means? Last time i checked, JDM was parts from japan but whatever make you happy is good with me:sweet:

i was joking when i said you be jdm like everybody else. jdm is just a style a fashion of you wanna say. you wanna be true hardcore jdm buy a rhd car. we're all just posers trying to be something were not

Blkcivic 02-10-2006 05:11 PM

Hahaha really? yes i was just being anal because i just think it funny how people talk about JDM and not have a single part on their car that is manufactured from japan.

orion_squall 02-10-2006 05:26 PM

it is fairly JDM now.

-Add white ferio side marker
-Use ferio gront Grill, there should be a V shape chrome on it.
-Door handle and mirror should be the same color as the car
-Add a factory honda spoiler
-Clear the headlight
-Use Euro taillight (yes, Euro count as JDM, as jap try harder to impress euro)

Extreme
-Paint the car white

Hayz 02-10-2006 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blkcivic
Hahaha really? yes i was just being anal because i just think it funny how people talk about JDM and not have a single part on their car that is manufactured from japan.

I do!!! :rofl:
Ferio Tail lights - Folding Mirrors - Window Visors
sidemarkers - RS Grill - RS Sides and Rear lip kit
DC5 sidemarkers - JDMish yellow Fogs -
and more on the way :tup:

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 02-10-2006 07:06 PM

isn't it that your tailights came from the GB with civicksky? those tailights aren't from japan, they are from thailand.

glassJAwzr 02-10-2006 09:37 PM

go for some fogs,get some rotas,works,etc,black out the head lights,,RS grill,oem lip kit all around,sidemarkers JDM tails.idk those are some of my suggestions but do what you think is right to your car i guess just keep it clean and simple.:tup:

Slow Gold 02-10-2006 09:41 PM

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...c/dscn0894.jpg
:clap: Thats the coolest Inca Ive ever seen. :clap: .

Slow Gold 02-10-2006 09:42 PM

I will order the mugen lip on payday